Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Turnstile Issues  (Read 10192 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 23:07:09 »

I almost felt guilty beginning to draft a message about this in the MTD after such a superb result so seeing as it’s becoming an increasingly frustrating occurrence, let’s give it its own thread… call me a miserable bastard, but Reg would approve I’m sure and we are in his section  Wink

The club really need to communicate with the fans on this now - matchday staff are bearing the brunt of this with fans queuing up to have a go at stewards outside the Don Rogers earlier. I felt sorry for the poor bloke walking one of the queues.

Let’s have a proper explanation as to what is going wrong and a timeline for resolution - ‘legacy issues’ doesn’t quite cut it at this point when we had plenty of packed crowds under the previous regime with minor issues upon entry.

There’s a real risk of a scenario soon whereby we’ve got a sell out in a stand but ticketless fans are able to gain access by sharing a single screenshot on their phone - the codes haven’t worked all season for one off purchases and they were keeping a tally on paper this evening!

Without a doubt this is going to put some people (casual walk ups in particular) off returning in the short term so I’m sure some communication, via official channels rather than a paywalled adver column will go a long way.

We have some Trust bods on here I believe, who will hopefully put some polite pressure on the club.

Moan over!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 23:13:39 »

It is a huge safety issue. a screenshot and in you walk. what's more annoying is a 1 second glance by the steward and then he has to swipe the turnstile with his card. if you are going to do that just open up the big doors and let multiple staff look and let you in.

isn't this app code a relatively new thing for this season instead of cards. if so how can they blame the old regime
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 23:18:06 »

Theres definitely something broken when an 8k crowd causes major issues (although people do tend to turn up later for evening kick offs). I bought a ticket tonight at the ground; previous games Ive bought online but tonight was a bit 'last minute' (Ive always printed mine out, don't trust the phone scan and get weird messages when trying to download the file)
Anyway...
Main observations;
1 - the windows selling the tickets were marked ' Advance sales', which isnt what they are
2 - the process of buying a ticket was so sloooow. Mainly bcs the guy wanted my name and address to look me up on a database. Then selected my ticket, then took payment, then printed the ticket out. In the old days the tickets were already printed out, so they just took payment and handed you a ticket. About 5x quicker per customer.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 23:59:44 »

I got to the ground at 735 tonight and got in at 755. Not great to miss the first 10 minutes!
This has never been an issue until this season, perhaps codes on phones is running before they can walk. I ended up never even having my ticket checked they were just desperately scanning a master key card on the turnstile to get people in, as apparently the machines cannot read season tickets on phones!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 00:03:15 »

I got to the ground at 7.15. In the DRS with a pie and a pint by 7.20.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 00:05:33 by Crackity Jones » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 00:40:25 »

I went in the TE in the end, took all of 39 seconds  Smiley
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 01:06:13 »

my physical season ticket came up as expired - it isn't though
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 05:28:39 »

Has it been like that since the season started?
For a midweek game would normally be in the DRS for about 7.
Bit later last night at around 7.30 and still missed the first 7 or 8 mins.
Looked even worse for those trying to get into the Arkells.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 07:02:11 »

I have my season ticket in my Apple wallet (never did get a physical one) and after the latest iOS update, the ticket came up as expired. Didn't get to scan it last night to see if it still worked, but will potentially be an issue on Saturday.

Did just make it into the ground before kick off - not that being late would have meant missing anything!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 07:17:58 »

Mine via the iPhone came up expired, so did 2 others I was with who were using the cards.

I thought Power was dodgy, but Clem sold season tickets, then cancelled them once the half season ticket were on sale and ran off back to Australia!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 07:52:54 »

Mine via the iPhone came up expired, so did 2 others I was with who were using the cards.

I thought Power was dodgy, but Clem sold season tickets, then cancelled them once the half season ticket were on sale and ran off back to Australia!

He’ll be back next month, you can collar him then on his next walkabout.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 08:03:55 »

it was the same for my match day ticket. Bought about 4 pm and expired by 7.15.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 08:24:25 »

When entering the town end of appeared to me that they were in the process of changing the turnstiles to self scans which should be a lot easier once in operation, like everyone else last night was scanned in by a steward with a master card.  Did feel sorry for Don Rogers ticket holders, virtually queued back to the magic roundabout ten minutes before kick off.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 08:32:07 »

Must have been lucky because I got a Bradford programme with last nights 👍 was queuing at about 7.15 halfway across the fairly firm ground behind the DR. Got a quick beer just before the 7.30 bar closure. What troubles me and in fairness I didn’t see the entry carnage behind me is the queuing process when that piece of ground becomes a bog, as it will.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:03:09 »

My ST wasnt scanned for the TE, just flagged me in on inspection saying the machines needed to be caliberated.

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: