Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30706 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 13:15:18 »

I disagree. Garner knows exactly how he wants his side to play and recruited accordingly. I’m pretty sure he couldn’t have recruited much better than he has. As we’ve seen from previous loanees, we’ve had them raw, improved them and they’ve moved up the ladder. Not all, obviously, but a good few. In amongst that he has also recruited young, untried players on permanent contracts - hopefully to turn them into financial assets for the club.

My question is. Which is his priority? Progressing players or the club? It’s easy to say that one will, logically, follow the other.

One thing I do applaud - if it turns out to be the case - is that I can see Garner being given enough time to execute his project. Something he never got at Rovers. It could be a hard season’s watch - seeing if the project looks like bearing fruit.

Setting his bar so low with a ‘just staying up’ target gives him that time. I’ll continue to moan and groan about the entertainment on view - or lack thereof - but I won’t be calling for his head. A middle for diddle finish but with improving entertainment will do me for this season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 14:02:22 »

A drubbing of Bristol Rovers will do me  Smiley
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 15:42:47 »

Where as I’d happily take 46 turgid, horrible, ugly 1-0 wins all day long.

Without getting into the result or entertainment discussion………….I’m with DV
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 15:58:59 »

To be fair I don’t have an issue with us trying to keep the ball as much as possible, it’s much more difficult & hard work chasing the ball around than it is to pass it.

For me we just need to do it with a bit more pace, and have more movement from the midfield players to give the defence more options.

I don’t think we are that far away
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 16:19:13 »

Just watched the extended highlights and to be fair, the move which led to our goal was pretty damned incisive. It wasn't really indicative of our performance overall though (although we did have our best spell of the game around that time) I just don't know why we don't do it more often.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #380 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 17:04:01 »

Just watched the extended highlights and to be fair, the move which led to our goal was pretty damned incisive. It wasn't really indicative of our performance overall though (although we did have our best spell of the game around that time) I just don't know why we don't do it more often.
The 2nd chance where Simpson was 1 on 1 was also very incisive and came fro passes through the middle. He really could of one that for us Saturday
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 17:33:02 »

So many also missing the point that we haven’t got a pot to piss in and a massive debt was left by the parasite.
If our crowds hold up I am sure the purse strings will be eased in January enabling us to strengthen, albeit a little.

In a much better place than expected and that is from the club itself.

STFC no2 fan

« Reply #382 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 18:07:04 »

Totally agree with the earlier comments on the stewards who were great and no idea why these angry young men want to spend half their time arguing with them  instead of watching the game. Getting stuck near some of them at Stevenage and now Northampton has been tedious and went in the side stand second half for a more chilled out atmosphere. It was good to see that the Stevenage bin chucker seemed chastened with his girlfriend in tow :-)
« Last Edit: Monday, September 20, 2021, 18:09:30 by STFC no2 fan » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 18:10:27 »

The 'Stevenage Bin Chucker' was a Two Ronnies character, iirc
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 18:47:22 »

The 'Stevenage Bin Chucker' was a Two Ronnies character, iirc

He was sat a few rows in front of us on Saturday
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 18:59:48 »

So many also missing the point that we haven’t got a pot to piss in and a massive debt was left by the parasite.
If our crowds hold up I am sure the purse strings will be eased in January enabling us to strengthen, albeit a little.

In a much better place than expected and that is from the club itself.

This and a decent FA Cup run, not forgetting pizza cup.

Something else to ponder. We ARE a big club in this and L1, no doubt about that and in wider footballing circles that’s recognised along with our potential to be (as Clem has stated) a decent Championship club. Keep getting in the news for positive reasons and the desire to send players here on loan and players we can afford to buy will want to come here. More so than the reverse publicity. Success breeds success and in the footballing world at our level the only realistic success is a promotion or a pizza cup medal. We can get that this season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 19:46:16 »

Totally agree with the earlier comments on the stewards who were great and no idea why these angry young men want to spend half their time arguing with them  instead of watching the game. Getting stuck near some of them at Stevenage and now Northampton has been tedious and went in the side stand second half for a more chilled out atmosphere. It was good to see that the Stevenage bin chucker seemed chastened with his girlfriend in tow :-)

Upset that “Charlie” is getting more expensive.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 19:47:58 »

We are a big club for Lg 2, not sure we are a 'Big Club' for Lg 1. Historically we are an average Lg 1 club (or slightly higher). We CAN be a big League 1  / steady Champ club (look at Reading for what we should be aiming for). But agree with the sentiment LL; lets think positive :-)
REDBUCK

« Reply #388 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 19:52:37 »

This happened against Port Vale, we came out 2nd half upped the tempo, scored one and could have scored another. Then it went away again almost as quickly as it arrived and PV took over again.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 20:22:03 »

Big club  Zzz

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: