Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33732 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:25:20 »

Does STFC ever play a 3-5-2?  have another attacker on the top. put McKirdy up there with simpson?  Or another way of looking at it as a 3-4-1-2....having the outsides wingbacks for defense and attack.  then the central 2 in a diamond with the "1" attacking Midfielder that then turns into a diamond as well with the 2 strikers.   
seems like to me Bradford's defense is shit so attack quick and get a few goals in.

It’s not a million miles away from how we have lined up the last few games.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:26:27 »

Was that Baudrys approach against Sutton? It might slightly change the approach play tomorrow then.

Thought he played it quite safe by his standards on Tuesday although the iFollowers would have had a much better take on that.
He doesn't have the range of passing that Conroy has so it's down to the midfield to provide the options.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #62 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:28:06 »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Grant come in for Baudry tomorrow and us go for a 4-2-3-1.

……………....Wollacott
KKH…Odimayo…Crichlow…Hunt
…………….Grant…Reed
…….Payne….McKirdy….Williams
……………….Simpson
For me that looks a good line up, Garner seems to prefer 3 centre back even if 1 is Baudry, who on Tuesday TBF played ok, other than the handball for the penalty.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:45:29 »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Grant come in for Baudry tomorrow and us go for a 4-2-3-1.

……………....Wollacott
KKH…Odimayo…Crichlow…Hunt
…………….Grant…Reed
…….Payne….McKirdy….Williams
……………….Simpson

Think if we were ever going to go 4232 we’d have done it by now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #64 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:48:09 »

A few views about tomorrow from Bradford fans, they seem very confident it seems.

Swindon have a lousy home record and will be nervous. Go for it.

I'll be listening but im under no illustration about the outcome, still they might surprise us

We play very, very well at times and should have buried Rochdale in our last home game. However, we have a habit of switching off at times, losing composure and getting sloppy, allowing teams to get back at us. If we could get that out of our system then our home form will improve dramatically. It's not implausible that will happen on Saturday.

We're going to absolutely hammer somebody before long. Whether or not that happens on Saturday remains to be seen.

If we play like we did on Tuesday and you play to your best I can see at least a 5-0 hammering of us. Morale is low in the squad right now and our manager seems to be watching a completely different game when given interviews. Apparently we played well against Hartlepool. A team who hadn't scored away from home in over 8 hours ( 5 and a bit games) and they easily beat us 3-1 and it could have been more.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:49:44 »

For me that looks a good line up, Garner seems to prefer 3 centre back even if 1 is Baudry, who on Tuesday TBF played ok, other than the handball for the penalty.

I think the 3 centre backs thing is the go to formation because of the option it gives to get possession from the keeper and when we win the ball back.  Few teams are keen to send that many players on a press so it gives the option of retaining possession more easily for us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:55:24 »

I think the 3 centre backs thing is the go to formation because of the option it gives to get possession from the keeper and when we win the ball back.  Few teams are keen to send that many players on a press so it gives the option of retaining possession more easily for us.
Very true, we can see why Garner chooses this option, but for me I prefer 2 at centre back as it gives us 1 more attacking/midfield option.

Not conceding means you don't lose games, not scoring means you dont win games, I err more towards scoring goals rather than not conceding, much like Kevin Keegan, certainly at home where we do not seem to take many risks going forwards.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 13:19:32 »

I think that the additional midfielder / forward that a back four would allow is compensated by the way that the wing backs are used.
Not sure that the new spirit of transparency would extend to heat maps being shared with the fans but I wouldn't be surprised if they show that the wing backs spend a good proportion of the game in the opposition half.

Just on the question of crossing as well.
Don't think that there is the same onus on volume of crosses coming in now as there was in the curtailed title winning season.

Reason: Simpson is still learning and doesn't always take up the expected position of a CF in the box.
If anything McKirdy is more likely to do that but is more difficult to pick out due to his stature.
That's just my take on it anyway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 13:28:37 »

You won’t see any changes to way the team is set up.
All about ball retention and playing through the lines. Just hope we don’t get forced into mistakes tomorrow as Conroy is the player that is pivotal to our moves out from the back.
I don’t expect to see any changes to the set up but at home just passing endlessly sideways for a sustained period of time does work and opposition are letting us do it hence the ridiculous pass numbers. What I’m saying is that if a slightly more cautious defender comes in it likely to lead to us being a bit quicker out of our third which could actually help us at home.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #69 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 13:34:11 »

I think we all know the line will almost certainly be -

Wollacott
       Odimayo  Baudry  Crichlow 
KKH             Reed                 Iandolo
   Payne       McKirdy        Williams
               Simpson

The only 2 possible changes being Gladwin for Williams or Hunt for KKH depending on fitness etc.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #70 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 13:52:31 »

Think if we were ever going to go 4232 we’d have done it by now.

4232? You sure mate? Cheesy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #71 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 13:56:20 »

I can see why DV thinks that would give us the advantage....

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 14:01:20 »

Just watched the highlights of Bradford v Hartlepool - not sure they offer much useful insight, bar the Bradford player who clearly tried to score from a drop ball after a clash of heads, naughty boy. There's shithousery and there's just plain unsportsman like behaviour.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #73 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 14:04:04 »

I think we should keep the same formation, i don't think it has been the style of football that has cost us but just players missing guilt edged chances. We will be fine
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 14:07:25 »

Rush goalies?  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: