Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21280 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 23:28:32 »

no KKH tomorrow, the best Town player Saturday. We've got nothing in the last third and difficult to see where the goals might come from, plus the football was uninspiring.
Early days, so none of the above matters too much.
However, I'm going for another 2-1 defeat and 5,800

We've scored four goals in two league games thus far - not bad for a team who had players starting the Scunthorpe game who had 45 minutes in the tank from pre-season.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 06:26:30 »

3-2  town simpson to get of the mark  with payne and mckirdy tonight in front of 6500 crowd.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 06:34:56 »

3-1 home win.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:19:06 »

2-0 home win,7250 att.

No one is Innocent...
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:25:18 »

My first game since FGR in 2020. Missed Carlisle due to being best man at a wedding across the country. Cannot wait to be in the county ground again. Win, lose or draw it will be nice to be back to normal.

I reckon 1-1 as we have a decent record against Tranmere, but they are yet to concede, so the two will cancel each other out.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:40:05 »

3-0 to us. Optimistic for this one :-)
MCRRed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:46:30 »

Ever the optimist so I’ll go 2-1 Town with Simpson and Payne getting the goals. Att 7,200
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:59:40 »

I'm not gonna be in the stadium until just before half time at best due to work, so all the good shit will happen before then...

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:24:05 »

On to football matters. Looking forward to this again.
Hoping Johnny Williams makes an appearance at some part of the game.

White Hart roundabout closed I understand, detour for me.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:37:47 »

Shut for 3 months so either join the A419 southbound (at the white hart roundabout) and come off at the commonhead roundabout then go pass the hospital - Queens Drive or cut through South Marston and follow the Swindon Road through Stratton towards Greenbridge.

So, give no fucks
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:40:51 »

they coned off 1 lane from commonhead to coate yesterday,total clusterfuck, avoid or leave early mate Angry

No one is Innocent...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:42:41 »

Fascinated to see how Jonny Williams will get on at this level. Surely he should shine.

Anthony Grant v Jay Spearing should be a good battle in midfield.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:52:18 »

In equal measure I so looked forward to the Carlisle game and dreading this evening’s. Not about the result but the affirmation we’re set for fanny football at the back - flicks and attempted show passes in areas where clearing your lines should be the priority.

The fact is, most opposition team aren’t that good and if an agricultural clearance or 2 gives the ball back we’ll get it back soon enough to build again.

What’s set in my mind was under Luke Williams and being 2-1 up against Oldham, I think, with a couple of minutes to go and some fancy ass flick got misdirected and they equalised. That one, in particular, really fucked me off.

Perhaps my nerves are shot!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:16:56 »

In equal measure I so looked forward to the Carlisle game and dreading this evening’s. Not about the result but the affirmation we’re set for fanny football at the back - flicks and attempted show passes in areas where clearing your lines should be the priority.

The fact is, most opposition team aren’t that good and if an agricultural clearance or 2 gives the ball back we’ll get it back soon enough to build again.

What’s set in my mind was under Luke Williams and being 2-1 up against Oldham, I think, with a couple of minutes to go and some fancy ass flick got misdirected and they equalised. That one, in particular, really fucked me off.

Perhaps my nerves are shot!

So basically what you are saying is.......

Get it Fooorrrwwwaaarrrddd.....  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:24:53 »

Not at all. I’m saying be a bit more pragmatic at the back and not think every pass has to be a ‘Barcelona’ flick in a dangerous area. If we’re not bring pressed closely, by all means play it out, but if some hairy arsed lower league halfwit is breathing down your neck, get rid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: