Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham tickets  (Read 8265 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 06:27:27 »

Are these actually on sale yet?

When I go on line, you can select that game to buy tickets but when you do that, it just says, "no seats available matching your criteria"....is this is computer glitchy, clear your cache, log in/log out kind of thing or are they just not on sale yet? I would have thought they would be. Anyone know?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 07:02:29 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/oldham-athletic-ticket-details/?fbclid=IwAR0bpBjkCOTaqvMJz6ZlqqwK7q0YNu-QIlRXlkGyvf5osNaXyQ6QVQJ7w6M
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 07:12:05 »

Are these actually on sale yet?

When I go on line, you can select that game to buy tickets but when you do that, it just says, "no seats available matching your criteria"....is this is computer glitchy, clear your cache, log in/log out kind of thing or are they just not on sale yet? I would have thought they would be. Anyone know?

Yes they are.
You need to log onto the website and log onto the ticket page.
Select the number of tickets with the drop down box then add to basket etc.

10am this morning for non season ticket holders.
Plenty to go around 👍
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:41:22 »

Thanks mate, I was trying first thing this morning so they obviously weren't on sale to us plebs at that point😉... Will have another go lunch time. Hopefully see you there👍
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 12:15:21 »

Thanks mate, I was trying first thing this morning so they obviously weren't on sale to us plebs at that point😉... Will have another go lunch time. Hopefully see you there👍

Hope so mate and driving to this one.

Took a massive punt last night and booked the trains to Barrow in December.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 12:19:49 »

Good luck with that 👍😉... The Land That Time Forgot 😂
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 10:58:50 »

curious about this trip.
when i look at google, it says it is about a 4.5hr drive and 4.5hr train ride.
how much does the train cost to take on a trip like this?  is the train somewhat comfortable? does it have things like plug-ins for computers and things?  Any sort of food car?
would a trip like this be an over-night event for most people or do you ride the train back after the game?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:08:59 »

curious about this trip.
how much does the train cost to take on a trip like this?  is the train somewhat comfortable? does it have things like plug-ins for computers and things?  Any sort of food car?
would a trip like this be an over-night event for most people or do you ride the train back after the game?
For the train Swindon to Manchester if not bought way in advance and with no railcards will cost about £150 for a return trip to Manchester then you have to go on local trams to get to Oldham as it doesnt have a railway station any more for another £5 return approx.

If booked way in advance it can be a fair bit cheaper (up to 50%) but then you run the risk of not getting a ticket if its limited.

The trains are fairly good and all have plugs for charging now, several have on board catering but many just have a drinks and snacks trolley now since covid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:23:12 »

I don't think I'd want to stay overnight in Oldham  Cheesy
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:33:55 »

I went on a pub crawl through Oldham after we won there with 10 men in 2003. It was, interesting.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:34:59 »

I went on a pub crawl through Oldham after we won there with 10 men in 2003. It was, interesting.
Do you mean we won the game with 10 men or you went on a pub crawl with 10 men? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:38:01 »

Do you mean we won the game with 10 men or you went on a pub crawl with 10 men? Cheesy

Haha, yeah. Matt Heywood got uninvited for a beer after he got sent off.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:49:52 »

curious about this trip.

I think you are referring to the trip to Barrow which is indeed a 4 hour journey.
All about buying tickets early, planning tickets from different rail operators and playing the system with railcards.
If you don’t do this the cost is unreal.

3 long rail journeys for me and my 2 lads this year.
Barrow, Carlisle and Hartlepool.
The rest some long trips in the car, Exeter, Tranmere and Harrogate.
Still a 120 mile round trip to each home game which is a pain but all part of the deal unfortunately.

Back to Barrow travelling with 3 train operators:
Banbury to Wolverhampton - Cross Country
Wolverhampton to Lancaster - Avanti West Coast
Lancaster to Barrow - Northern Line

Cost was £240 but got it down to £110

It’s a very long day but clearly the advantage by train is a few beers and quality time to relax.
Disadvantage it only takes one problem and you can get stranded for the night in a Northern outpost.

I’ve thumbed lifts and jumped on Mail trains over the years - Goes with the territory.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:55:06 »

Tried doing a pub crawl with a few mates down Manchester Road, Oldham,  absolutely impossible, seemed like every other building was a pub.   Wilson's mild was the 'then' drink.   Pint Pint

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:02:47 »

I think you are referring to the trip to Barrow which is indeed a 4 hour journey.
All about buying tickets early, planning tickets from different rail operators and playing the system with railcards.
If you don’t do this the cost is unreal.

3 long rail journeys for me and my 2 lads this year.
Barrow, Carlisle and Hartlepool.
The rest some long trips in the car, Exeter, Tranmere and Harrogate.
Still a 120 mile round trip to each home game which is a pain but all part of the deal unfortunately.

Back to Barrow travelling with 3 train operators:
Banbury to Wolverhampton - Cross Country
Wolverhampton to Lancaster - Avanti West Coast
Lancaster to Barrow - Northern Line

Cost was £240 but got it down to £110

It’s a very long day but clearly the advantage by train is a few beers and quality time to relax.
Disadvantage it only takes one problem and you can get stranded for the night in a Northern outpost.

I’ve thumbed lifts and jumped on Mail trains over the years - Goes with the territory.

Don't be expecting to relax on the Lancaster - Barrow bit albeit you will be going the right way each time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: