Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread - FAC Rd 1  (Read 41557 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 17:52:06 »

McKirdy isn’t suspended for this, the ban is for a league game.
Could be a good thing then, give Simpson a rest
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 18:27:31 »

Crewe is a decent away trip. Good connection routes via train, station close to the ground, few pubs between station and ground, relatively friendly locals, Fairly traditional stadium. What's not to like?

i have been to Crewe the last 3 times. I could find quite a few things but mainly the results. I am not going Saturday which helps but I do genuinely believe we will win this one
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 18:35:50 »

all these years and I didn't realise it was an EFL specific suspension...

ffs

edit, ah, changed in 2019.. must have dozed off
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 18:40:16 »

Be interesting to see if Grant plays on Saturday as there's a good chance he will be called up the following week for Jamaica. Really starting to think we are better of rid in January No
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 18:54:22 »

Be interesting to see if Grant plays on Saturday as there's a good chance he will be called up the following week for Jamaica. Really starting to think we are better of rid in January No
I think he still has a lot to offer, but if Garner has thrown him under the bus (rightly, wrongly, who knows) it's better for everyone for him to go.

hope it frees up the wage for a second striker (everyone, let's not do the Simpson thing again).

That said, the same is currently true of lyden.

I think they are both players that can offer us an alternative to how we play, be sad too see them go
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 19:08:36 »

Imagine him going to a rival L2 club and having to play against him later in the season - no thanks.

If we go up then let him go at the end of the season. We’re light on CBs so he’s always good cover there, too.

Lyden is such a good player, but . . .
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 19:41:10 »

It was quite annoying reading comments from Port Vale and Bradford fans recently saying how confident they were of beating us at home. And even more annoying when they were proved right!

Having said that, I really am confident of going to Crewe and getting a win. We really could do with getting through to the 3rd round and getting drawn against a PL Club. Would obviously be a huge financial boost and a fitting reward to Clem for the huge commitment he's shown to the Club.

I suggested a while ago that the Grant situation was frankly a bit of a joke. I don't know about letting him go in January but if I was in 'The Bens' situation I certainly wouldn't extend him beyond this season (assuming his contract is up at the end of the season).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 19:56:22 »

Same with Lyden who gets injured too often for a 25 year old

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 20:03:03 »

I feel for the club a bit with Grant as where he is a bit of a gero to most i think sometimes our thoughts are a bit clouded on him. I don't think the management think its tight to play him maybe once or twice then him piss off for 2 weeks. No one fault really just a situation that is probably running its course the best way it can
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 20:40:11 »

According to Rob Angus he is suspended
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 20:43:27 »

Hodgetts said the same on Saturday and can't imagine he's ever wrong😀

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 21:38:55 »

According to Rob Angus he is suspended

According to Harry McKirdy he isn’t.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 21:43:32 »

Do yellow and red cards affect players across all competitions?

New rules have been brought in this season which mean changes across many areas including the yellow and red card system.

In the past, yellow cards picked up in the Premier League, football leagues, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be added up together.

This meant that five yellow cards across all competitions would result in a player missing one match - in whichever competition they should have been playing in next.

However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.

Red cards will continue to count across all competitions.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 22:03:42 »

off topic but he was discussed. I like grant, he is a good servant to the club. but i can't see a place for him in this side at the moment so i don't understand the huge clamour for it to happen.

I dont think he should start and i have agreed with the subs in recent games. There will always be a debate for him in home games when results are not in our favour but having grant playing wont effect those games imo
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 06:58:20 »

Calling out for Grant in home games, especially if we play attacking wing backs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: