Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread - FAC Rd 1  (Read 41841 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 09:10:53 »

East looked decent enough in his cameo on Saturday. Not sure what his defensive/tackling attributed are like mind you. Is Lyden crocked again?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 09:22:07 »

I thought Lyden was injury free.
===
I assume that this isn't on BBC red button/ifollow..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 09:39:07 »

Crewe is a decent away trip. Good connection routes via train, station close to the ground, few pubs between station and ground, relatively friendly locals, Fairly traditional stadium. What's not to like?

The railway works derby....

Would be tempted on Saturday but have been away a lot at weekends recently (and again later this month) so its family time for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:11:02 »

East looked decent enough in his cameo on Saturday. Not sure what his defensive/tackling attributed are like mind you. Is Lyden crocked again?
East looked OK when he played vs Plymouth a couple of weeks back and Arsenal before then, not outstanding but certainly could do a job, I would still like to see Grant being given game time but I fear he will be off in January.

Pretty sure last week Garner said Lydens fitness was being "monitored" and wasn't considered fit enough just yet to play 90 mins in game.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 3,341 fans with 815 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:12:52 »

East looked OK when he played vs Plymouth a couple of weeks back and Arsenal before then, not outstanding but certainly could do a job, I would still like to see Grant being given game time but I fear he will be off in January.

Pretty sure last week Garner said Lydens fitness was being "monitored" and wasn't considered fit enough just yet to play 90 mins in game.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 4,141 fans with 815 Town fans there.

I guess Lyden needs a proper pre-season to really get going again. He'll probably only be in and out of sides briefly this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:17:19 »

I guess Lyden needs a proper pre-season to really get going again. He'll probably only be in and out of sides briefly this season.
Absolutely, there is no doubt in his talent just that he seems to be made of balsa wood, he looked pretty good at Plymouth for the first 65 mins but we havent seen him since.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:34:31 »

Absolutely, there is no doubt in his talent just that he seems to be made of balsa wood, he looked pretty good at Plymouth for the first 65 mins but we havent seen him since.

I would imagine if he wasn't made of balsa wood he would be playing at a higher level?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:37:40 »

I would imagine if he wasn't made of balsa wood he would be playing at a higher level?
Indeed he would, as he was until they discovered his achilles heel and released him from Villa.

tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 10:59:36 »

I remember when we signed him an Oldham supporter mate of mine said he was absolute class, but couldn't play more than 10 games or so a season.

Said he was the only player he'd ever seen injure himself having a shot with no one challenging him.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 13:21:03 »

Re Mckirdy's suspension.  I undertood that the ban did not follow on to the FA cup because it is an FA comp not EFL comp (league cup) but surely it would apply to the JPT cup then as that is an EFL competition is it not?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 13:23:40 »

Re Mckirdy's suspension.  I undertood that the ban did not follow on to the FA cup because it is an FA comp not EFL comp (league cup) but surely it would apply to the JPT cup then as that is an EFL competition is it not?

I think the Pizza cup descipline only applies to the pizza cup games. You can get sent off in one and are only suspended in that competition.

The FAs suspension website is a mess too

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline

Only working on miobile for me, says McKird is suspended 30-10-2021 to 13-11-2021. Suspension type "FA First Team"

"This list excludes Competition Specific Suspensions and Cautions"

Clear as mud
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 13:30:39 by Batch » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 14:21:18 »

My reading of the table in the link under "Useful Resources" here is that he will be available for Saturday:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 14:31:14 »

that's very useful, and read it as you and most other people - ok for Saturday, ban only applies to League game
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 14:40:21 »

They had to keep it simple so that players might understand it.  Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 14:40:55 »

Not like the FA/EFL/Any other football sporting body to not have it's shit together..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: