Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afghan lives matter  (Read 20663 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 20, 2021, 22:10:14 »

What about any country in the World? Lots of critics of the west but the west always jumps in to help.

Interested to see the data supporting your conclusions

Nothing to see here
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 20, 2021, 22:16:52 »

Fuck me sideways... it costs nothing to not be a cunt, some people on here really should try it once in a while. We helped fuck their country over, the very least we can do is offer some help. You want politics kept out of football, cool, no poppies for you I take it? No minutes silence before the game before armistice day?

MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 20, 2021, 23:21:06 »

Fuck me sideways... it costs nothing to not be a cunt, some people on here really should try it once in a while. We helped fuck their country over, the very least we can do is offer some help. You want politics kept out of football, cool, no poppies for you I take it? No minutes silence before the game before armistice day?

Say it louder sir.

Well said.  Clap
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 00:52:22 »

How exactly did we "fuck their country over"? It's a shit show now for but that's down to leaving. How have the past 20 years been compared to Taliban rule back in the 90s?
Perhaps you should spare a thought for the British troops who didn't come home.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 00:56:48 by 4D » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 01:10:27 »

Essentially America "created" the Taliban.

Anyway, I'm certain JayBox will be working on an Afghanistan themed tifo as we speak.

Which will cause considerable uproar (no Jed included), only for it to be the size of a postage stamp  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 05:30:43 »

Flags at football will never directly change anything, but normalising a culture of solidarity and caring will. Eventually.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 06:04:20 »

Flags at football will never directly change anything, but normalising a culture of solidarity and caring will. Eventually.

This.
I don't particularly see the point of the flags, but 'keep politics out of football'? Explain to me exactly how you do that. Politics is about life. That's why we all get so angry about it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 07:10:11 »

The problem with banners at football - nonfootball related - purports that everybody at a game agrees with whatever sentiment is on that banner. Agreement by association. It fucking stinks.

If people want to support a ‘cause’ that’s fine. March through the streets, go to Downing Street, whatever.

I fucking hate these do-gooders that actually DO absolutely fuck all.
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 08:59:34 »

I don't buy the 'keep it out of football' excuse. It's utter bollocks. Fans should be free to express themselves.

What difference does it make to you if somebody else has a flag? How does it affect your enjoyment of the game because other people want to show support? Are you being forced to care about it yourself? Are they taking money out of your pocket? Is there any discernible effect on your life whatsoever?

If you're offended because other people want to wave a flag then good - be offended. I hope it ruins your fucking day.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:01:40 by Flashheart » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:04:01 »

Why get het up about flags and possibly being 'guilty by association'
(due to that piece of cloth possibly being in your vacinity) if you do not attend matches?

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:20:33 »

I don't buy the 'keep it out of football' excuse. It's utter bollocks. Fans should be free to express themselves.

What difference does it make to you if somebody else has a flag? How does it affect your enjoyment of the game because other people want to show support? Are you being forced to care about it yourself? Are they taking money out of your pocket? Is there any discernible effect on your life whatsoever?

If you're offended because other people want to wave a flag then good - be offended. I hope it ruins your fucking day.

And that's not directed specifically at anybody here but in general.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:22:46 »

I’m not getting het up in the least. What pisses me off are people who say they support some cause or another but actually do absolutely fuck all to help other than some wanky banner.

Take the banner on a march for all to see, go help out at a charity. Do something that might make a jot of difference.

It’s not the banner per se, it’s the empty gesture behind it. Back it up with some action.
Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:26:02 »

What pisses me off are people who say they support some cause or another but actually do absolutely fuck all to help other than some wanky banner.

Why?

WTF is it doing to harm you or anybody else? It's an entirely harmless gesture and a ridiculous thing to get pissed off over.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:34:38 »

It's all a bit Jaybox.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 09:38:08 »

The problem with Jaybox is that he was a sanctimonious twat about it. I was quite supportive of him until he started acting like a massive bellend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: