Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread - FAC Rd 1  (Read 42040 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 16:02:14 »

Not sure why Iandalo's goal was disallowed ,on the radio they said he was off the pitch and came back
and was offside I have frozen the video and he was was not completely  off the pitch ,he had his foot on the line and  Crewe had players on the goal line

Sounds like another goal robbed just like at oldham when payne had kept the ball in
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 16:57:09 »

Our 3rd FA cup 1st round victory in the last 5 years not as bad as some think. 2nd round victory is the key..hope we get our 1st 2nd round victory in 100000 years...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 17:39:19 »

Vegans gone from 1-0 up to 2-1 down at St Albans ,  Don’t you just love the FAC.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 17:42:16 »

Hope we get a non league club in tomorrow nights draw.

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 17:54:58 »

Hope we get a non league club in tomorrow nights draw.
But not at home !!.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 17:56:49 »

Maybe not😀

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #321 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 18:16:03 »

Big draw for us, this. A good cup run could work wonders
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 18:43:44 »

Come on St Albans hold on now!

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 18:45:19 »

Come on St Albans hold on now!
Forest Gump now 3-2 down with ten minutes to go.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 19:25:08 »

What a nice little team St Albans are and fair play to them. I thought FGR were very lack lustre second half.
Yeovil away would be a good draw plus they would give us a lot of tickets.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 7, 2021, 19:31:15 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, November 8, 2021, 09:38:33 »

What a refreshing result.

Please, lets get through the next round and a big away day on the piss at some Premier League giant.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, November 8, 2021, 09:49:14 »

Haven't read back yet so will provide my thoughts from Saturday.

Good drive up to Crewe with China Red and his daughter. Parked up at the Mornflake Oats stadium and arrived in time for the team coach to arrive. Having an 8 year old girl allowed an excuse to go and see the players off the coach and a picture of her with Dion and Frenchie. (after his early injury we were thinking that could have been a bad omen!) We enjoyed a nice pint before the game in the Railwayman club by the away end which because of the poor home attendance was a doddle to get a drink!

As for the game, I thought we were excellent for the first 30 minutes and had total control over Crewe, even bearing in mind Baudry went off injured and we had to play Rob Hunt at CB. Our goal was a sizzler of a strike from Reed after intelligent play by Williams and Ellis. The last 15 minutes of the half I thought we got sloppy, but Crewe never really looked that dangerous. Second half Crewe started better but we scored just at the right time, brilliant interplay between McKirdy and Simpson and a pearler of a finish for his 7th of the season, in off the post. After that it was really a case of how many we would score. Crewe for all their nice passing and the busy Lowery in midfield trying to get things moving just never looked dangerous. We looked fitter and faster and would win the ball back time after time. The energetic and enigmatic Mckirdy nipping back into defence to pinch the ball and then sprinting forwards to join in a counter attack. This side has a hard work ethic in abundance. Reed then got another free kick opportunity, an earlier one was arrowing into the goal only to clip the top of the wall. This one nestled into the net, dipping wildly giving the static keeper no chance.

3-0 probably flattered Crewe, they were neat and tidy at times but lacked anything in the final third, not even sure Jojo had a save to make. We were excellent to a man, you wouldn't know Rob Hunt was playing out of position at CB. The busy midfield of Williams, Reeds and Payne ran the show and McKirdy and Simpson looked dangerous up front. Ellis and KKH immense at Wing back again. My only real negative was Jojo's distribution at times was sloppy. He gave Crewe the ball in dangerous positions a few times, luckily we were not punished. The way we play is always going to give teams chances so hopefully he can cut out gifting the ball to the opponents as much!

Anyway, we are into round 2. Happy days!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, November 8, 2021, 10:05:58 »

Great day out and for once I was optimistic prior to a cup game. Really good vocal away support throughout. I’m nursing the odd bruise from the pandemonium when the first went in. Wobbly Bob and I were among the many who ended up on the deck. Really hope we can put a run together in the cup this year as it’s well overdue. Garner is putting together a side who are well organised and dangerous. I fully expect the home form to click soon. Hopefully everyone at home can get behind the team as they do away from home and boost them rather than heap on the pressure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #328 on: Monday, November 8, 2021, 10:13:20 »

I know Crewe are pretty shit at the moment but to have barely 1,300 home supporters through the gates for the great FA cup let alone even the Mickey Mouse cup is an absolute embarressment for them. Well done to the 650+ Town fans that made the trip, could hear you all loud and proud on the radio.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, November 8, 2021, 11:15:45 »

Does anyone know what exactly is going wrong at Crewe? Is there anything quite as obvious as our Lee Power debacle? Or is it just a case of things not working, wrong signings, poor management etc?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: