Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40416 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 21:00:03 »

He was so concussed he looked like he drank all the cider in Bristol…

To be fair their whole team looked like that
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 21:14:17 »

Pitman is finished, was finished last season and so lucky we dodged a bullet.
Absolutely shite and an embarrassment to professional football.
Glad to see another nail in Joey’s coffin.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 22:24:14 »

Holloway was rather muted on Quest tonight 🤣🤣
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 07:25:56 »

Iandolo is a bit of an enigma isn’t he. Very talented but he needs to be played in midfield. Problem is we are overloaded with talented midfielders so how does he get a game.

Gladwin’s best game, for me.

Special shout out for the Rovers Foghorn Leghorn BOOOO fan - amazing stamina to boo so often and for so long!

I’m not sure the missing players will be such a huge problem v FGR. Wollacott will be a big miss but Ward looked decent enough in his couple of games. Most would like to see McKirdy start so that’s Gilbert’s replacement. Garner isn’t picking Grant anyway and Williams seems to be a bit part player for some strange reason.

Would just like to see us play the entire 90 mins how we played the last 45 yesterday.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:15:25 »

Would have been more than happy to get three points from the six in the away games at Brovers and the Vegans,  so next week is a free hit, anything out of that would be a bonus.
Have been impressed with McKirdys pace since he made the squad, seems to have changed the game single handed yesterday, hope he starts at the Vegans, could be his best opportunity to claim a first team place.  And out best chance to score a goal in the first half !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:17:38 »

Would have been more than happy to get three points from the six in the away games at Brovers and the Vegans,  so next week is a free hit, anything out of that would be a bonus.
Have been impressed with McKirdys pace since he made the squad, seems to have changed the game single handed yesterday, hope he starts at the Vegans, could be his best opportunity to claim a first team place.  And out best chance to score a goal in the first half !!.
Wonder if he is best in the David Fairclough role though? I hope not, but it's possible.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:28:13 »

Dominant display and a well deserved win.
Good fun on the away terrace.
The waterproof jacket wasn't and still exhaling red smoke this morning.
A turn of pace (or a very gentle jog by anybody else's standards) needed on the approach to Temple Meads to just make the 7 o'clock train.

Normally having 4 first teamers on their first loan in the football league could be an issue with inconsistent performances.
However it's a credit to their quality and possibly also to the coaching setup & environment here that they have stepped up and played well with more ups than downs.
Gilbert is still finding his feet and a goal or an assist would do him good.
First out of sorts performance from Simpson yesterday otherwise he's been very good, just needs to be more clinical with finishing.
KKH has grown into the wing back role and is back to early season form after a slight dip. The final ball and decision making will improve.
Crichlow has been very solid. Not sure what his contract situation with Huddersfield is but must be worth an approach next summer.

Although not a loan can add JoJo, who has been excellent, to the above as well with only a handful of league appearances.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:37:49 »

Same three scorers as at Scunthorpe and in the same order as well.

They might need an acronym if they carry on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #488 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:55:46 »

Would just like to see us play the entire 90 mins how we played the last 45 yesterday.

I just dont think Garner sees the game played that way for 90 minutes.

Garner seems to like to spend the first half sussing out how teams are set up against us by playing keep ball and gently probing. Planly works better away from home when we're not expected to be on the front foot and when the opposition is as poor ss yesterday.

Not so well as against Port Vale who pressed very well, same likely next week. It would be good for us to play a different way sometimes.

Yesterday he worked out that Rovers although attempting a press of sorts only had Pitman doing it, so for the second half we seemed to move our play further up the pitch and as a result were finding space centrally in and around the box as well as wide and getting more players in the box.

Mikirdy provided the much needed spark in the final third yesterday, taking people on and causing panic. Gilbert wasn't providng it so was replaced.

Mikirdy taking players on, players getting in the box and a couple of howlers from Rovers and we get three goals.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #489 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 09:37:51 »

I see mckirdy as an impact sub who can change matches as he did yesterday, when he has started games he doesn't have the same impetus to get at them.

We always start games slowly and thats not Mkirdys game, he likes the ball played to him so he can run at teams, that opportunity doesn't come often early in games this season as we try to keep it slow and methodical early doors.

Easily the best player on the pitch when he came on yesterday and ran his socks off chasing everything and often winning them.

Gilbert is much more of a ball carrier who doesnt take a large amount of risks which is what Garner likes in 1st half of games.

Disappointed with Simpson yesterday as it was by far his poorest game but as they came on the pitch his body language looked poor when he saw how hard it was raining and he never really got into the game against what was in essence the weakest defence we have come up against all season so far, he should have been in his element but he just was never at the races.

Great result and a lot of positive comments from Rovers fans after the game but they look fucked with Barton in charge, which is good to see Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10:06:49 »

Dominant display and a well deserved win.
Good fun on the away terrace.
The waterproof jacket wasn't and still exhaling red smoke this morning.
A turn of pace (or a very gentle jog by anybody else's standards) needed on the approach to Temple Meads to just make the 7 o'clock train.

Normally having 4 first teamers on their first loan in the football league could be an issue with inconsistent performances.
However it's a credit to their quality and possibly also to the coaching setup & environment here that they have stepped up and played well with more ups than downs.
Gilbert is still finding his feet and a goal or an assist would do him good.
First out of sorts performance from Simpson yesterday otherwise he's been very good, just needs to be more clinical with finishing.
KKH has grown into the wing back role and is back to early season form after a slight dip. The final ball and decision making will improve.
Crichlow has been very solid. Not sure what his contract situation with Huddersfield is but must be worth an approach next summer.

Although not a loan can add JoJo, who has been excellent, to the above as well with only a handful of league appearances.

Did you walk back to the station Bob or catch a bus or taxi maybe as that's a fair way

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10:09:50 »

I reckon WB pub crawled his way back  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10:15:04 »

I reckon WB pub crawled his way back  Smiley

He done well to jog at the end then😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #493 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10:43:43 »

To save trawling through pages of comments here are the ones that mention us from the gas forum, most seem pretty positive in our favour TBH and quite fair.

Rovers threw a victory away, but swindon didnt look like a team that could score more than one goal in a game. So had the 3 points given to them.

Sorry, but I completely disagree in your assessment of Swindon. They missed several guilt-edged chances prior to equalising and thoroughly deserve their 3-1 win. The fact that it was a soft penalty and a goalkeeping blunder is neither here nor there. Swindon had enough chances and shot on goal to win handsomely anyway.

Got what we deserve. Stood off all game and created virtually nothing.

We have been 2nd best and I don't begrudge Swindon the points

We deserve that score, got exactly what we deserved.

This was a big game for Barton. Will be the icing on the cake for many who were on the fence.

1 moment of brilliant football, 80 minutes of absolute dross. Suck it up Barton, outplayed by ‘negligent Garner’

Because the ref gave them one goal and belly gave them another. Other than that Swindon are toothless upfront. Like at rovers BG did lots of passing in the middle third but nobody on the end of balls.

This performance was a total sh** show and Swindon could have scored at least 7. Wael you have made a huge mistake backing this w*nk*r the only chance o f saving this season is to get rid of him now, even that might not save our league status because this bunch of past their sell by dates are simply not good enough. We are in deep trouble.

Garner must feel on top of the world tonight and so he should, not only has he won he has stuck a big middle finger up to Rovers, Barton and I suppose us fans. It pains me to say , but he is proving his critics wrong and showing Rovers up for the mugs that we are.

Today was dire. Our best player was the keeper

Got what we deserved, I'm sorry joey it's not worked out ten games in, and a manager who only had 7 players when he joined swindle outperformed you, a man you said was negligent for our demise

A complete and total humiliation. Garner must be a very happy man tonight --- and understandably so. An absolutely shocking result. The last 45 minutes sums up our decline over the last two years. What a capitulation! At home as well.

Swindon could easily have had 4, 5 or 6. We were totally outclassed from start to finish.
They gave us a footballing lesson and it's clearly Barton who is looking imcompetent now.
This is a worse Rovers squad than the one that got relegated to the Conference in 2014.
Played off the park by Garner's Swindon at home. Surely his time is up.

Swindons midfield and defenders had all the time and space they could wish for,second half especially, they wont have an easier game all season.

We made Swindon look like Brazil. We are truly pathetic in every department

If you watch the other Swindle games this season you will notice its not a case of normally they would score those chances. Because they have not

the formation played right into Swindons hands today. Everyone knew they would play from the back and by starting with Pitman up front on his own we let them do exactly that. They've given us a lesson today, our midfield was pretty much non existant throughout.

Apart from a really well crafted goal from us, it just felt like the inevitable outcome from lots of swindle pressure.

They're number 10 Payne in the middle was what we were missing last year. When they played garnerball along the back line he was their out but instead of playing backwards or sideways all the time he'd mix it up with a pass or dribble forwards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 11:05:02 »

Did you walk back to the station Bob or catch a bus or taxi maybe as that's a fair way

Usual way out was cordoned off, found a bus stop by accident but had to wait over an hour as it was next to where some Town fans had been corralled prior to being marched off to Parkway. Police described it as "controlling the situation". Indeed.
Couple of scheduled buses turned off before the hold up.
All good fun.

Looking at their forum, interesting to see the terms basket case & shambles being used and it's not aimed at us for a change.
Also the trusty "I'm not going again until <insert name> has gone."

Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: