McKirdy - 15 (16.5%)
Simpson - 1 (1.1%)
Baudry - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Lyden - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green R vs STFC MoM  (Read 4177 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:25:31 »

Yes, I couldn't tell which if the back 3 snuffed out Matt, because they worked well as a unit. Odimayo I only remember noticing one - I think that's because he gave nothing away. Crichlow was very good, but get sucked into giving freekicks away when he had the ball and is looking up to see what to do with it. Conroy, as you say, was awesome and martialed the defence. There is also the run for the McKirdy goal where he dropped his shoulder twice to send two midfielders the wrong way before passing to Gladwin who whipped the ball into McKirdy. I sometimes joke about Conroy trying to be Hoddle, but that was just sheer class!

Cracking at the end with the players going off and getting well deserved applause.
Dion Conroy came over into the corner and quite rightly I told him he needs to empty his pockets and let Jamal Matt out. Made him laugh. Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 07:07:29 »

Absolutely bizarre game where to a man we were excellent. I thought Gladwin had his best game of the season and McKirdy was absolutely brilliant again, his running and pace really is what the side has been missing. I just hope at home we start to dominate teams, it's been too passive at the CG.

That said, I gave the Man of the Match to Ward. Absolutely superb performance. For a team that were so dominated, FGR did create/have 5 or 6 good chances and Ward made some incredible stops, the one down to his left from the header in the corner was inspirational. Good handling and distribution also. Well done keep!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 11, 2021, 07:11:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: