Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next League Game Starting XI  (Read 3991 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 14:19:02 »

Well, yesterday certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons!

I feel it would be harsh to change yesterday’s XI v Rochdale. Surely, the players should be certain that individual performances like that deserve at least another chance.

It’s also getting harder to see just how Grant gets back in as a regular starter - should always be in the matchday squad imo.

Is Jonny Williams a bit of an extravagance?

An abundance of riches!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 14:47:17 »

KKH comes in for me instantly, I don’t think he’s been as good in recent weeks but he is still head and shoulders above our other full backs. Rob Hunt hasn’t been close to his first seasons form and Iandolo just isn’t a full back.

The keeper thing is a tough one, Wollocott hasn’t put a foot wrong this season, and because of that has been called up to international duty, as good as Ward was yesterday, Wollocott has to come back in.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 15:00:55 »

Thought Rob Hunt was superb yesterday - also Iandolo. If KKH can play LWB put him in and leave Hunt on the right. Tough on Iandolo, though.

I’d be mightily pissed off if I was Ward and got dropped. Maybe he’ll get the nod Saturday with Garner using the tiring trip excuse for leaving out Wollacott.

No way McKirdy can be left out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 15:06:10 »

Same XI for me without a doubt

Harsh on JoJo admittedly.
Grant, Williams weren’t starting anyway. Gilbert started a couple but would have lost his place to McKirdy yesterday even if he’d been available.
KKH hasn’t been particularly great the last few games (not bad tbf) but certainly not good enough to be a certain starter.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 15:30:23 »

I think Ward will play on Tuesday - If he plays well, then he stays in for Saturday. If not, then Wollacott comes back in.

Hunt keeps his place for Saturday after this week's performance. As stated above, his performance vs FGR was his best of the season and on par with when he was on top form. He is a RB who can fill in at LB if necessary.

McKirdy keeps his place on Saturday at the expense of Gilbert. Again, if Gilbert can play on Tuesday then he should (to keep McKirdy fresh). I might even give Simpson the night off and give Parsons a run out.

Reed and Payne I might rest for East and Lyden on Tuesday too.

Bottom line is an unchanged team for Saturday, with other fringe and returners getting a run out on Tuesday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 15:45:02 »

I think you've got it spot on Pint

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 16:16:13 »

I feel it would be harsh to change yesterday’s XI v Rochdale. Surely, the players should be certain that individual performances like that deserve at least another chance.

It’s also getting harder to see just how Grant gets back in as a regular starter - should always be in the matchday squad imo.

An abundance of riches!

There may be selection at stake for Rochdale in the Pizza-Pot at Plymouth.  Ward has to start on Saturday unless he has a stinker at Plymouth.  Gilbert will be benched for McKirdy, who will increase the attendance.

Good point about Williams, you can't break up Reed, Payne and Gladwin, he's on the bench for sure.  Regarding wing backs, KKH may have to win his place back in the days ahead.  Garner may not be for having to win the shirt back, with KKH obviously offering more going forward, especially if Rochdale are expected to park the bus.  Tough on Rob Hunt, but that's just the way it is. So only one change for Saturday, KKH in for Rob Hunt.  That decision is probably going to be mainly tactical.

Expect Lawson and Dabre to feature at Argyle.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 16:44:19 by Crozzer » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 16:45:08 »

An abundance of riches!

Would seem an abundance of riches, until we get some injuries and suspensions on a very small squad. That said, at the moment we do seem to be relatively injury free, suspensions not a worrying issue on the horizon, though as we have all seen over the years that can change very quickly.

The pizza cup is a potential money maker in the later stages and can be used instead of or alongside ‘development games’ to keep fringe players fresh, match fit and injured players up to speed. As loathed as the pizza cup is, like yesterday’s £10k money in the till is very important, especially this year.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 17:15:52 »

Wollacott comes straight back in, he’s probably player of the season thus far and hasn’t put a foot wrong over a sustained period of time including international duty for a pretty decent National team. His stock is rising so need to keep him developing as he’s only gonna get better.
I’d keep Hunt at RWB and see if KHH can play on the left hand side as that’s our obvious weak side. Other than that it would be as is.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 17:50:26 »

Unchanged for me. We just won 2-0 at the league leaders and they hadn't conceded in 4 or 5 games
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 18:09:00 »

Wollacott back in and KKH for Hunt to give us more attacking threat at home are the only two changes I’m expecting to see next Sat. I hope Lyden gets a decent run out on Tuesday night.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 18:09:30 »

No tinkering

Nothing to see here
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 18:32:45 »

100% JoJo should come back in on Saturday, he is class keeper at this level and Ward is a journeyman (not a dig) who had a superb game

Play the best keeper, simple
Crackity Jones

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 18:53:07 »

100% JoJo should come back in on Saturday, he is class keeper at this level and Ward is a journeyman (not a dig) who had a superb game

Journeyman? Really? Ward is 24.  Spent his career on loan at various clubs from Reading until he joined Exeter in 2019. For comparison, Jojo is 25 and spent his career on loan at various clubs from Bristol City until he joined Swindon in 2021. I would say their careers have been similar until now.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 19:15:45 »

Well if you’re 12 then @ 24 it would seem a lifetime away and therefore a journeyman (not a dig) of a player, with only shock horror another 10 years left in his career 🤣🤣🤣
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: