Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20958 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:55:10 »

Since it’s halftime.  How about educate the American.  

Is Boxing Day still a thing in such gifts are given out or is it just a holiday to rest after Christmas family fights?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:56:26 »

Since it’s halftime.  How about educate the American. 

Is Boxing Day still a thing in such gifts are given out or is it just a holiday to rest after Christmas family fights?

It's a follow up day to get more food and drink in you and go to watch the football.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:57:20 »

Got no live pictures option, only audio. Wtf!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:57:47 »

It's effectively our equivalent of your thanksgiving - all about food and football

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:57:56 »

It's a follow up day to get more food and drink in you and go to watch the football.

But is still a holiday where places are closed like banks and government
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:58:42 »

Since it’s halftime.  How about educate the American.  

Boxing day was traditionally the day that the toffs gave their crap to the peasants. But that hasn't happened since Victorian times! Now it's just a holiday the day after Xmas day and an official day in the footie calendar

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:59:20 »

Yep, it's an extra holiday.  Shops are open though as it is the start of the January Sale period, similar to Black Friday

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:59:47 »

Our Government has been closed for about 2 years. (Mods feel free to move to Politics, sorry)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:59:50 »

It's effectively our equivalent of your thanksgiving - all about food and football

I read that football used to be played on Christmas until about the 50s.  We’re the players tired of playing on the holiday or public not wanting games on the holiday?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:00:39 »

I think our slow, methodical approach play, which retains possession well, is a problem when a team gets a little on top of us.  We seem to defend at a slow pace as well.  I assume that is just the mental ability to switch which is tough to do all game.  It just shows up that we seem caught between many stools on what we do without the ball.  We just appear to slip back into a formation with no press, no filling of the middle, no desire for everyone to get behind the ball.  By not doing anything we are very passive.

If we insist on the pace being constant, which means no high press, and we won't play a Grant type player, then we have to commit to niggly little fouls to break up their possession.
It’s this which while I’m looking forward to the Man City game the score could be really embarrassing as if we are this passive with the ball and don’t engage against a team like that it could be a cricket score. He’ll surely have to try something different against them?!
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:00:48 »

Got no live pictures option, only audio. Wtf!

Try a different browser, Aud. Keeps happening to me too, although normally in the 30 minutes before a game starts.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:01:02 »

Our Government has been closed for about 2 years. (Mods feel free to move to Politics, sorry)

Don’t talk to me about government.   We have been a mess for about 6 years
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:01:06 »

I read that football used to be played on Christmas until about the 50s.  We’re the players tired of playing on the holiday or public not wanting games on the holiday?

Yeah, there used to be football games played on Xmas day - I think they just mad a sensible decision as neither players or fans really want to be travelling to football matches on Xmas day

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:01:59 »

Try a different browser, Aud. Keeps happening to me too, although normally in the 30 minutes before a game starts.
Don’t use a browser. Watch it through the app. First half was fine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:02:34 »

Don’t use a browser. Watch it through the app. First half was fine.
Open a browser and login there instead.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: