Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25644 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:03:59 »

Watched on iFollow it was definately a hand by the keeper.

It was the first time I've noticed Simpson feigning to move behind his marker and then attacking the near post to meet the cross. Maybe his earlier goal gave him the confidence to try it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:07:36 »

It was the first time I've noticed Simpson feigning to move behind his marker and then attacking the near post to meet the cross. Maybe his earlier goal gave him the confidence to try it.

I think Simpson's movement has definitely improved. Although I am not sure about his necessity to drop so deep at times to get involved in the play, I wonder if Garner has asked him to do this. A couple of times yesterday he dropped so deep he was half way inside our own half, like Harry Kane does for England.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:07:49 »

I think its the first time I can remember that Simpson attacked the near post for a cross too, he stays nearer the far post or around the penalty spot usually.

That was proper striker instinct, Doyle used to do that all the time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:47:43 »

Yes, he loves a pre-match pint at the glue pot. Very well spoken gent who works (or worked) at the opera or ballet or something. Sounds like you had a rare treat last night Bob!

Jacko's a great character, who has a good word for everyone. I hope he's still drunk in charge of a mobility scooter. John Ward is head of fundraising for Welsh National Opera I think. Quite a contrasting double-act with Jacko.

Makes me very envious. The Glue Pot is always my first port of call on a (rare) matchday.

Does Bob Burns still turn up regularly?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 15:54:24 »

Ah, I know who Jacko is then. Is John the fella with long grey hair?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:16:42 »

Jacko's a great character, who has a good word for everyone. I hope he's still drunk in charge of a mobility scooter. John Ward is head of fundraising for Welsh National Opera I think. Quite a contrasting double-act with Jacko.

Makes me very envious. The Glue Pot is always my first port of call on a (rare) matchday.

Does Bob Burns still turn up regularly?

I don't think he goes as much as he used to although I haven't seen him in ages due to Covid and me moving away from London and thus going to less games. I do know that he goes to watch Clapton F.C quite a lot and still likes his away trips north. I believe he is going to the Orient, Walsall and Barrow away games coming up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:21:05 »

Ah, I know who Jacko is then. Is John the fella with long grey hair?

I don't think so, it's usually quite shortish and neat from memory (which is hazy at best) but I haven't seen him in years so not 100% sure.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:28:29 »

After some googling, yes, it was John Ward.
Former chairman of the Trust, stood down in 2013.
Well I never, that and being in the same room as 4D all in one evening.

Thats ok, you will be just someone else who he doesnt buy a drink for.....he only breathes in.

I was there too last night (in the hat)......parched..

Clems Army!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 16:34:41 »

I don't think he goes as much as he used to although I haven't seen him in ages due to Covid and me moving away from London and thus going to less games. I do know that he goes to watch Clapton F.C quite a lot and still likes his away trips north. I believe he is going to the Orient, Walsall and Barrow away games coming up.

Thanks. Hoping to get to Walsall or Orient so will drop him a line.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 17:06:22 »

As many will know i have rated Simpson all season. The runs he makes he has been doing most of the season it's just now he is being found out by the crosses. Funnily enough, both of Paynes last 2 goals you can see his runs not being picked out

His hold up pay was superb and much better last night i thought
Crackity Jones

« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 17:22:45 »

Simpson is on course for 20 goals plus which will be outstanding for a first season
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 18:52:37 »

I don't profess to be an expert but I have consistently opined that Simpson will go on to have a successful footballing career.

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 19:35:38 »

Iv seen the club have put 'The swindon way' goal on twitter showing Williams header. 23 passes etc in the build. 3 seconds into that clip there are shouts to go forward and massive groans half way through as a pass went backwards 🤣

I have to bite my lip sometimes, even last night at 2-1 with 10 minutes to go people were shouting forward. we don't need to attack every minute ffs. get it in the corner flag and run the clock down if needed. nothing wrong with game management and we do it away from home superbly
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 19:39:36 »

Iv seen the club have put 'The swindon way' goal on twitter showing Williams header. 23 passes etc in the build. 3 seconds into that clip there are shouts to go forward and massive groans half way through as a pass went backwards 🤣

I have to bite my lip sometimes, even last night at 2-1 with 10 minutes to go people were shouting forward. we don't need to attack every minute ffs. get it in the corner flag and run the clock down if needed. nothing wrong with game management and we do it away from home superbly

I’ve gone off the corner flag routine since Brighton away in the play offs 2004. Attack is the best form of defence! We do seem to be quite good at game management, keeping possession and frustrating the opposition but nothing eases the nerves like an extra goal.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 20:01:40 »

Not a coincidence those sat around you shouting ‘forward’ at every opportunity aren’t in football management is it?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: