Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34587 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:36:55 »

Remember that well, think we all prayed there wouldn't be extra time.  Brass monkeys and all that.

I think hazard missed a good opportunity right near the end. Don't think I could have done extra time, they'd have to chisel me off the terrace.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #376 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 12:54:24 »

A good view here of the foul on Iandolo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1464935738047406080

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 13:34:46 »

At half time yesterday I was questioning my sanity in driving three hours to sit in the cold and watch that. It was depressing and offered little or no enjoyment.

Fortunately the second half reminded me why we go to games, we got after them and played at a much better tempo and despite the frustration of not getting the decision at the end the second half was much more enjoyable.
REDBUCK

« Reply #378 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 13:36:08 »

So no dive then, always good not to prejudge.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 13:40:27 »

Defender in no position to even challenge for the actual ball and yet he:

1.  brushes Iandolo's arm - no impact but no excuse either
2.  makes more meaningful contact with Iandolo's right thigh - impact distracting and sufficient for a pen but Iandolo continues his run, dead set on ball
3.  continues run behind Iandolo, making a third contact, that absolutely sends Iandolo flying.

preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

Outcome a Penalty AND a red card for the defender.

All following an afternoon of ignoring foul after foul on KKH inc. a really heavy out of control tackle.

Never want to see that twat again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 14:08:00 »

At half time yesterday I was questioning my sanity in driving three hours to sit in the cold and watch that. It was depressing and offered little or no enjoyment.

Fortunately the second half reminded me why we go to games, we got after them and played at a much better tempo and despite the frustration of not getting the decision at the end the second half was much more enjoyable.
Which begs the question as to why we can’t generate that tempo and intensity from the beginning. We’ve got to sit through 45 minutes of dross almost every home game before there’s a chance of any excitement.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 15:08:00 »

Which begs the question as to why we can’t generate that tempo and intensity from the beginning. We’ve got to sit through 45 minutes of dross almost every home game before there’s a chance of any excitement.

Agree, although the thought process is very much pass, pass and pass again to tire the opposition out and take advantage in the second half, which to be fair has worked very well away from home, much less so at home. When we are away, the home team feels obliged to commit more players forward, which creates gaps for us to exploit. This doesn't happen when we are at home as the away side haven't got sizeable support of their own encouraging them forward. As such we often have stalemate at home in the first half, with nothing go get the crowd going. Result is a very flat atmosphere.

I feel it is crucial we score first and ideally early, so that we draw the away team on to us, thus creating the gaps. As others have said playing Gladwin, Payne and Williams together doesnt work. Either McKirdy or JML have to start, to stretch the opposition's defence. Maybe we can on occasions start them both by playing a 433 but more likely McKirdy starts in a 352. In any event, we need to take a few more risks at home by being more adventurous in our play, which doesnt mean hoofing it forward, but taking players on in the right areas of the pitch. Sure we will revert to a 352 at Walsall with McKirdy and Critchlow starting in place of Gladwin and Hunt.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 15:28:35 »

You also have to nullify the opposition when it's not working which we don't do very well at home.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:05:16 »

Had a look on their fans forum for any comments on yesterday. Don’t waste your time looking. Their last poster were sometime in October. Seriously.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:07:55 »

Had a look on their fans forum for any comments on yesterday. Don’t waste your time looking. Their last poster were sometime in October. Seriously.
Theres a post from November 25th but nothing about our game vs them, very little traffic, very few fans TBH.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:08:48 »

Did their fan come down on the team coach yesterday?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:13:27 »

Despite the apparent lack of supporters, they aren't doing too badly.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #387 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:14:25 »

Did their fan come down on the team coach yesterday?
I heard there was a confusion as to how many they actually brought yesterday, the club announced it as 41 but rumours are that there actually was 42 of them there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:15:47 »

Despite the apparent lack of supporters, they aren't doing too badly.
LOLZ

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 16:17:20 »

I heard there was a confusion as to how many they actually brought yesterday, the club announced it as 41 but rumours are that there actually was 42 of them there.

One was taking a pi*s when they were counting😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: