Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30707 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 22:39:57 »

Great to meet you today Mate.
Want to see that flag 👍

It's on the drawing board.  It will happen.  : )
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 06:52:55 »

The extended highlights don’t show us in a good light. Virtually all Cobblers. Apart from Simpson’s goal all we showed were his 2 other chances - the bar and the keeper save.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 07:44:06 »

It's on the drawing board.  It will happen.  : )

Never in any doubt.
Been along time Mate, good to catch up 👍
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 08:23:18 »

I've seen it often.

In L2!

Back it up then. I think you’re being to harsh.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 08:35:34 »

Just listened to the post match interview and was surprised that BG thought that we started well in the first 20 mins.  It certainly wasn't a bad start but we didn't have a shot for over half an hour and could easily have conceded a couple.

Perhaps he's overstating it for confidence.

Also I hope Simpson misunderstood the question.  Hawes asked what energy he got from the away end and he said that we were negative towards him and the team.

I can only think he was talking about the Northampton fans as I didn't hear any negativity, a bit of frustration at times but we were vocal and have a new song for him.  

All good apart from the couple of bottle throwing idiots.  They got a mouthful from plenty around them.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #305 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:06:09 »

Yet, most of the other players playing for other teams in L2 "for a reason", are able to make simple passes?

It's clearly bollocks. We see L2 players making simple passes all the time so to claim they can't do it when we see them actually do the thing you claim they can't do makes no sense.

And I know all players will make the odd mishap, but that's not what's happening here.
You are making it sound like we can't do those passes at all. e make the same mistakes other teams do but we try it more than they do. Infact our pass completion has been higher in every single game we have played , other teams are giving it away more than we do
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #306 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:12:14 »

Infact our pass completion has been higher in every single game we have played , other teams are giving it away more than we do
You are of course right, but other teams aren't giving the ball away in what is very often an incredibly dangerous positions, they give the ball away in midfield or in attack, we more consistantly give it away while playing out from the back instantly putting us under needless pressure.

Also a huge amount of our possession is in totally inert positions, in our half, interplay between defenders, not in positions that will hurt the opposition.

Its still early days and hopefully many of the errors we are showing now will be ironed out on the trainign pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:16:19 »

We need to play with more intensity and more intent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:18:23 »

pass completion % is entirely pointless without context.

it could be 100% when not under pressure, and 2%  when trying to open the opposition

but I don't know what/how statistics are interpreted by the club. you think they would break it down far more than the single figure us fans get.

it's sure to show that the first half was ploddy, and only the spell after the goal really showed what we are trying to achieve
Flashheart

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:20:18 »

You are making it sound like we can't do those passes at all. e make the same mistakes other teams do but we try it more than they do. Infact our pass completion has been higher in every single game we have played , other teams are giving it away more than we do

Nope.

That's not what I'm saying at all, not even close and that's quite some twist you're putting onto what I'm saying. Of course we make these passes often, but I don't recall other teams giving the ball away easily as often as we do.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #310 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:22:41 »

The stats say they give it away more. It's not a twist at all i am responding to your own words
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #311 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:26:31 »

On a separate note though i do think we need to start seeing a bit more from our attacking players. We are crying out for a midfielder who can carry the ball through the middle at the moment. I thought Williams was very poor yesterday
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:29:00 »

pass completion % is entirely pointless without context.

it could be 100% when not under pressure, and 2%  when trying to open the opposition

but I don't know what/how statistics are interpreted by the club. you think they would break it down far more than the single figure us fans get.

it's sure to show that the first half was ploddy, and only the spell after the goal really showed what we are trying to achieve
Not sure they are irrelevent with this situation though, just responding to posts saying they can't complete 5 yeard passes etc. Agree i thought 1st half was a bit poor but on the balance of chances a draw was probably fair i thought
Flashheart

« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:31:05 »

The stats say they give it away more. It's not a twist at all i am responding to your own words

For the record: I categorically am not saying that we cannot play these passes at all, so you don't need to go there anymore.

And I don't care what the stats say. I watch the games myself and I know what I see.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:34:51 »

Just listened to the post match interview and was surprised that BG thought that we started well in the first 20 mins.  It certainly wasn't a bad start but we didn't have a shot for over half an hour and could easily have conceded a couple.

Perhaps he's overstating it for confidence.

Also I hope Simpson misunderstood the question.  Hawes asked what energy he got from the away end and he said that we were negative towards him and the team.

I can only think he was talking about the Northampton fans as I didn't hear any negativity, a bit of frustration at times but we were vocal and have a new song for him.

All good apart from the couple of bottle throwing idiots.  They got a mouthful from plenty around them.
Yeah, I did a double take when I heard that and had to listen again. I'm sure you're right though, he must have thought Hawes was asking about the home fans. The away support was excellent once again and totally behind the team throughout...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: