Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34598 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:17:48 »

One was taking a pi*s when they were counting😀
Warming his hands up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:21:44 »

Warming his hands up.

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:34:06 »

The first duty of the officials is the safety of the players, the officials were fortunate as was KKH, not to have a stretcher on the field.  Regarding that and the incredibly inept penalty decision, the assessor should ensure that the entire crew don't get another game until their is a sufficient explanation of events with remedial action including re-training. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:41:40 »

What amazes me is the standard of refereeing was better in league 2 twenty/thirty years ago so we've gone backwards.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:52:37 »

The other thing I’ve noticed is a lot of the simple passes amongst the back line seem to go behind the receiving player, so he is already pointing backwards when he gets the ball - inevitably back to JoJo. I reckon we’ve got good enough players to drive forward at pace from the back - which happens quite often in away games.

I just don’t understand the change of emphasis at home.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:55:14 »

Referee Young was in the news earlier this month.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/3983403/alan-young-orient-hartlepool-blunder-referee-fa/

His next game should be Clevedon Town v Exmouth Town in the ToolStation league.

Chief Executive of the Bedfordshire FA?
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:57:55 by Crozzer » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 17:05:45 »

Check out how many cards he gives out per game over recent seasons😀

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1884

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 08:12:42 »

There is a video from a different angle of JML’s penalty award. He’s definitely fouled. So the evening up theory about why the Iandolo one wasn’t given is shot down.

There’s also a clear pic of Electric Squirrel being bear hugged in the area to stop him getting to a cross.

The refs at our level get so much wrong I’d think any form of VAR would show them up for the useless twats they, generally, are.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 08:27:06 »

Check out how many cards he gives out per game over recent seasons😀

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1884

I bet his Christmas card list is massive.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #399 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:10:01 »

There is a video from a different angle of JML’s penalty award.

Got a link please mate?

EDIT - never mind I found it:

https://twitter.com/Matt_r_Edwards/status/1465015392598953984
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:20:32 »

In the circumstances a good point on Saturday against a clearly well drilled, competent side in Harrogate. I've only the clips on twitter to go on as I was sat in a services on the M1 waiting for a plane to land in at East Midlands airport, but we very nearly blew them away in the last 20 minutes or so. If we can get anywhere near that quality and tempo for more than just 20 minutes we'll be cracking this season. It still seems like we are a work in progress at home, which is frustrating.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:42:40 »

Here’s the pic of McKirdy being manhandled.

* E896DD60-F20A-4082-864B-3B2DFE18E054.jpeg (72.17 KB, 611x1086 - viewed 187 times.)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:44:12 »

Which begs the question as to why we can’t generate that tempo and intensity from the beginning. We’ve got to sit through 45 minutes of dross almost every home game before there’s a chance of any excitement.

Full disclosure I saw nothing of this as I was holed up in a bunk house in the Dales with (from 8.30pm on Friday night) no electricity, no water and no mobile connection so the only way to follow any scores was to go and sit in the car and put 5live on! So I accept that I didn't sit freezing my nuts off watching it.

Haven't we basically done full circle from where we have been the last few seasons, in the past we seemed able to play 70 mins tops and would invariably then let at least 1 late goal in and never score any. Now we seem to be able to play 90 mins and get a fair few late goals but are a slower starter. I've always maintained at lower football levels, if you can keep on the game for 90 mins you have a chance, is it the fact that the way we play for the second half is just not sustainable for 90 mins and Garner realises that, yes its a bit dour but can the way we play actually be changed for the better or would we just revert to being fucked after an hour?

I recall before these two home games there were people saying they would be happy with 2 points, well we have double that. We have not lost in 4 games and have won 3 of them, to read some of the posts some seem to be hinting that garner is doing a bad job. We are averaging 1.83 points per game at the moment, keep that up it gets us to 84 points which would have won us this league last season.

Think where we were in late July.....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 09:51:36 »

I agree to some extent, but why the difference in attitude between home and away - cos that’s all it is. There is very little intent early on and, after 9 games, it us now obvious that that is part of the game plan as you have outlined.

I’m not saying it won’t be productive over the season and may even lead to promotion. My gripe, and only gripe, is that’s it’s soporific and increasingly frustrating to watch.

And I don’t go for all this harping back to 6 months ago. We are where we are now. That’s all that matters.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 10:25:38 »

Teams will come to the CG though and work bloody hard to press high, force mistakes and try make us lose patience. Nab a goal and they can sit in and soak up the pressure. We've seen loads of teams do this, and Garner obviously anticipates this. So we have to be patient and grind teams down, knowing that they will eventually tire of the high press. It's failed on numerous occasions (Carlisle, Port Vale, Bradford) as we've made mistakes, giving the away side a lead to sit on. We definitely need an alternative out from the back though at times as going short isn't always an option. Think that was part of the reason Garner started with Williams and Gladwin on saturday.

It's different away - the home side has the onus to go out and attack, which is hard as we keep possesion so well. But when they are attacking, a well-placed tackle or mistake on the ball and we're well set up to counter.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: