Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46581 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 12:59:44 »

Exciting Game!!!!

On a Win Streak...

Need my Huskers to beat a league leading team today...

last week all my teams won, looking for same showing today!!
Go Huskers! They're showing the game over here on ESPN...I'll check it out...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:00:32 »

Lots of flashier players but Louis Reed continues to be the perfect midfielder - slows the opposition down and cleans up so often, not as obviously dominant as Grant was last L2 season but he's very much as effective.
Totally bosses midfield. Broke up everything and drove us forward.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Hunk

« Reply #557 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:01:37 »

Digby for sure had a few great games, Hammond my mind is foggy on as I thought he was a poor keeper at best.

The free kick save in the top corner, the low save from the header going in the bottom corner and the penalty save were all absolutely top notch.

That low one from the header the pick of the bunch for me. Really top notch save.

McKirdy was great, but Ward my MOTM.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:01:48 »

Go Huskers! They're showing the game over here on ESPN...I'll check it out...

Ooh, I'll check that out..  good spot

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:02:42 »

Michigan are one of the best college teams are they not, your boys are going to have their work cut out.  Fingers crossed for the Huskers fella, will keep an eye out for the result - shame we don't get some of the college football on the box over here..  we have a dedicated NFL channel, you would think that they would put some of the college games on when there are no NFL games playing

they are playing well this year BUT they are known chokers!  so who knows...we have had opportunities to win 2 games this year against ranked teams...one was #3 and other #15....so who knows...we have to play as well as STFC and we will be good...thanx for the support
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:04:07 »

Keep in mind,,,if you catch the game...we suck and are rebuilding...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:05:23 »

Keep in mind,,,if you catch the game...we suck and are rebuilding...

You are really starting to sound like a Swindon fan now Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #562 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:05:53 »

I miss Kovar.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:08:26 »

Shay Given away at Hull, 1995. Steve Finney goal.

That was a great debut.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:11:42 »

In the spirit of this new found love of College Football, I will be watching the Bulldogs take on Auburn later.  I looked for tickets for one of their games and while the $150 ish cheapest seats was eye watering, it was the $500 per night rate to stay in a Motel 6 (think Travelodge at it's worst) that broke the deal.  Instead, taking my son to a weekend in Atlanta for a Utd game on the Saturday and Falcons game on the Sunday - talk about chokers!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:23:00 by RobertT » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:12:19 »

Digby for sure had a few great games, Hammond my mind is foggy on as I thought he was a poor keeper at best.

The free kick save in the top corner, the low save from the header going in the bottom corner and the penalty save were all absolutely top notch.
West Ham away. IIRC 1-0, Maskell, last minute.  Best keeper performance bar Downsborough's. FG away not exactly the biggest occasion but Ward was exceptional today and the penalty save was the icing on the cake.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:12:27 »

Not if it’s vegan.

It’s not vegan, I know the one in Stroud is really good, so I assume it would be good generally.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:15:41 »

In the spirit of this new found love of College Football, I will be watching the Bulldogs take on Auburn later.  I looked for tickets for one of their games and while the $150 ish sheapest seats was eye watering, it was the $500 per night rate to stay in a Motel 6 (think Travelodge at it's worst) that brokoe the deal.  INstead taking my son to a weekend in Atlanta for a Utd game in the Saturday and Falcons game on the Sunday - talk about chokers!

$500 a night for Motel 6, but the six legged pets are complimentary.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #568 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:22:54 »

West Ham away. IIRC 1-0, Maskell, last minute.  Best keeper performance bar Downsborough's. FG away not exactly the biggest occasion but Ward was exceptional today and the penalty save was the icing on the cake.
Not old enough to have seen Downsborough play for us so unable to comment but the West Ham game I remember Hammond making 1 good save but not much else TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:30:43 »

Well, that win got my acca off to a good start

* 36A6BBD7-5DC8-4942-83F1-2959D8C23DDF.png (644.67 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 128 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: