Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46601 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 17:30:34 »

Sutton with a comeback win against Port Vale bumps us up to third, although Sutton would leapfrog us by a point if they were to win their game in hand.

Sutton & Harrogate are definitely the surprise teams so far and who knows whats gone wrong at Mansfield

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 17:40:39 »

Sutton & Harrogate are definitely the surprise teams so far and who knows whats gone wrong at Mansfield

Soon be put in their place by the town.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 17:43:15 »

McKirdy has been absolutely dynamite the last two games. Given us that cutting edge we'd been missing before.

Great team effort. Reed so impressive, nice to see Conroy getting back to his best and Lyden returning is the cherry on the cake
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 17:46:17 »

Soon be put in their place by the town.

No reason to fear anyone now although Bradford away is always a horrible game

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:10:44 »

That was a very different ‘watch’  for me. The pointless tippy tappy at the back was less evident. Whether that was by design or the way FGR set up I don’t know.

Maybe Garner was right. The team and the performances are evolving. Proof of the pudding will be the next few home games.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:16:16 »

That was a very different ‘watch’  for me. The pointless tippy tappy at the back was less evident. Whether that was by design or the way FGR set up I don’t know.

Maybe Garner was right. The team and the performances are evolving. Proof of the pudding will be the next few home games.

Great performance and so much purposeful than just a few weeks ago. Credit where it’s due, we looked an impressive side today. Simpson a bulldozer, McKirdy a livewire, Gladwin warming up, and Louis Reed just keeps us ticking. Great to see Lyden back and Lewis Ward, that was one to remember. Nicky Hammond had a game away at Millwall in maybe 91/2 or the year before midweek where he pulled off some incredible saves. That was Lewis Ward today - backup coming in and stealing the show….
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:19:25 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:21:51 »

Today was a pretty complete performance. Even Iandolo who has been poor recently had a good game.

If we can keep up this form over the next few games then our season expectations will have to be raised, and Clem will have to get his cheque book out in January to add another goalscorer to the team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #607 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:25:06 »

A few more comments from the FGR forum...

Game was lost on quality of finishing and in midfield where Swindon moved the ball quicker.

Swindon were much the better side and their performance fully merited their victory.

Sadly the result was pre determined before kick off against Swindon B. We are always poor in an early kick off, in front of tv cameras, against a big away following and in general against Swindon! Man of the match should have been the ref who inexplicably disallowed them a goal, but other than that very good.

Fair result should have been 7-3. Although our 3 were more clear cut than their 7 good chances. Ward had at least 3 world class saves. For some reason we looked really nervous and devoid of confidence and didn’t really improve.

"We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought."

For the first time this season, we were beaten by a better side (on the day).

Soundly beaten today by a team who had a few away on int duty

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:37:43 »

I would have thought that's the very definition of underestimation 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:39:28 »

Commonly known as double dutch😀

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:44:44 »

Didn't Digby and Hammond put on a couple of blinders in the 92/93 season?  Maybe even back to back or close to being so.  In my muddled mind I have West Ham and Barnsley as the opposition.

You are right on both counts.  Hammond was immense against Barnsley.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:50:15 »

Told Dion Conroy coming off the pitch to empty his pockets out as Jamal Matt was inside them.
Special call out to Reed, easily motm was just everywhere, and just never wasteful with the ball.
A footballer with a footballing brain.

What a cracking day out.
Tin pot Club with a fair few Swindon not getting into the ground until after 20 minutes into the game.
Countless tickets were not scanning, two poxy turnstiles, fans having to reverse out of the said turnstiles and then let in via a side door.
Jobsworth stewards should have let a few more through the side door to reduce the queue.

I detest having to go to FGR.

Reed was everywhere but he had a few successive corners that barely registered above chest height and failed to clear their first defender

The turnstiles were awful. Mine scanned but didn't let me through the gate. Had a female steward telling me to scan it again even though I told her the ticket scanned but the turnstile didn't move, made me scan again and it rejected me, then told to scan it again for the damn thing to tell me I'd scanned my ticket too many times. Just tear the fucking stub off and let me in!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #612 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:53:57 »

I would have thought that's the very definition of underestimation 
I understand it was a very famous Bobby Robsonism Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 18:54:56 »

Keep in mind,,,if you catch the game...we suck and are rebuilding...

Rebuilding? I'm a New York Jets fan.  We've been rebuilding since 1969...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 19:00:15 »

I understand it was a very famous Bobby Robsonism Smiley
Ah, I see...it was tongue in cheek...hence the "  "   Wink
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: