Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40414 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:42:09 »

One concern actually from today's game. Alex Gilbert.

Looked weak on the ball, the dugout was screaming at him to get into the box more and ultimately got hauled off early. Is he good enough? Certainly thinks he's good enough running around with his white boots...

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:58:09 »

I would hate to be your missus, Theakston. I bet you’re a hard man to please when your dinner gets put on the table  Cheesy

We’ve just thumped our local rivals away from home, cheer up fella. It’s entirely plausible that with the current situation at the club, the opportunity of an additional and unexpected £10,000 is worth risking against some international call ups when we are well placed in the league.

Superb today, what else if there to say - we can only enjoy these moments given the recent dross we’ve been served up  Beers

Agree entirely, we’re not flush with cash. £10k is four months salary for a player in the January transfer window or £4K toward some bonuses.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:59:25 »

No I just fail to believe you can be forced to play a game if a high number of players are away on international duty, it’s the whole reason there are no PL or championship games. If we are being forced we should be challenging sky and the EFL for double standards.

The way I’m understanding it is that sky said ‘we’ll show the game, but regardless of international call ups you have to play it’ and we said yes. Presumably Plymouth & Pompey called theirs off a few weeks back.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #453 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:05:41 »

One concern actually from today's game. Alex Gilbert.

Looked weak on the ball, the dugout was screaming at him to get into the box more and ultimately got hauled off early. Is he good enough? Certainly thinks he's good enough running around with his white boots...
That was his poorest game but he has been very good lately. I think we need to remember this is his first ever experience of professional football at 1st team level. He has made a bigger impact than many players have afetr 4 league games for me
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:08:30 »

The way I’m understanding it is that sky said ‘we’ll show the game, but regardless of international call ups you have to play it’ and we said yes. Presumably Plymouth & Pompey called theirs off a few weeks back.
Seems mental to agree to that

I would hate to be your missus, Theakston. I bet you’re a hard man to please when your dinner gets put on the table  Cheesy

We’ve just thumped our local rivals away from home, cheer up fella. It’s entirely plausible that with the current situation at the club, the opportunity of an additional and unexpected £10,000 is worth risking against some international call ups when we are well placed in the league.

Superb today, what else if there to say - we can only enjoy these moments given the recent dross we’ve been served up  Beers
Not at all, it just seems a massive own goal that we’ve won for the first time in over a month and rather than building up momentum we are hamstrung for the next game as we are without 4 players, their absence in training alone will surely be less than ideal. My biggest concern is Ward has looked poor in the games he’s played so without JW in a match against the league leaders is far from ideal. Just seems very naive by the club and massive double standards from the EFL and Sky if we are really locked in.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:13:08 »

Has Ward looked poor? He has played two matches, a clean sheet away at League 1 Cambridge and a decent goal conceded against Arsenal. I thought his distribution could have been improved during the latter at times but based on the very little he’s played, I’d say he’s a competent back up at League 2 level.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:15:53 »

Very pleased with the result today

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:20:32 »

Quote from: tans
Did he say anything about Grant?

not that I've read.

suspect he's fucked garner off over the international stuff. bloody shame if so.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:30:26 »

Official site actually has some fairly reasonable comments about Grant.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:33:43 »

Could it be something as controversial as Grant not looking anything special in his appearances this season or last?

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:42:19 »

Could it be something as controversial as Grant not looking anything special in his appearances this season or last?

Could be a number of things. Grant has ATM cult status @ SN1. It is his to keep or lose. The management has a duty to ensure the club is successful on and off the field. If that means Grant doesn’t play for whatever reason then we have to accept that.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #461 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:50:53 »

Official site actually has some fairly reasonable comments about Grant.
Could you pop the link up please mate
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:58:21 »

Reed is playing so well that Grant isn't needed, especially with three at the back. Also, why disrupt the squad when he's available for only one game?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:00:08 »

Nice to be proven wrong but wish we would start turning up in the first half!

Should have scored 4 first half.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 19:03:31 »

Quote from: Crozzer
Reed is playing so well that Grant isn't needed, especially with three at the back. Also, why disrupt the squad when he's available for only one game?

Reed has been excellent. But he's not injury proof.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: