Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33165 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:48:29 »

I prefer bacon baps without sauce these days. No idea why.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:57:07 »

I prefer bacon baps without sauce these days. No idea why.

Surely incredibly dry?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:00:13 »

I'm a bit confused by the Iandolo criticism by people on here. Think he's solid, a threat going forwards and growing into the position more and more.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:11:06 »

I feel he is our weak link in the team, unfortunately. Not a criticism but the fact is he has not had one assist has he this season? He has been in so many dangerous positions that that is just not good enough for me personally
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:26:08 »

I feel he is our weak link in the team, unfortunately. Not a criticism but the fact is he has not had one assist has he this season? He has been in so many dangerous positions that that is just not good enough for me personally
100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:31:54 »

I think when we're at home and need to break down defensive teams, we need our best attacking full backs, which in my opinion is KKH on the right and Iandolo on the left. Three at the back and a defensive midfielder should be enough to defend against counter attacks, especially if the full back not involved in the attack hangs back for additional cover. We then have Hunt on the bench who is better defensively and can cover either side, either through injury or if one of the 'attacking' full backs is having a difficult time against a particular winger !
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:33:20 »

Interested to gauge opinions on team selection for this one.

Does BG stick with the winning team from Tuesday?

Maybe KKH for Hunt or even Iandolo, switching Hunt to LWB.

Williams to start or recall Gladwin to starting line up, having said post match it was simply rotation. Or Gladwin for Payne to accommodate both Gladwin and Williams?

Up front can't see any change from Simpson and McKirdy.

Hoping Conroy is fit, having said that Baudry was excellent for the last 30 mins at Sutton, after a shaky spell either side of half time.

Watched highlights of Bradford's game with Hartlepool. They looked weak defensively, particularly from attacking positions out wide. Possibly a reason to start KKH on right and Iandolo on left, to get more crosses in.

2-0 win, scorers Simpson and McKirdy, with 9k in attendance.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 11:16:18 »

I'm a bit confused by the Iandolo criticism by people on here. Think he's solid, a threat going forwards and growing into the position more and more.
100%
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 11:21:39 »

Bradford are not doing very well for such a big club at this level, reading their forum they have booed the team off at home several times already this season, they lost 3-1 at home on Tuesday against an improving Hartlepool team.

They are very average this season sitting in 12th place with 4 wins 5 draws and 4 defeats scoring 17 and conceding 16 so far. Last 6 results in all comps is LLWDDL. Our last 6 in all comps is DWWWDW.

Bradford have just 1 win in the last 9 games.

Just sat through the highlights of their last 5 games and they obviously have a speed issue at the back, Songo'o looks a real weak link, slow and not great tackling he could be ideal for Simpson to press with a bit of pace that he has got, all Songo'o has going for him is size and strength, he looks slow and cumbersome and has scored 3 OG's in the last 5 games.

They are another team who seem to put the most pressure on from set pieces and Ridehalgh seems to be a shadow when we had him and their keeper O'Donnell has commited a fair few errors as well that resulted in goals.

Even Pitman scored against them and Kovar kept a clean sheet in that run of 5 games!

A very young Man Utd U21 team tore them apart by passing the ball around the way we do.

Lets just not get complacent at home and batter a team as we have threatened to do many times so far but never quite got there, yet.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 13:18:13 »

1-1

Att: 9,123

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 13:19:58 »

I didn't criticise Iandolo, I just think that KKH and Hunt are better all round players.  I quite like Iandolo as a player, much more than I used to, I just don't really know what he is - i think his stint at CB changed my view on him.  I think he has matured quite a bit but, I do think his final ball has disappeared.  He used to get down the byeline and put decent crosses in, he doesn't seem to do that anymore, he seems to run into trouble or pass sideways.  You can say the same about Hunt, however Hunt is stronger defensively, therefore I think Iandolo is the weaker player out of our 3/4 options at WB/FB.

I think he is a victim of his versatility.  And I agree with Shrivvy, out of our first team squad - i think he is our weakest link, possibly because of that versatility.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 13:29:33 »

I didn't criticise Iandolo, I just think that KKH and Hunt are better all round players.  
I don't think anyone has said Iandolo is shit, just that in a good team he would be singled out as the weakest player in the team currently and an area that IMO could be improved upon.

I don't hate or dislike any of our current squad since Curran left, I just think Iandolo has developed as far as he can after 100 first team games in 7 years, I think this is the highest level he will probably play at regularly. Last season at CB and when he has played in a defensive role in midfield he did quite well, but he struggles defensively when asked to play left back.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 13:48:02 »

For reference KKH has one assist (last week against Rochdale) and Hunt hasn't got any. Are they good enough then? We've got 3 decent full backs who all have their particular strengths and I can't understand why Iandolo is supposedly the weak link...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 14:55:46 »

Why is it hard to believe some people would think one of the eleven players is not as good as another of the eleven players?

Is Iandolo the best defensive left back we have - I'd argue not, it is not a FACT! though, my opinion.
Is Iandolo, currently, a bit worse with his final ball than a few seasons ago - I'd argue yes
Is Iandolo getting himself into good attacking positions - I'd argue yes

Why is it controversial to use a football forum to provide opinions on the playing abilities of our players?

Is Iandolo better than Brophy, BOO, Barry et al, the vast majority would agree that he is.

Has Baudry been a bit ropey in the past season, hell yes, did he play well in the last game, he certainly did by most accounts including mine.

Iandolo is a player I want to do well, I have an opinion that left back or wing back is not helping him develop to his full potential.  I also think Hunt is much better at right back, but, I think he is more reliable in defence than Iandolo at left back which is the first attribute that position needs.  Hunt gets forward far less than Iandolo, but KKH has more forward potential than both, so you can offset.  Garner is hardly going to read this forum to pick his team, so it doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.  People get very touchy.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 14:57:48 »

I can pick holes in Payne if you'd like?  It doesn't mean I think he is shit, I think is a very good player.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: