Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34816 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:03:47 »

And to top my day off, did I understand from your glorious leader that he's just cancelled my footy and rock 'n' roll weekend next week? Anyone want a ticket for Walsall and New Model Army?

Crash Crash Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:12:34 »

Stone wall penalty according to Payne.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:13:11 »

Harrogate prob. promo/play off rivals so the coming back to get the draw worthwhile.  Credit to Harrogate for their part in a real contest, in a game of two halves.

First 60' by us was poor but was it especially poor compared to normal home games, inc Hartlepool where we won 3-1  We've seen how strongly Garnerball allows us to finish.  But obv.  there is still an issue in 1st half performances generally.

Iandolo was fully committed to his run and past the defender.  He was taken down.  Full stop. More seriously KKH was endangered by the Ref's persistently one-sided benign neglect.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #333 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:17:22 »

First half, Harrogate deservedly in the lead. Second half we started slow but got a lot better when Gladwin came off for McKirdy. In the end we probably could have won it. First pen was a bit soft, the Iandolo foul was stonewall, and then we should've scored straight after from a corner. KKH was battered in the 2nd half and their left back should've been sent off for a fucking horrible challenge. Payne probably our best player overall, his close control is unreal and lead to a few good chances. JML and McKirdy caused problems when they came on.

1 - 1 probably a fair result overall.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:42:12 »

To sum up, 67 minutes of mostly pure dross.

Game changed when McKirdy came on. I don't know if it was him specifically, but he did run at them. obviously we had to go for it too.

ref was a cunt. iandolo booked for being fould in the area. their #4 was a wanker all game and their #3 wasn't far behind. Simpson man handled all game.

oh, and there were a couple of heroic blocks in our box when at 1-1. Don't know who it was, but it was game saving

all in all the last 23 papers over the first 67 minutes. I'm sort of relieved with a draw, yet we could have snatched a win..
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:44:47 »

The question is what does Garner change to stop teams dictating the play in the first half at home as it happens far too often.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:47:32 »

Garner:
- Difficult game. Conditions and the way they played made it tough
- Character to get the goal but disappointed not to get the winner
- Got one penalty but should have been 3
- Should have been penalty on KKH in first half. The one against Iandolo should have been too
- Need more money to be given to train officials. Not criticising individuals, but n eed to raise standard of refereeing
- We were better in second half than first
- The way they playing in first half is difficult to maintain
- We tweaked it in the second half and were brighter. Better with the ball
- We were lucky not to have been hit on the counter in the second half.
- Created much more in the second half. Pushing f or the winner at the end
- Hoped an extra midfielder would make us more secure. But we didn't play that well
- Conditions were difficult. Lots of pushes and niggles.
- Cant make 5 or 6 fouls in a game on not get booked (Diamond on KKH)
- KKH is bruised all over his legs
- Took a lot of damage, but it wasnt clamped down on
- Character wise, the second half was fine. The first wasn't
- Disappointing goal to concede, especially as we know how they play
- Payne penalty was good. Very level headed. Great composure
- Thought Payne would get the winner at the end, but it was a great block by the defender
- Lots of players who have scored more goals this year than they have before
- JML bright when he came on. Bit of zip down that side. Had a couple of little moments.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 17:50:21 »

thanks nmh!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:05:56 »

Didn't catch why Mildenhall was booked.  Something he said to the 4th official I'm guessing.  Anyone?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:45:16 »

Walking back to the car after the game I could really appreciate that the weather conditions had a lot to say regarding miss placed passes and control which at the time looked like basic mistakes. Not the greatest game but we could have lost that and had no arguments. We are still coming to grips with what is required in this division and it shows at times.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:51:24 »

That was a strangely satisfying afternoon. First half didn’t work, but we held it to one against a good side. The 2nd was genuinely entertaining - on the front foot, and we deserved the equaliser and maybe more. Clearly some had off days (Gladwin, Reed) but there’s a lot to admire about the way we can cut through a side in the last 20 and if that’s us when we’re not firing, then we’re going to do just fine.

One very notable point for me though - Crichlow is really important to give us balance. Where Odimayo receives the ball and will, when on the left of the 3, cut back and go to Wollacott (that’s not a dig, it’s simply because he’s right footed) Crichlow presses on and left. He opens up Iandolo as an option. No coincidence that Iandolo got MOTM in Crichlow’s last game at Oldham, but has dropped off since. He needs - and we as a team need - balance at the back.

Harrogate set up well to nullify us and have some handy players, particularly in midfield. I wish we’d not have a dig a smaller sides for lower away travel. This lot were nowhere a few seasons ago, and they deserve credit for where they are now, playing good football. It’s akin to the Sunderland’s of this world calling us tinpot.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 19:07:24 by Frigby Daser » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:52:59 »

fuck the turnstiles- let us in for the 2nd half only.
was getting quite pissed off with garner saying the conditions were the reasons for the first 70. no- you did the same set up again.

garner has said previously he wont change the game plan we need to execute it better. I dont think we have the players to do this there is too much risk in the majority of the play. it is slow and lethargic- does that really tire out the opposition or is it a gift for them to take. we can wait for the right opportunity and be patient for 20 minutes and create a decent chance on goal- the opposition can press and wait for a passing error from a full back/cm and create one in an instant.

when it works its obviously beautiful but i'm seeing 45 minutes of almost nothing for the home games. 2nd halves are obviously different- the crowd turns- intensity rises, opposition drops back. we can't keep getting bailed out 2nd halves though- we were punished against bradford the same and if harrogate took their opportunites it would have all been too late.

iandolo and kkh are exremely wasteful at times. kkh was very asleep/cocky for their goal and i think the intensity factor in general build up can be an fault for that.

how many times did williams have a long ball up to him? how many final third entries did we make, attempts on goal etc.

every criticism i have is 1st half only. this team can still drive you crazy sometimes and it doesn't feel fair to say it when we are 4th in the league and having a brilliant season.

mitchell lawson deserves to start a league game soon. he has turned many a game in our favour and deserves it. i like what we are building but i wish we could try some new things to try and take the game in our favour from the off.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 18:57:57 »

I didn't see the game today so only going off trusted reviews on here but it's almost every home game where we have struggled because the opposition have pressed us  and got into our faces to which we have no plan B

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 19:05:03 »

I didn't see the game today so only going off trusted reviews on here but it's almost every home game where we have struggled because the opposition have pressed us  and got into our faces to which we have no plan B

well the problem is if we stick with the same thing every week, as garner has openly said- every opposition manager is going to set up the same. 2nd halves the tide changes in general but if they have a lead by that time there is something to hold onto
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 19:07:23 »

I agree but it's now becoming a problem

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: