Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30709 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:16:08 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
Break even crowds to satisfy current debt 8,000.
We are doing ok.

that's a bit scary for division 4!

so far so good, admittedly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:39:57 »

I think you are taking his point too literally. All DV was saying (I think) was that if it is true that we don't have a pot to piss in (which in itself is debatable)...that has nothing to do with our failure on the field in the final third of the pitch. The point about not wanting to pay win/goal bonuses was an ironic, not literal one.

We have a winner...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10:04:55 »

We have a winner...

Clap what prize have you lined up?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10:34:28 »

I just think people need to chill out a bit and stop jumping on everything that everyone says.  Discussions about football, formations and performances are great, exactly what we are all here for, much better than talking about court cases, points deductions and administration..  sometimes these discussions recently seem to turn into the politics thread..

It's not all doom and gloom and it's not all rosey - it's just..  football.

I for one am enjoying watching the team again and not getting frustrated with a poor performance or carried away with a good one - it's league 2, you are going to get both all season - enjoy it you miserable fuckers..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 10:53:05 »

that's a bit scary for division 4!

so far so good, admittedly.

Absolutely but underlines the scale of the shit show exposed and uncovered.
This could have been a lot worse, we all know that but we all want success don’t we. Still have a big challenge with the pending Court case and funding could get scrutinised further.
Can only hope we get hit with a suspended sentence and the wrong-doings are directed at the former owner.
Just glad we have a decent legal representative and people known in the right places.

Right now and only an opinion with no facts I would say the delay in the hearing is a positive with only the unknown still hanging over the club. It’s going to happen thus just have to see what unfolds.

Loving the fact though that it’s all about football and no daily discussions on the murky World of STFC and the fall outs of individuals and consequences.

Another game to look forward to this Weekend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 11:21:36 »

I think it's a case of expectations rising based on actual recruitment v expected recruitment. So close to being a force first time!

We (I) have deviated from "stabilise this season, then build".

one point Duke, when you say 'funding scrutinised' are you talking about how we are funded now, how we were funded under power, or our current wage structure/limit?!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 11:46:03 »

I just think people need to chill out a bit and stop jumping on everything that everyone says.  Discussions about football, formations and performances are great, exactly what we are all here for, much better than talking about court cases, points deductions and administration..  sometimes these discussions recently seem to turn into the politics thread..

I for one am enjoying watching the team again and not getting frustrated with a poor performance or carried away with a good one - it's league 2, you are going to get both all season - enjoy it you miserable fuckers..

Correct!!

Doing alot better than i expected....pleased we have a league Club.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:11:19 »

I think it's a case of expectations rising based on actual recruitment v expected recruitment. So close to being a force first time!

We (I) have deviated from "stabilise this season, then build".

one point Duke, when you say 'funding scrutinised' are you talking about how we are funded now, how we were funded under power, or our current wage structure/limit?!

All of those.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:12:08 »

Yes I am.

Which one?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:14:36 »

Correct!!

Doing alot better than i expected....pleased we have a league Club.

This - Better than anyone could have expected with 3 days and we were gone.
We have enough to challenge this season and expectations were a week before the season just to avoid relegation.

Absolutely loving watching Swindon home and away again.
Helps me get through this shite World.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:16:56 »

Which one?

You beat me.
Both previous funding and current funding will be scrutinised.
Our transfer dealings under Power will uncover some real skeletons and a few will be sweating for sure.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:19:37 »

All of those.

Oh !
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 16:28:23 »

You beat me.
Both previous funding and current funding will be scrutinised.
Our transfer dealings under Power will uncover some real skeletons and a few will be sweating for sure.

Is that a combination of who we are signing (players on Standings books etc) and how we were 'paying' for these signings?

Did hear one very dodgy story years ago regarding the purchase of John Goddard from a source completely unconnected to Swindon, where allegedly (!) to get ahead of the other teams trying to sign him, Power got an aide to gatecrash the meal the Woking chairman was at with half of the transfer fee upfront...all in cash in a Tesco carrier bag Doh . It sounds almost laughable as it's just ludicrous, but was told the story by someone from work at the time who was completely unconnected to Swindon, but was at that meal. Has worried me for years because cash in a carrier bag just screams wrongdoings.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 18:13:43 »

This 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 20:54:06 »

Is that a combination of who we are signing (players on Standings books etc) and how we were 'paying' for these signings?

Did hear one very dodgy story years ago regarding the purchase of John Goddard from a source completely unconnected to Swindon, where allegedly (!) to get ahead of the other teams trying to sign him, Power got an aide to gatecrash the meal the Woking chairman was at with half of the transfer fee upfront...all in cash in a Tesco carrier bag Doh . It sounds almost laughable as it's just ludicrous, but was told the story by someone from work at the time who was completely unconnected to Swindon, but was at that meal. Has worried me for years because cash in a carrier bag just screams wrongdoings.

The Court Cases and sale process already managed to squeeze out the fact that Power had accounted for the Ritchie sell on fee in the books as money he had lent the club, and not money from Newcastle/Bournemouth.  So anything is possible.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: