Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26033 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 07:35:02 »

Piece of piss. 4-1
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 08:09:30 »

2-0 to the Town, gotta break this home voodo if we're aiming for league one.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:01:33 »

The first of the H teams at home this week, think I'll pop along to this. Win or draw and we move third. The poolies have lost 3 league games on the bounce.
Turn up people and get your mates along, we need to keep the home attendance up and hopefully the tide will turn on our home form.

Swindon 2-1 Hartlepool att: 8,163 (185 away)

I'm going to amend my gate guess, I think it'll be the lowest so far this season which is a shame.

Att: 7,331 (185 away)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:05:47 »

Thinking I might make the 2hr  trip up for this. The upturn in home form starts tonight. Williams in for Gladwin (for the first 70 mins) and McKirdy in for Gilbert. Coyr.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:11:01 »

Am I right in thinking there are still no pay on the gate games and it's all done online now? I've got a ticket already and find online easier but surely we must be losing out on some walk ups?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:16:14 »

Another home defeat. 1-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 10:26:12 »

We've got one of the worst home records in the division, nothing's going to change in the way we play. I think we should be aiming for 2 points from the next 2 games.
Home form to have an effect on attendance. Clems goodwill dissipating
Score 2 all, 7,450 crowd.
on the upside, no long ques to get in.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 10:34:04 »

Please don't be shite at home for once, please.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 10:51:32 »

Obviously being on a Tuesday, Champions League night, plus our awful home form, will make this our lowest league attendance of the season so far, but I have a feeling we'll win this one (bloody better as it's going to be logistical nightmare for me to get to the game!).

We have the talent in the squad, so it's down to BG to find a winning formation at home.

2-1 win
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 10:53:35 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 11:06:43 »

We are rock bottom of the L2 home table with just 1 win from 7 games and a total of 6 points from a possible 21, scoring just 6 goals (2nd lowest total in L2) and conceding just 9 (7th lowest in L2).

Hartlepool are 3rd bottom in L2 away table with 1 win and 1 draw and 6 defeats (highest in L2) from their 8 games so far, scoring 5 (the 2nd lowest away goals total in L2) and conceding 15 (4th highest in L2).

They have lost their last 3 consecutive L2 games but have sandwiched that with 2 wins and a draw in the cup games, their last away game was a win at L1 Wycombe, currently 4th in L1, winning 1-0 with a 1st half goal from 5 goal experienced striker and leading scorer Mark Cullen.

Their highest defeat so far was a 5-0 thrashing at Orient but other than that nobody has won by more than 2 clear goals.

It will be a very tough game with our appalling form at home, something they are fully aware of after reading comments from their temporary boss Anthony Sweeney, they suffered a fan backlash after crumbling to a 3-1 home defeat from FGR on Saturday with fans calling the performance "unaccepable", "terrible" and "horrendous". Defender right back and so far ever present Jamie Sterry was red carded so wont be available against us.

I expect the players to react to that bollocking with a better all round performance against us unfortunately as their search for a new manager speeds up with ex Leeds coach and Chelsea scout 36 year old Ross Turnbull as favourite despite him never having managed before at any level.

A surprise name linked is Fabrizio Ravanelli the ex Middlesborough player who fancies a go at managing, he has had 2 jobs so far in France and Ukraine but has won the massive total of just 2 games from a combined 25 matches and losing 15 of those!

Other names linked are current Halifax boss Pete Wild, Bromley boss Andy Woodman and the inevitable Mike Flynn.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 11:28:15 »

Whilst our home form reads as terrible which it is, there have been some good performances which deserved better results. That first goal is crucial.

We have the team to do it and when the first goal comes in the set up will switch to a home game for the opposition. the sooner we end this stigma the better as we should be winning these games hands down and the longer it goes on it becomes a 'thing'
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 11:54:34 »

BG said after the Newport away game on the radio interview something along the lines of the team have a good rapport with our away support. Can't remember the exact words used but it was something like that. Is there a lack of rapport with the home support? Not quite sure what to make if it.  Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 12:09:06 »

Quote from: 4D
BG said after the Newport away game on the radio interview something along the lines of the team have a good rapport with our away support. Can't remember the exact words used but it was something like that. Is there a lack of rapport with the home support? Not quite sure what to make if it.  Huh?

he did 1
you are probably reading too much into it.

in any case, it's not like the home fans have been on their backs
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 12:23:37 »

I took it as though the away fans get vocal and that spurs the team on. Be nice to get a bit of volume (in a good way) tonight.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 12:25:29 »

It's easy to have a good rapport with the fans when you're winning all the time!

The away form has kept the 'home' fans off the player's backs up to now I'd say, just some boos and grumbles at half time/end of the Bradford game.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: