Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22923 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:52:42 »

Had our chance to get back into it, but blew it. Our defence was surprisingly fragile today. Not sure any of the subs improved us tbh.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:53:30 »

Credit to Simpson

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:54:16 »

Simpson the only real good point for me today.

Wollacott made some decent saves but his distribution not quite up to its normal standard, Gilbert made some good moves too. JML looked quite eager when he came on. Williams ran around a lot but kept occupying the same space as Payne wanted to be in.

The rest need a fucking good bollocking.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:54:43 »

Credit to Simpson
Lack of service to him.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:55:13 »

missed everything today except the odd peak on here. he seem to be setup this season to win by a goal. if we concede we have issues. I can't see us ever being smashed but can't see us giving one out. we need our midfield to step up with some goals otherwise this season will fizzle
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:56:07 »

A deserved win for Port Vale. We were poor today.

A poor day at the office? We've defended well until today. I know the rest was shit as well, but I was surprised to see us defending so poorly.

Another pre-season game ticked off the list. I just hope we learned from it.

Oh, and while I think Gladwin's a good player, he needs to have a word with himself. I reckon it would do him well if he was dropped for a while.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:58:19 »

missed everything today except the odd peak on here. he seem to be setup this season to win by a goal. if we concede we have issues. I can't see us ever being smashed but can't see us giving one out. we need our midfield to step up with some goals otherwise this season will fizzle

We need to get the balance right in midfield. We have a lot of midfielders but a lot of similar midfielders.

We appear to have similar players who like to occupy the same space who just end up getting in each other’s space.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 15:59:41 »

A deserved win for Port Vale. We were poor today.

A poor day at the office? We've defended well until today. I know the rest was shit as well, but I was surprised to see us defending so poorly.

Oh, and while I think Gladwin's a good player, he needs to have a word with himself. I reckon it would do him well if he was dropped for a while.

I think that Gladwin was needed for his height, but midfield was shapeless.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:00:42 »

Not sure we can use the "pre season" as an excuse any more, last season we had 9 pre season games this season we had 5 so maybe after the first 4 or 5 we could say that, not so much now we are 9 games in.

It was just a bad day at the office with too many experienced players having off days, we did however miss "The General" in midfield.

I agree on Gladwin, hes just not been at the races the last few weeks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:00:52 »

Simpson the only real good point for me today.

Wollacott made some decent saves but his distribution not quite up to its normal standard, Gilbert made some good moves too. JML looked quite eager when he came on. Williams ran around a lot but kept occupying the same space as Payne wanted to be in.

The rest need a fucking good bollocking.

This, in a nutshell.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:03:21 »

Honest opinion is I don’t think you get the quality of players at this level to play how Garner wants so going to be interesting to see if he’s able to adjust his setup.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:03:49 »

Lucky to be still in it at H.T,  The manager got the wrong mix and Port Vale proved that the win at Forest Green wasn't a fluke.
Flashheart

« Reply #297 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:05:47 »

Not sure we can use the "pre season" as an excuse any more, last season we had 9 pre season games this season we had 5 so maybe after the first 4 or 5 we could say that, not so much now we are 9 games in.

I don't think we can count our pre season, pre season games considering it was mostly youths playing in them. I started the count at 0 on our first league game.

Regardless, I said I'll give it 10 before the season kicked off and I'm sticking to it.

I do think today might have a silver lining. We've been riding our luck a bit and today should hopefully give them a much needed kick up the ass. The manager included.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:07:25 »

Honest opinion is I don’t think you get the quality of players at this level to play how Garner wants so going to be interesting to see if he’s able to adjust his setup.

I’m not sure that’s the issue. I think we are capable of playing that way to a certain extent / standard.

The issues arise when the opposition counter that by pressing us hard. We stubbornly stick to our play and seemingly have no plan / room for manoeuvre.

In this league you are probably better off being 65% good on the ball and 35% good at the more agricultural style of play than being 100% & 0% respectively
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:12:43 »

Just like Carlisle the best team won. PV were well organised, worked hard and didn't let the Town settle on the ball.
A simple plan and it works. We don't win the 50 50s and when Simpson hit the upright who was waiting to knock in the rebound? PV second goal was just that. A rebound fired back in.
The moral of this story work hard and attack with intent

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: