McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Simpson - 9 (14.5%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Lyden - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Hartlepool U MoM  (Read 2421 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 09:49:18 »

I thought Jonny Williams had his best game for us. It is very rate and quite strange for me to agree with the sponsors man of the match!! I also thought Simpson was excellent last night as well, held the ball up well, was strong and bullied their defence especially in the second half. Well deserved goal and very unlucky not to have 2 with a superb save from the Hartlepool keeper.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:01:29 »

Another word for Odimayo as well. He seems to be getting better and better. Goes about his business quietly but effectively. He sticks out less than the other Centre backs as he doesn't try the hollywood passes and keeps things simple. That said he has good pace and is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back. One lovely piece of skill on the byline in the second half that saw him past his player shows he has ability.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:22:06 »

Another vote for Williams here.

I also thought Simpson grew into the game and did brilliantly to muscle through for the goal. Looks to be coming back a bit to look for the ball to feet now, and his hold up play is improving. One thing though, I swear he ducked a cross to the back post in the first half!

Yes, I saw that. He really doesn't like a header does he.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:26:53 »

Yes, I saw that. He really doesn't like a header does he.
Yeah and thats by no means the first time he has done it, hes a fucking huge lump and I am sure with some specific training it would be easy enough to improve, I thought he was excellent again yesterday though, his hold up play and strength was brilliant at times.

He bullied the ball in the net for the goal and he seems to be very fit too as he gets better as defenders tire late in games. I would say most of his goals have come in the last 20 mins of games where he is still full of running against knackered (and often much older) centre backs, look at Oldham away for instance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:57:22 »

My footy app gave Simpson M of M.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: