Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101328 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 15:00:06 »

Workington the jam eaters.

Are they fuck, that's Whitehaven!!!

Always made me laugh when I lived up there that each called the other jam eaters as an insult!

As for Wigan I suspect its because everyone from there did (and still does) live on pies, my pastry consumption probably went down 10 fold when I stopped working there!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 15:06:58 »

Are they fuck, that's Whitehaven!!!

Always made me laugh when I lived up there that each called the other jam eaters as an insult!

As for Wigan I suspect its because everyone from there did (and still does) live on pies, my pastry consumption probably went down 10 fold when I stopped working there!
Only passing on what I heard! there are lots of "**** eaters" as an insult up there!

The pie eaters insult apparently comes from humble pie rather than an actual pie.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 15:17:05 »

The pie eaters insult apparently comes from humble pie rather than an actual pie.

It is, it relates to the General Strike and Wigan Miners basically being starved back to work by the owners and thus having to eat humble pie.

Its a funny old place, as I have noted on numerous occasions you very very rarely see a naturally blonde girl in Wigan, perhaps its the coal dust and pies.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 15:26:45 »

It is, it relates to the General Strike and Wigan Miners basically being starved back to work by the owners and thus having to eat humble pie.

Its a funny old place, as I have noted on numerous occasions you very very rarely see a naturally blonde girl in Wigan, perhaps its the coal dust and pies.

Good old days.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:22:46 »

Couldn't find my points on desktop, managed it via mobile though.....grand total of 10. I'm guessing that was for Stevenage as I haven't bought the rest of my tickets myself. Doh.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:29:31 »

Yeah, points make prizes.
Then again, given our cup record don't think that many would have expected the club to hit the jackpot this season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:32:26 »

Couldn't find my points on desktop, managed it via mobile though.....grand total of 10. I'm guessing that was for Stevenage as I haven't bought the rest of my tickets myself. Doh.

they can add you to their network and assign the tickets and points to you, they can in advance anyway.. not sure about retrospectively but worth a try.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:40:11 »

Historically we do have 2 FA Cup away wins over City. Conversely, they’ve beaten us 10-1 and 7-0 in a couple of other cup games.

Presume the aim is to retain a smidgen of dignity.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:52:09 »

Historically we do have 2 FA Cup away wins over City. Conversely, they’ve beaten us 10-1 and 7-0 in a couple of other cup games.

Presume the aim is to retain a smidgen of dignity.

Us or them?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 16:57:45 »

I have 90 loyalty points apparently. What does that mean?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 17:07:40 »

I have 90 loyalty points apparently. What does that mean?
Means you have been spending far too much time at football.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 17:07:45 »

Making no promises but and it is a big but I may have an adult ticket available. If so I will post here nearer the time.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 17:23:16 »

Fucking hell Steve thats even less than me!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 17:48:38 »

Been getting most of my tickets through a mate this season. Only ones I can remember buying myself were Stevenage away. Do you even get points for away games?

I really hope so.  We've not been to a home game for nearly 2 years - last one being the Exeter 2-1 a few seasons ago.  One of the consequences of being a northern exile is that all 3 of our games this season have been away from home.  Keeping it all crossed that we get to make the trip down for this.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 17:50:36 »

Fucking hell Steve thats even less than me!

Been getting them cheap through a mate who is getting them on some sort of sponsorship. Pretty sure the 10 points will be one away ticket purchased.

Seems good at the time until you can't get a big game ticket. I'm hoping 6 game passes will be some sort of priority because I'm sure they'll be at least 6 games where I can't get a cheap one.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: