Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34164 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 11:54:15 »

When you look at Salfords & FGR's attendances, it makes you realise that money cannot buy you fans....

Seen on twitter that Gloucester City had a higher attendance.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:07:25 »

When you look at Salfords & FGR's attendances, it makes you realise that money cannot buy you fans....

But if they got in the prem you'd see FGR shirts in various towns and cities in and down the country  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:08:23 »

Seen on twitter that Gloucester City had a higher attendance.

Wasn't it their first game back at the ground for donkeys years which would explain why it was high, no excuse for FGR though.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:10:35 »

Yep but the FGR local pop consists of a couple of thousand people, some sheep, and a horse called Ned.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:14:12 »

Yep but the FGR local pop consists of a couple of thousand people, some sheep, and a horse called Ned.

and a bunch of people that already support Swindon.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:14:44 »

That too
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:19:36 »

Wasn't it their first game back at the ground for donkeys years which would explain why it was high, no excuse for FGR though.
Nah, this is their second season and although not officially had a few matches with fans last season when non league were exempt from restrictions. Despite having been nomads since 2007 they just still have a bigger fanbase than the likes of Ecotricity FC and probably would have won the league last season had it not been curtailed.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:21:39 by theakston2k » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:38:17 »

Not sure what I'd do if Gloucester City got into the league - Always believe you should support your local team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:42:04 »

Not sure what I'd do if Gloucester City got into the league - Always believe you should support your local team.

Move to Swindon? Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #324 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 12:46:37 »

You cant support your local team if they become a league club just because they have entered the league, you support the team you have always supported.

I lived in Yeovil when they entered the league and yes fair play to them but I would and could never support them, I couldn't even support Chard or Axminster if they rose up the leagues, I may go along for the odd neutral game but never ever change or add an allegiance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #325 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 13:02:16 »

A couple of views from the couple of Salford fans on a forum with few posters.
I've just looked at the league table and can't believe that Swindon are third! Based on what I saw of them yesterday, and the other teams we've faced so far, I can only say that this is again a division of very ordinary teams. Without being anything special ourselves we outpointed them in every department with our main failing being again being our failure to convert our chances.

I also said earlier that all teams have to do against us is to get the ball on target and that was proved then case again. Swindon had a solitary shot on target, and scored from it. For a neutral, they could look at our game and see some nice tippy-tapping football on the edge of the opponents box, and think it just didn’t run for us today.

Swindon we're certainly well versed in the art of 'sh*thousery' with their time wasting, falling to the ground at every opportunity and pinching countless yards at throw ins which a weak referee did little to prevent.

I see Swindon fans are getting their knickers in a twist where their garden gnome number 20 went to ground after supposedly being put there by GB as he attempted to waste even more time than his side were already doing. Looking at the incident shows GB putting two arms out but it's actually a coming together of the pair of them with Ibou Touray that actually grounds him. The reaction by their manager was laughable and his players embarrassing and designed purely to disrupt the game even further.

As for the comment about GB putting 2 arms out in front of Williams, I think you are very wrong judging by the evidence.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 13:08:23 »

Not sure what they'd do to be honest. The whole ground is designed with non-league in mind including the 4G pitch. The way they've built the sub-base due the raising of the ground to prevent flooding would make it really difficult to put a grass pitch in, which would obviously be a massive obstacle to league football.
Flashheart

« Reply #327 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 13:09:06 »

It's a bit weird to try and deny that was a push.

I don't think we played well, but we're not in 3rd because of 1 game only.

Also, teams not playing well against a Bowyer team is something that Bowyer does well. I remember it being the same with Bradford when he was there. Other teams, including us, we're struggling to get going against them but still getting the points. Bowyer seems effective at stopping other teams from playing but not much else.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #328 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 13:15:27 »

Wollacott named in the team of the week 2nd time in a row. Deservedly.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, August 23, 2021, 13:17:54 »

Some sour grapes there  Cheesy
You have to laugh that some tool judges us on the one game they've seen us play. Probably our worst performance this season, yet Salford still lost  Wink Should worry more about their own side.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: