Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40717 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:07:08 »

Just got home from the game, watched from behind enemy lines, sat just behind the Rovers dugout, and struggled to keep my mouth shut at times but I lived to tell the tale.

In the first half, I felt like we largely dominated. Rovers scored against the run of play but we were undeterred in how they wanted t play football and stuck to our guns. We focused our attack down the left where they didn't have a natural defender and just kept picking at them.

Simpson is a decent player but we play balls into him completely against his style of play. He's not quick enough to run onto a ball over the top but we continue to feed those balls into him. One of the first comments from the Rovers fans I remember is something like 'we just to be good at passing the ball around at the back too' but this possession play was the underpinning of our success today. The patient build-up, pulling Rovers apart piece by piece. Unlucky to go into halftime 1-0 down IMO with all the opportunities we created. Rovers fans around me were shouting at Barton to change it up for the 2nd half. They had no confidence being 1-0 up that it would hold.

2nd half, we came out and carried on playing our style. Slowly pinning Rovers defence back deep in their own half. I can confirm Rovers fans have the same opinions on Pitman as he did with us, with one gentleman suggesting that he shared the same medical diagnoses of piles judging by how he waddles around the pitch... Why someone felt the need to shout that out on the terrace, god knows but they are a strange bunch...

Joey Barton spent largely the first half banging his head on the dugout in frustration, screaming at everyone. In comparison, 2nd half he was very, speechless on the sidelines barely moving. After all the shit he spouted in the pre-match media this week, he looks pretty stupid now!

The ref had an up and down game. Defensively, we had our hands all over Pitman and looked like we were trying to tweak his nipples from behind in honesty, but we got away with it. One thing that made me laugh, Pitman fell over in front of the Gas dugout wanting a freekick and then proceeded to pick the ball up thinking the ref had to give it to him. Only for the ref to blow for a free kick to Swindon. Pitman threw the ball into the dugout only for Swindon to take a throw-in..?

We kept pushing hard and got the deserved equaliser, penalty and icing on the cake. Super happy for McKirdy as when he was coming on, the abuse he got from the Rovers fans for his ponytail, he simply turned around and smiled like an assassin to the home fans.

Buzzing to have seen us win from behind enemy lines. Very strange experience but well worth it!! The highlight of the day towards the end of the game, Swindon fans oleing the successful passes for one Rovers fan to scream 'WE'RE GETTING FUCKING OLE'D, AT HOME, TO FUCKING SWINDON!!!! JOEY BARTON, YOU FUCKING C*NT, CAN YOU HEAR THEM TAKING THE COMPLETE PISS OUT OF US!?!?' The perfect cherry on top for a glorious derby day win!

Enjoyed getting a few songs started, You’re getting sacked in the Morning and Joey give us a wave Smiley

Some cracking moments outside the ground, a 70 year old Gas fan giving my lad the middle finger and the Ian Holloway lookalike who was giving it large when Rovers took the lead.
Standing on the steps of the stand out the back getting angry. Holloway gives us a wave Smiley

Pitman is absolutely shite.
Rovers slow and ponderous. Outclassed today.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:07:52 »

Just got home from the game, watched from behind enemy lines, sat just behind the Rovers dugout, and struggled to keep my mouth shut at times but I lived to tell the tale.

In the first half, I felt like we largely dominated. Rovers scored against the run of play but we were undeterred in how they wanted t play football and stuck to our guns. We focused our attack down the left where they didn't have a natural defender and just kept picking at them.

Simpson is a decent player but we play balls into him completely against his style of play. He's not quick enough to run onto a ball over the top but we continue to feed those balls into him. One of the first comments from the Rovers fans I remember is something like 'we just to be good at passing the ball around at the back too' but this possession play was the underpinning of our success today. The patient build-up, pulling Rovers apart piece by piece. Unlucky to go into halftime 1-0 down IMO with all the opportunities we created. Rovers fans around me were shouting at Barton to change it up for the 2nd half. They had no confidence being 1-0 up that it would hold.

2nd half, we came out and carried on playing our style. Slowly pinning Rovers defence back deep in their own half. I can confirm Rovers fans have the same opinions on Pitman as he did with us, with one gentleman suggesting that he shared the same medical diagnoses of piles judging by how he waddles around the pitch... Why someone felt the need to shout that out on the terrace, god knows but they are a strange bunch...

Joey Barton spent largely the first half banging his head on the dugout in frustration, screaming at everyone. In comparison, 2nd half he was very, speechless on the sidelines barely moving. After all the shit he spouted in the pre-match media this week, he looks pretty stupid now!

The ref had an up and down game. Defensively, we had our hands all over Pitman and looked like we were trying to tweak his nipples from behind in honesty, but we got away with it. One thing that made me laugh, Pitman fell over in front of the Gas dugout wanting a freekick and then proceeded to pick the ball up thinking the ref had to give it to him. Only for the ref to blow for a free kick to Swindon. Pitman threw the ball into the dugout only for Swindon to take a throw-in..?

We kept pushing hard and got the deserved equaliser, penalty and icing on the cake. Super happy for McKirdy as when he was coming on, the abuse he got from the Rovers fans for his ponytail, he simply turned around and smiled like an assassin to the home fans.

Buzzing to have seen us win from behind enemy lines. Very strange experience but well worth it!! The highlight of the day towards the end of the game, Swindon fans oleing the successful passes for one Rovers fan to scream 'WE'RE GETTING FUCKING OLE'D, AT HOME, TO FUCKING SWINDON!!!! JOEY BARTON, YOU FUCKING C*NT, CAN YOU HEAR THEM TAKING THE COMPLETE PISS OUT OF US!?!?' The perfect cherry on top for a glorious derby day win!

Fantastic mole report! Loved that last bit - thanks for posting this Cheesy
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #467 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:08:29 »

Reed has been excellent. But he's not injury proof.
True but i imagine this has all escalated (just assuming) because he was left out last week. If Reid was injured Grant would likely be recalled. All this has proved to me is that we need a player like Grant in January
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:23:53 »

I guess whatever the issues are, they'll be dealt with the managers way.

keep winning be slips from mind
-------
I guess I don't get away much. First time I can remember the ref/lino having a bit of a laugh with fans while warming up.

not that it made any difference come kick off. rightly so
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:39:02 »

Rovers view

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:47:12 »

Love to hear the revisionist Ben Garner comment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:47:38 »

After the game Barton offered to walk away - no compo. Wael said he backs him and the group 100%.

Shit. They really are in trouble!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:49:42 »

Some of those comments and observations seemed to be quite familiar

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:49:43 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
After the game Barton offered to walk away - no compo. Wael said he backs him and the group 100%.

brilliant. They really are in trouble!

Flynn by Monday then;)

ps. fify
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:57:19 »

Why did both sides make 4 subs today? Thought 3 was the limit
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:58:57 »

One player had concussion i think
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 20:00:50 »

So that allows us to make one extra because they did? That would be the ultimate fuck up  Cheesy
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 20:17:23 »

Smiley

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1444395400715284484?s=20
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 20:55:01 »

He was so concussed he looked like he drank all the cider in Bristol…

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 20:55:33 »

So that allows us to make one extra because they did? That would be the ultimate fuck up  Cheesy
Yes, that was a new one on me so looked it up when I got home.
New concussion rules are being trialled this year.
If a player has suspected concussion they must be substituted immediately. Teams can make up to 2 such substitutions and if they do then the opposition team also gets the ability to make additional normal substitutions.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: