Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101298 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:33:21 »

Not suggesting that Clem & Rob are going to trouser the extra cash, unlike the previous owner, but just imagine the reaction if he had done this & upped the ticket prices for this type of game.

People (rightly) lost their shit when we had to pay again for the replayed Rovers game, to me this is in the same ballpark.

You are comparing apples and pineapples.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:34:47 »

My understanding is the home team keeps the lot aside from a small commission to the away club for any tickets they have sold:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-5--fixtures/

Cheers, that was what I was sort of getting at is that we would only be getting 45% of receipts so the game could end up costing us bloody money (really don't have time to do the maths).
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:53:39 »

Not really, it’s being seen as an opportunity to make more money out of a fixture.

I’d agree that there’s no comparison on where that money is likely to be going.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:56:04 »

What is slightly annoying is that ST holders can order two, meaning someone who never goes can jump the queue ahead of people who cant afford season tickets etc
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:58:09 by tans » Logged
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:57:14 »

You don't really think that do you

Probably not, but why should I be able to get two tickets, especially as they won’t be together so it’s not like I can bring a friend
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:03:07 »

Probably not, but why should I be able to get two tickets, especially as they won’t be together so it’s not like I can bring a friend
I did wonder this, surely the club will let an ST holder move seats for the match to where there are two available next to each other otherwise it will limit the take up of the additional ticket…
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:06:58 »

Actually, you're comparing apples with a diarrhoea shit sandwich. With added haemorrhoids.

Jeez, that strained my spellchecker.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:18:06 »

My understanding is the home team keeps the lot aside from a small commission to the away club for any tickets they have sold:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-5--fixtures/

Doesn’t that only apply to league games, it’s why smaller teams always wanted an away draw to the big boys in the FA Cup, as they’d get 45% of a bigger crowd
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:52:49 »

Doesn’t that only apply to league games, it’s why smaller teams always wanted an away draw to the big boys in the FA Cup, as they’d get 45% of a bigger crowd
Yes, that's right. What I wrote was in direct response to a questions about league games...
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:58:50 »

Yes, that's right. What I wrote was in direct response to a questions about league games...
👍
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 13:03:27 »

At least it's free  Smiley
Flash will want two.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:39:00 »

Being a concession ST holder my actual price per game for this season was just under £11 which is so cheap and I have  absolutely no complaints, but the increase for the City game is a jump, not that well thought out and I am a little disappointed that there was not more of a sliding scale for all the ST people. I can afford the increase and have paid the going rates for away games plus the ancillary costs so it is not a problem personally but I can really appreciate the family holders and those possibly struggling having to dig deep if they want to see the game, and is does not sit well with me.

STFC is still in the deep doodah as we all know and the money raised should help, I just hope it does not alienate too many fans.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:58:09 »

Being a concession ST holder my actual price per game for this season was just under £11 which is so cheap and I have  absolutely no complaints, but the increase for the City game is a jump, not that well thought out and I am a little disappointed that there was not more of a sliding scale for all the ST people. I can afford the increase and have paid the going rates for away games plus the ancillary costs so it is not a problem personally but I can really appreciate the family holders and those possibly struggling having to dig deep if they want to see the game, and is does not sit well with me.

STFC is still in the deep doodah as we all know and the money raised should help, I just hope it does not alienate too many fans.

Hmmm

I’ll offer any fan on here that cannot afford the hike - the difference of a usual cost to make sure they can make it. I understand it from the club, but for those less off I’ll happily subsidise the difference.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:59:15 »

Nice gesture, fair play Clap

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 23:14:50 »

Angus mentioned earlier that the community foundation and ‘Boom Battle Bar’ (at Regent Circus) are supporting with additional hospitality for this, I assume some extra stuff offsite? Anyone after hospitality get in touch with the club as it’s being sold already and doesn’t appear to have been advertised anywhere.

Also confirmed portaloos for the Bank (yes, someone really did message in to ask that question) - the City fans are in for a treat.

Interesting to note we may lose some seating in the Arkells (also for league matches) due to strengthening of the ‘red zone’, which I assume means subs sat distanced in the stand. Some ST holders will be dislodged as a result.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: