Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101369 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 07:12:27 »

I see Whitty is telling us to stay away from stadiums now so I imagine that’s warming us up for the inevitable so all this will become irrelevant anyway.

Hope the extra £30k on paper was worth it for the erosion of good will…

How many tickets are you looking to get?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 07:42:34 »

How many tickets are you looking to get?
If I go I’ll get my 2 season tickets worth, the point isn’t about me it’s the general principle of milking supporters to the maximum at the first opportunity. I’ll certainly be making sure I pay on a credit card though as this time I’ll be claiming a refund out of principle if it falls victim to Covid.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 08:08:32 »

Some fella on Twitter is selling off his ST as he can’t be arsed to use a passport/lft to attend games. He seems to think either all games are capped at 9,999 or all games must be passport/lft enabled - the club can’t switch between the 2.

I suppose he thinks we can’t have Man City with 10,000+ and using passports and then revert back to no passports cos our league games will be under 10,000.

Not sure if he’s right there, though.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 08:42:29 »

I for one will not be attending.
I can stomach the price hike for adults, they're the current champions with some of the world's best players so understandably make hay while the sun shines.
However when you factor in 3 U18's with a price hike of over 400% that to me isn't what it's all about.
Due to work commitments we can only go to a certain amount of games so whether that be at home or away we travel on my days off, home matches are a 100 mile round trip themself.
So far this season:
Scunny, Cambridge, Walsall away
Carlisle, Tranmere, Vale, Mansfield, Bradford, Colchester. Harrogate.
Now as luckily our home games fall on my days off we bought 3 U18 6 match passes this on top of 2 shirts for each of them and a mascot package this season. I get it not as much as many of you but that is out of my hands.
To be hampered with those rises, they know the ground will sell out so its profiteering in my eyes. There is plenty of opportunity to make the extra money, hitting the regular fans isn't it.
Yes it's to help the club with debts etc but I'll save my fuel sit in front of the fire with a few beers and a take away and support from the armchair.
Gutted to not go but can't justify the additional costs.
See you at Walsall Saturday.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 08:45:08 »

We're at home Saturday Skip  Smiley

Regarding the passport thing Aud, it's a piece of piss if you have the NHS app.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 08:54:53 »

Yes sorry, was caught up in the moment, yep Walsall at home, had already bought my Northampton ticket aswell before the 6 match bundle. Next year my rota was very favourable, however I quit my job last week so all weekends free from now onwards but cant get to midweek games due to the time restraints. So won't be getting the half season ticket. Start new one Monday pay is comparable but NO weekends!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 08:58:10 »

"he can’t be arsed to use a passport/lft to attend games".

Making an assumption he hasn't been vaccinated (Fine, his choice) but getting a negative LFT is piss easy and free!! Seems like some people are cutting off their nose to spite their face a bit (which would then make an LFT test very tricky!!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:12:37 »

Blimey, reading back the last few pages, i forgot I was on the TEF and thought I was on Twitter.  I can't be arsed with all of the outrage on either side and will sit in front of the TV with a beer in hand.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:17:49 »

I dont get the whole animosity of having a pass to be honest? No different to showing ID for fags and beer
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:25:13 »

At least it's free  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:38:12 »

What's the situation WRT sharing proceeds in league games, I know we only get 45% of what is made with this game?

Mindful of what its going to cost in terms of extra stewards, extra rozzers, upgrades to the bank etc etc is there not the danger the club could have made very little if anything based on standard ticket pricing? Taking into account the fact that the club doesn't actually seem to wash its face apart from player sales (and we have few assets in that department at the moment) and we are presently £2.5m in debt?

Blimey, reading back the last few pages, i forgot I was on the TEF and thought I was on Twitter.  I can't be arsed with all of the outrage on either side and will sit in front of the TV with a beer in hand.

From  what I have seen of City this season, I think I will be hiding behind the settee to be honest!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:40:19 »

Can't see them sending a full first team, still be a very tough game.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:46:01 »

What's the situation WRT sharing proceeds in league games, I know we only get 45% of what is made with this game?

My understanding is the home team keeps the lot aside from a small commission to the away club for any tickets they have sold:

34.3.3    For League Matches only, the Away Club shall be entitled to a commission representing 5 (five) per cent of the aggregate sales (exclusive of VAT) of tickets sold on behalf of the Home Club, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs. The Away Club shall submit a VAT invoice, in respect of the commission due, to the Home Club within five working days of the date of the match taking place.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-5--fixtures/
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 09:56:11 »

Not suggesting that Clem & Rob are going to trouser the extra cash, unlike the previous owner, but just imagine the reaction if he had done this & upped the ticket prices for this type of game.

People (rightly) lost their shit when we had to pay again for the replayed Rovers game, to me this is in the same ballpark.

The other thing that’s a bit weird, is that I can buy two tickets (my own seat & another random one), maybe the thinking is ST holders can flog them for £45, therefore offsetting the price increase 🤷🏼‍♂️
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #659 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 10:06:21 »

Not suggesting that Clem & Rob are going to trouser the extra cash, unlike the previous owner, but just imagine the reaction if he had done this & upped the ticket prices for this type of game.

People (rightly) lost their shit when we had to pay again for the replayed Rovers game, to me this is in the same ballpark.

The other thing that’s a bit weird, is that I can buy two tickets (my own seat & another random one), maybe the thinking is ST holders can flog them for £45, therefore offsetting the price increase 🤷🏼‍♂️
You don't really think that do you
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: