Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20985 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:41:53 »

hmmmm.

The weather and lack of Reed really causing us an issue.

I think we've got the better quality, but Barrow have been reasonably good themselves considering. Thankfully lack of quality/composure means we've not conceded.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:42:02 »

Honestly, Garner has to address the obvious problems. No bite in midfield at all. We seem reliant on the opposition gifting us possession.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:42:09 »

Quote from: Red Frog
Injured or not, Ellis has looked about our best player that half.

I'd agree with that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:43:12 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Honestly, Garner has to address the obvious problems. No bite in midfield at all. We seem reliant on the opposition gifting us possession.

agreed

but looking at the bench... it'll have to wait until January.

shit weather, soggy pitch, and it's all a bit 'nice'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:43:23 »

Yeah, Iandolo and Payne pick of the bunch 1st half - positive mention for East who has looked decent without being spectacular

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:43:53 »

I would say that KKH, Odimayo, Payne, Simpson and Iandolo are all pretty decent that half, Hunt hasnt done bad and Wollacott have all looked decent, Conroy and Gladwin poor, East has done some great passes but is struggling defensively, McKirdy eager but his first touch has been woeful at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:44:20 »

If ever a game cried out for Grant, this is it. We’ve got enough fancy Dans on the pitch, surely.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:46:19 »

If ever a game cried out for Grant, this is it. We’ve got enough fancy Dans on the pitch, surely.

Completely agree- when the pitches are bad you need that bite in midfield without him we do not have it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:47:48 »

Well I think that half would put to bed ajny ideas that Garner may deploy some pragmatism from time to time.  It is clear any one game may be sacrificed to ensure we consistently do the same thing.  If anything we have doubled down on the style side.

On the plus side, we have looked likely to score. On the downside we look likely to concede.

Conroy has continued his last performance, all over the place and clearly been told to watch videos of Hoddle playing sweeper rather than Butcher playing central defence.

At times it is hard to figure out what our plan without the ball actually is.  We don't press well and we don't full the spaces.

On the ball, we have shown they are just as open between their central defenders.  Iandolo and Payne have had space to attack, Gladwin is allowed to run and Simpson has the beating of the defenders if he fancies it.

We could win this 3-1 and just as easily lose by the same score.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:47:54 »

100% we are powder puff in midfield and they have spotted that.

Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:49:51 »

Crap game so far.

We've been shit, but I don't remember Jojo having anything to do despite Barrow's posession.

I've a feeling that we'll grab an undeserved winner with a moment of individual brilliance.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:50:31 »

Weather crap (but despite what but looks like it's not particularlywindy), football little better, terrace intimate

Sent from my SM-A125F
Peter Venkman

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:52:29 »

I still think Barrow lack any quality other than Banks, I still also think we will win this, we have the far better quality players and have created chances.

Just shore up the midfield they are walking through us all the time, get Williams on as well as Lyden for probably McKirdy and Gladwin.

Keep the faith we still look more likely to score than they do IMO.

Stevens is still awful with his final ball, luckily.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:52:47 »

It appears on his birthday, Conroy is giving out all the gifts he received... Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 15:54:38 »

I think our slow, methodical approach play, which retains possession well, is a problem when a team gets a little on top of us.  We seem to defend at a slow pace as well.  I assume that is just the mental ability to switch which is tough to do all game.  It just shows up that we seem caught between many stools on what we do without the ball.  We just appear to slip back into a formation with no press, no filling of the middle, no desire for everyone to get behind the ball.  By not doing anything we are very passive.

If we insist on the pace being constant, which means no high press, and we won't play a Grant type player, then we have to commit to niggly little fouls to break up their possession.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: