Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow Away  (Read 41316 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 15:44:19 »

A turnout approaching 500 for a place that is not the easiest to get to and in December would be excellent.

TBF its not actually that hard to get to by train and the ground is very close to the station, its not like sodding Salford which is either a bus or a bloody expedition to get to from the station.

As noted before I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell out what with it being a new ground for the 92'ers, plus the lakes to lure other halves with, equally its a direct train ride from Manchester so scope to combine with some Christmas shopping and the Winter Markets (where alas I will be!).

If anyone wants to camp in the garden drop me a line!

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:11:02 »

TBF its not actually that hard to get to by train and the ground is very close to the station, its not like sodding Salford which is either a bus or a bloody expedition to get to from the station.

As noted before I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell out what with it being a new ground for the 92'ers, plus the lakes to lure other halves with, equally its a direct train ride from Manchester so scope to combine with some Christmas shopping and the Winter Markets (where alas I will be!).

True, a longer train journey and a short walk to the ground is preferable to messing around with buses plus a longish walk.
Train to Barrow is about 6.5hrs from Swindon with two or three changes & generally via Manchester.

How close are Workington from getting back into the EFL.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:24:39 »

True, a longer train journey and a short walk to the ground is preferable to messing around with buses plus a longish walk.
Train to Barrow is about 6.5hrs from Swindon with two or three changes & generally via Manchester.

About as close as Barrow is to Swindon I think! Northern Prem Div 1 so (I think) 3 below the National League), Christ on looking I didn't realise they were in the same league as Kendal Town!

We had the Carlisle-Barrow Cumbrian Derby up here the other week, first times in years, Northern Rail put on a proper Footex as well which wasn't dry!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:39:31 »

5 -10 minute walk at most from station.
Train from Lancaster to Barrow
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:40:41 »

Pre booked tickets for us.
Banbury to Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton to Lancaster
Lancaster to Barrow
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:45:30 »

Train from Lancaster to Barrow

Enjoy that, its like the deliverance express (I use it regularly from the station in the village) albeit you will at least be going the right way each time.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:45:46 »

About as close as Barrow is to Swindon I think! Northern Prem Div 1 so (I think) 3 below the National League), Christ on looking I didn't realise they were in the same league as Kendal Town!

We had the Carlisle-Barrow Cumbrian Derby up here the other week, first times in years, Northern Rail put on a proper Footex as well which wasn't dry!

1400 Barrow I hear.
Cumbrian Derby. Can be a little frosty at Carlisle.
Mind you for Northern lower league games Hartlepool v Darlington the worst.
That is simply hell on.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 16:47:11 »

Enjoy that, its like the deliverance express (I use it regularly from the station in the village) albeit you will at least be going the right way each time.

Train journey from Lancaster to Carlisle is always a stunner from the window view.
Lovely scenery with snow on the hills.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 17:06:13 »

Pre booked tickets for us.
Banbury to Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton to Lancaster
Lancaster to Barrow
Out of interest, what’s the price?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 19:03:32 »

Just under £120 for the 3 of us.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 19:05:45 »

That's a bargain is that with any discount

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 19:34:01 »

About £138 for a return for me.
That's from Swindon.
Not sure how that would compare with driving up.
Letting the train take the strain would always be the preference, for obvious reasons.  Smiley
Having said that, looking forward to the drive down to Exeter, if a ticket can be secured that is.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 19:54:19 »

Just think how it will be after HS2 . . .

Oh, hang on
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 20:17:00 »

That's a bargain is that with any discount

That’s playing 3 separate train lines and using 2 railcards.
Family and Student.
Golden rule never buy tickets through one train line.
Even with this have all my seats booked.👍
Miss a connection though on way home and we are doomed ☠️
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 20:26:34 »

I did wonder how you got 3 tickets for that price but purchasing is part of your daly life😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: