Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101320 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 12:24:09 »

certainly not outraged enough not to go

certainly outraged enough not to go out my way to put extra money in come ST renewal.

twattish, but it is my choice

Quite right, this combined with the pressure being applied to waive a partial refund for last season has made me question again whether to get a ST when I can’t make it to every home game anyway.

What is annoying me more is people telling me I should be grateful to be able to be fleeced
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 12:34:01 »

I do worry the state of the club is somewhat worse than is publically portrayed

I mean we have all seen the debts in the minutes of the advisory board.

we have all seen Clem put a lot of money in, I get that.

but on the other side I see ticket line issues in getting through, reduced shop opening hours, chasing the st refundees, hiking the man city prices up

yeah. I accept it could simply be the ruthless cost control to minimise losses.
-----------
you aren't a proper fan Posh Smiley

for me a bought an u18 ST that will get used about 5 times this season. I'll drop that next season.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 13:42:29 »

More disappointed than outraged. I feel the club could of been smarter with giving priority to people who attend say Stevenage and Northampton- that way you get two bumper crowds on top of the City sell out and dont need to fleece the fanbase so blatantly. (I know RA said on last nights 'On the Sofa' thats not so easy to do but come on its not rocket science).

The most ironic part is they are eroding a lot of goodwill to make a quick buck that they then have to give 55% of away! Seems short sighted to me, look after the fans and in the long term it would have been more beneficial to the club.

We waived our ST refunds last year as were privileged enough to be in a position to do so- those who arent shouldnt be hounded and guilt tripped to forego the refund- thats very shoddy- you cant come out and say theres plenty of funds in the bank to pay of able if needs be on one hand and then plead poverty in the next sentence.

Fingers crossed this wave isnt as severe as feared, but should City be behind closed door/ the rest of the season be impacted Ill be claiming a refund... would have considered writing it off before this episode.

« Last Edit: Friday, December 17, 2021, 13:46:29 by The Million Pound Man » Logged
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 13:52:32 »

How will the postponed game/s affect Conroy's suspension? Will it mean he could miss the City game?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 14:00:58 »

How will the postponed game/s affect Conroy's suspension? Will it mean he could miss the City game?

League and FA cup are separate suspensions this season.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 15:05:17 »

I’ll offer any fan on here that cannot afford the hike - the difference of a usual cost to make sure they can make it. I understand it from the club, but for those less off I’ll happily subsidise the difference.

Nice gesture.

I sub 4D every fucking home game with beer money!

Probably get the sponging parasite a ticket though.....im all heart.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 15:23:54 »

I'm always in the chair.....when I eventually get there  Smiley
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 15:44:28 »

no. I toddler stropped on Twitter to be fair

Likewise... And my opinion hasn't changed to be fair

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #698 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 17:25:52 »

^This and this but not this. I think some like the outrage tbh.
Absolutely this tbh. I'm not happy with the increase but you know there's a handful of people who were desperate to have this to kick off about
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 18:09:59 »

League and FA cup are separate suspensions this season.

Thanks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 20:01:09 »

Thanks

This, this, this and this. Or maybe to many this’.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 16:33:42 »

Every premier league team changes more for the visits of the premium sides, man city, Man U Liverpool etc and they charge far more than £35!

Supporting Swindon town or any lower league club is a bit like supporting your local pta fete or whatever. You understand you pay a bit more than the going rate but it’s for the charity, which is pretty much what the club is. I really do not understand some of the tight cunts on here whining about prices. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you buy it on the understanding you are funding the club that was almost out of business a few months ago, do so happy in the knowledge your supporting the club and stop fucking whining.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 17:12:15 »

Every premier league team changes more for the visits of the premium sides, man city, Man U Liverpool etc and they charge far more than £35!

Supporting Swindon town or any lower league club is a bit like supporting your local pta fete or whatever. You understand you pay a bit more than the going rate but it’s for the charity, which is pretty much what the club is. I really do not understand some of the tight cunts on here whining about prices. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you buy it on the understanding you are funding the club that was almost out of business a few months ago, do so happy in the knowledge your supporting the club and stop fucking whining.

I respect this view point to a degree.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 17:26:01 »

rightly so, premier League team v premier League team in a level competition

It's a slightly different scenario imo. I would expect to pay more for League games if we were in the championship (not going to pretend premier League is going to be reached ever again)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 17:37:57 »

Let's hope if there is a two week circuit breaker and games are played without any crowds let's hope that the club can come up with some shithousery excuse to get the game called off so at least we can play in front of a full capacity a couple of weeks after.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 17:41:57 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: