Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22747 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 09:36:16 »

This looks to be a tough game, with Vale looking good on their travels lately with a draw at Stevenage and a 2-0 win at FGR.

0-2 Att: 8,843 (487 away)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 11:29:44 »

6 points from 6 games leaves them firmly in the lower half of the table. They seem to score more away than they do at home atm.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 12:14:06 »

I'm always surprised how many they bring down, coming from the smallest place to have a league club.

(For Reg)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 12:35:33 »

Port Vale haven't won at Swindon since 2005 when they beat us 2-1, in home games we have suffered 1 defeat and 3 draws in the last 12 meetings. In those 12 games Town have scored 28 times with just 7 in reply.

In that run we have scored 6 goals once and 5 goals twice.

Currently Port Vale sit in 17th place with just 1 victory in the first 6 league games scoring 5 and conceding 5 goals with 3 games drawn and 2 defeats. They suffered 2 defeast in their 2 cup games so far too making it 1 win and 4 defeats from their first 9 in total.

Their only win came at high flying FGR 2 weeks ago with a 2-0 win at

Their leading scorer so far is the lanky Jamie Proctor on 4 goals, all his goals came in 2 games.

They don't normally travel in any large numbers with their average over the last 6 visits being well under 300, so I expect them to bring probably around their average of around 250 fans.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 8,345 fans with 275 Vale fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 12:40:19 »

I'm always surprised how many they bring down, coming from the smallest place to have a league club.

(For Reg)
That was the case until FGR entered the league with a town population of under 6,000 while Burslem is a huge 24,000 by comparison.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 13:14:52 »

1-0 home win

Att: 7,978

Nothing to see here
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:19:09 »

That was the case until FGR entered the league with a town population of under 6,000 while Burslem is a huge 24,000 by comparison.

Ooh, shall we do this? FGR isn't the club based in the town with the smallest population, and Burslem wasn't before that. You know who is of course...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:35:26 »

Go for it, I read that FGR is the lowest town population to support an EFL club currently and before that Burslem for Port Vale held the title.

Please enlighten me....

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:43:35 »

Brighton play in Falmer, population 284, if we are getting that silly.

edit:  I googled to check the population,  but remembered their move was very out of Town.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:44:16 »

Go for it, I read that FGR is the lowest town population to support an EFL club currently and before that Burslem for Port Vale held the title.

Please enlighten me....

Clue: this club sits in the heart of a community of 284 souls, and (sponsors apart) the stadium bears the name of the charming little village. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:46:40 »

Interestingly, FGR's proposed new stadium would see them move to a smaller Village, but not beat Brighton.  Eastington had a population of 1,567.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:50:34 »

I discounted Falmer mainly for this reason "While the stadium lies completely within Brighton and Hove, part of the north-east of the site is in Lewes.".

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:51:21 »

Brighton play in Falmer, population 284, if we are getting that silly.

Boo! If it was good enough to beat Reg in an argument, I'm having it.

And if we're talking technicalities, how is it worse than considering a borough of Stoke as if it was an entirely independent town?

Of course, Reg then revised his argument to say that Burslem was the smallest town when BPV joined the league, and he was wrong again.

*sigh* it's almost like having him back.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 14:55:27 »

I discounted Falmer mainly for this reason "While the stadium lies completely within Brighton and Hove, part of the north-east of the site is in Lewes.".

So you see the folly of starting an argument based on the minimum administrative entity, rather than borough or district etc. It was the one time I like to think I bested Reg. Though he continues to beg to differ.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 15:24:46 »

So you see the folly of starting an argument based on the minimum administrative entity, rather than borough or district etc. It was the one time I like to think I bested Reg. Though he continues to beg to differ.

Which is why they had such problems getting permission to build as Lewes kept saying no
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: