Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30735 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 20:58:23 »

The football could be better but I’m loving the fact I can go to watch Town home and away, and meet up with old pals.

Frankly, and considering the bigger picture, I don’t give a shit about the style, especially eight league games into a season that not long ago looked like it might never happen.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 06:01:09 »

So many also missing the point that we haven’t got a pot to piss in and a massive debt was left by the parasite.
If our crowds hold up I am sure the purse strings will be eased in January enabling us to strengthen, albeit a little.

In a much better place than expected and that is from the club itself.

Are you saying we can’t afford goal bonuses so are trying not to score too many?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 07:01:24 »

Are you saying we can’t afford goal bonuses so are trying not to score too many?

WTF. You can clearly read, so what prompts a question is that? I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if anyone else thought what you’re implying. As Victor Meldrew would say “I don’t believe it”.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 07:07:56 »

Haha hook line and sinker
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 07:10:36 »

Haha hook line and sinker

You think?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 07:27:18 »

Break even crowds to satisfy current debt 8,000.
We are doing ok.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 07:38:52 »

WTF. You can clearly read, so what prompts a question is that? I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if anyone else thought what you’re implying. As Victor Meldrew would say “I don’t believe it”.

The main topic of conversation has been our style of play and lack of attacking edge.
Then DoB comes in talking about how we haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Now explain how lack of money means we cant move the ball forward and attack more often?
Then you’ll do the maths just like I did.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 08:06:55 »

I had a quick look at the league 2 table this morning and Tranmere Rovers who sit one place and one point behind us have a paltry 4 league goals in 8 this season. Obviously the leading goalscorers, FGR and LO lead the way with 18 and 16 goals scored.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 08:06:59 »

I think the recruitment says we do, indeed, have a pot to piss in. This isn’t a squad assembled full of journeymen, lower league hoofers. There’s some genuine talent in there. It’s a bit unfair burdening a 19 year old in his first full season as our spearhead but he’s doing fine. Garner just needs to trust the players a bit more and not be so regimented and anal about possession being the be all and end all.

We’ve looked so much better when we are genuinely having a go. Just don’t understand why it takes until the 2nd half before we do.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:04:56 »

The main topic of conversation has been our style of play and lack of attacking edge.
Then DoB comes in talking about how we haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Now explain how lack of money means we cant move the ball forward and attack more often?
Then you’ll do the maths just like I did.

So how does what you have just posted correlate to not being able to pay win bonuses that you ‘suggested’ DIB was saying in his post? He clearly said, implied or suggested no such thing.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:12:17 »

This is so painful
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:13:03 »

This is so painful

Agreed. That said, isn't it better to have these kind of conversations than the ones we have been having over the last 6 months or so?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:13:35 »

So how does what you have just posted correlate to not being able to pay win bonuses that you ‘suggested’ DIB was saying in his post? He clearly said, implied or suggested no such thing.
I think you are taking his point too literally. All DV was saying (I think) was that if it is true that we don't have a pot to piss in (which in itself is debatable)...that has nothing to do with our failure on the field in the final third of the pitch. The point about not wanting to pay win/goal bonuses was an ironic, not literal one.

This is so painful
Yes it is.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:15:38 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:15:21 »

Agreed. That said, isn't it better to have these kind of conversations than the ones we have been having over the last 6 months or so?
Soooo much better
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:15:53 »

I think the recruitment says we do, indeed, have a pot to piss in. This isn’t a squad assembled full of journeymen, lower league hoofers. There’s some genuine talent in there. It’s a bit unfair burdening a 19 year old in his first full season as our spearhead but he’s doing fine. Garner just needs to trust the players a bit more and not be so regimented and anal about possession being the be all and end all.

We’ve looked so much better when we are genuinely having a go. Just don’t understand why it takes until the 2nd half before we do.
Agreed...and if we were just a team of hoofers and journeymen, I'd be very much in the "Ooooh...I'm just glad to have a team to support / I'll be happy to stay up" camp. But we're not so I struggle to understand that viewpoint. Garner is holding this team back and I don't understand why or what he is afraid of.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: