McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 1 (1.6%)
Parsons - 1 (1.6%)
Aguiar - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Carlisle U MoM  (Read 4741 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:05:56 »

Predictably frustrating - individuals rather than a team, some of them virtually invisible. Will be marks for effort rather than achievement today.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:07:36 »

I went for Payne.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:14:02 »

Difficult one. Wollacot, McKirdy, Iandolo and KKH were the only ones who performed!

Think I'll go for Wollacott.

Wollacott 7
Two good saves and an awesome claim under pressure from a cross. Couldnt do a lot about the goals. Looked solid

Hunt 6
Pegged back and struggled with his defensive duties. We looked so much better when Iandolo came on

Critchlow 6
Did well for his goal. Distribution was abysmal. Prefer to see Baudry with the ball at his feet – and he scares me!

Conroy 5
Climbed high to head down for the goal. Passing abysmal. Glenn Hoddle you are not!

KKH 7
Should never have been sent off. So, so quick. Defended very well. Got in so many superb and dangerous positions. Can’t believe he blasted 5-6 chances over the bar and chipped the keeper to put it wide.

Reed 4
Far too deep for the whole game. How can we have 5 players passing it around in between their 2 CFs? Good delivery for the head down for the goal. One other good pass I noted. But nothing else! Grant plays the position much better

Grant 6
Started well. But then seemed to be in the same position as Reed. Broke up play there. Second half he was push out right where he was ineffective.

Payne 6
Bright in spells, but not as dangerous as he should be.

Gladwin 4
He had a shot. He overhit a cross. He did nothing else.

Simpson 5
Poor. Couldn’t hold the ball up. Controlled it once then shot when he should have passed.

McKirdy 7
He was the only creative person on the park! Had to come far too deep to get the ball. Looked a different player later in the match when Iandolo came on.

Subs:
Parsons 6.5
Thought he put himself about a bit and drew a defender to create space for others.

Iandolo 7
Threatened down the left, which Hunt didn’t. Brought McKirdy back into the game.

Anguiar -
Only on for a couple of mins

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:14:45 »

We were poor, Carlisle were average but made to look better. Can't see them challenging tbh.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:48:34 »

2 votes for Critchlowe? What fucking game was I watching? Nobody really sparkled but Critchlowe, reall?

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:51:15 »

I wouldn't go for Critchlow either, he made too many mistakes. (Which is understandable).

But he did defend well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 17:22:22 »

Kkh, if you ignore the final ball/shooting
Redhouses

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 17:56:41 »

KKH for me (barring the sending off and a couple of misses!), I thought he looked very good, quick, good feet and got involved high up the pitch. Payne had a good first half, I’m not sure about Simpson, he did t do much at all, no shots from what I could see - start Parsons instead
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 18:11:51 »

McKirdy did nothing until Iandolo came on. I went for Payne because he was the only one looking to try and make something happen it seems, dropping deep to get the ball etc. I know he wasn't captain but I thought he showed leadership today.

Crichlow could spend 90 mins winning headers it seems (he basically did that today) but it's where they go he needs to work on, I think.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 18:36:46 »

i went for Crichlow as i thought he looked our best defender,looked comfortable on the ball and good in the air,funny how people see the game differently,i got more and more frustrated with Mcgready as the game went on,seems like a luxury player we don't need at the moment,and he's got a man bun,so minus points for that straight away,anyway,on to Tranmere. Pint

No one is Innocent...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 18:37:18 »

yeah I thought McGreedy had some good touches but was ultimately ineffective
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:21:38 »

Really? McKirdy was the one playing KKH in most of the time. He had no service and noone to pass it too much of the time. He looked better towards the end because of the interaction with Iandolo and Parsons.

Simpson didn't show for him. Gladwin didn't get into the game and Reed was so deep he was nearly in goal!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:28:28 »

KKH 7
Should never have been sent off. So, so quick. Defended very well. Got in so many superb and dangerous positions. Can’t believe he blasted 5-6 chances over the bar and chipped the keeper to put it wide.

Not read the match day thread yet so I may be alone in this opinion but I thought they were two blatant yellows and he was deservedly sent off. His post match apology seems to back this up.

That said, he was by far our biggest threat and for that he gets my vote. Looks a superb talent.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:30:19 »

yeah I thought McGreedy had some good touches but was ultimately ineffective
An extremely wasteful display, improved slightly towards the end but I thought he constantly ran into trouble and looked lost most of the time.

How much of that was down to the system and the support (or lack of) around him, time will tell.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:39:05 »

An extremely wasteful display, improved slightly towards the end but I thought he constantly ran into trouble and looked lost most of the time.

How much of that was down to the system and the support (or lack of) around him, time will tell.

McKirdy has something, and he came to life once Iandolo came on and offered a forward threat out wide.  I think Hunt stays back far more at left back and as a result their right back could just sit knowing McKirdy would have no real support and run out of circles top go in.  I presume Hunt will switch to right back, so Iandolo may start the next game and offer a bit more.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: