Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ronaldo returns to Man Utd  (Read 8474 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 10:28:06 »

A poster above expressed a dislike for fantasy football. I still loves it even after nearly 30 years of playing it.

Nothing to see here
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 10:35:18 »

No problem with fantasy football myself, what grips my shit is people who think others are going to be interested in their lineup
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 10:44:23 »

People are interested in eachothers line ups, you aren't and that's fine, but why should it annoy you?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 13:27:40 »

I’m in my forties now, a lot annoys me
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 13:35:33 »

Some Portuguese twat has resigned for those Manchester cunts in red?
Meh.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 14:00:13 »

Some Portuguese twat has resigned for those Manchester cunts in red?
Meh.

Yep,who the fuck cares on here?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 14:07:46 »

I read that as resigned rather than re-signed and was left slightly puzzled.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:38:00 »

I watched the last 15 minutes or so of the Portugal v Ireland game last night. (the wife is Irish so had a small interest) When I switched it on Ronaldo had gone down as if an Irish defender had caught him in the face. Seamus Coleman wasn't happy about it and said something to Ronaldo - I assume it was for him to stop milking it - Ronaldo threw his arms in the air and you could almost visually sense he wasn't going to take any of that shit.

After that, he was coming deep, starting attacks and needless to say he scored the equaliser with a solid header on 89 minutes and with literally the last action in the match, scored another header. I am no fan at all of him but on the pitch he is phenomenal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:40:22 »

I only saw his goals on the news this morning but the sacrifices he must make to keep his body in that shape at his age.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 08:47:54 »

I only saw his goals on the news this morning but the sacrifices he must make to keep his body in that shape at his age.

I think a lot of his drive was a determination to make his family proud of him. He looked up to his father but he was an alcoholic and died in 2005. I believe this was why Ronaldo never touched alcohol himself and why he strove to become as good as he has been.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:21:15 »

I think a lot of his drive was a determination to make his family proud of him. He looked up to his father but he was an alcoholic and died in 2005. I believe this was why Ronaldo never touched alcohol himself and why he strove to become as good as he has been.

Quite possibly they wouldn’t be proud of him getting a bit handsy in recent years (allegedly)

Gone a bit quiet on that front recently

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:34:21 »

Quite possibly they wouldn’t be proud of him getting a bit handsy in recent years (allegedly)

Gone a bit quiet on that front recently

Not so recent, it was 12 years ago.

The fact that the story in the German press is still up and has not been taken down following litigation by his people can be interpreted in various ways.... Last I saw in the summer was that he way trying to get the case struck out?

As for the transfer it will either go swimmingly or be a total shit show, I am not sure how Man Utd set up but he did barely anything resembling defending from the front at Juve, so if they can accommodate a simple no.9 who just finishes chances then should be fine, if their set up needs more who knows. Its going to be a dressing room of ego's that's going to take some managing if nowt else.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 09:43:04 »

Not so recent, it was 12 years ago.

The fact that the story in the German press is still up and has not been taken down following litigation by his people can be interpreted in various ways.... Last I saw in the summer was that he way trying to get the case struck out?

As for the transfer it will either go swimmingly or be a total shit show, I am not sure how Man Utd set up but he did barely anything resembling defending from the front at Juve, so if they can accommodate a simple no.9 who just finishes chances then should be fine, if their set up needs more who knows. Its going to be a dressing room of ego's that's going to take some managing if nowt else.

It's a shame that Mason Greenwood, who looks like he could be a future England star might now be behind in the pecking order to a 36 year old.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:01:53 »

Same with Rashford when fit

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:36:40 »

It's a shame that Mason Greenwood, who looks like he could be a future England star might now be behind in the pecking order to a 36 year old.

He'll play right of the 3 like he did second half Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: