McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 1 (1.6%)
Parsons - 1 (1.6%)
Aguiar - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Carlisle U MoM  (Read 4745 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:51:28 »

Crichton, KKH and Parsons were the only ones that performed to their high levels. Bit disappointed that garner left it so late to fix the midfield as for the first 60 minutes it was non existent
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 00:03:45 »

I think what is more shocking, is the seemingly endless iterations of Crichlow that have already appeared on the TEF (and no doubt elsewhere). Even though RF has provided the correct spelling too!

"Paolo. It's Paolo."

SingingIffy, no excuse for essentially naming Michael Crichton as one of our players though. He'll be good for a few books I guess...might come in handy for Woolacott whilst Town become HMS Piss The League. As long as the whales don't come Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:18:56 »

I listened to the Carlisle commentary on ifollow - sounded like they knew of Crichlow from Huddersfield and mentioned he’s been sent here to learn how to play out from the back - if that’s the case then despite his mistakes he was still pretty solid.

Commentators also had a lot of opinions on Gardener - he’s trying to be the next Pep’, got sacked at Bristol Rovers’, ‘I don’t think the players believe in him or the system’…

They seemed to ‘know’ an awful lot and it was good to see Crichlow score the goal in a manner more a-kin to a striker.

First home game nerves. I think. More to come from newly signed players. Still feel very confident - especially if we can get a striker or two this week
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:54:55 »

Garner its Garner  Cheesy

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:35:53 »

NMH pretty spot on for me, except: KKH two clear yellows; Payne better than McKirdy I thought; certainly for fist 60 minutes; he was trying to make things happen. McKirdy just dribbles and then nothing, although later in the game McK was better.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:37:48 »

Garner its Garner  Cheesy
Autocorrect, it’s autocorrect!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:50:39 »

Everyone did ok.
Room for improvement for all of them.

Not sure I'd want a rookie right back to end up as the star man this season.
Hopefully someone will take him to one side and work on the decision making in the box.
The lad has an impressive leap on him.

Good 30 minutes from Iandolo.
Put some good crosses in.
Would like to see him kept at left back and hopefully the defensive side of his game will then improve.

McKirdy was more of a threat when he moved inside and played a bit closer to Simpson.
Simpson is ok, could have scored in each of the three games. Looks isolated at times though.
The link up play and understanding between the front 4 should improve with each game.

Crichlow was very good again as was the keeper.

Voted for Payne.
Thought that he was the most consistent over the 90 mins.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 18:33:17 »

I voted Critchlow. Home league debut playing alongside a shaky centre half and finished the hame looking the more experienced. I would have voted Kesler but can't excuse that diving and the silly lunge at the end. He is here to learn though and we have to expect these things
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 18:04:13 »

Am still in two minds about McKirdy, but as already said he needs to get a hair cut and also pull his socks up. I reckon he thinks he is a bit of a Geroge Best, danger is he might turn into Pete Best.  And I thought shin pads were compulsory, looks like he doesn't wear them, fashion icon that he is.

As I say though, obvious sartorial criticisms aside, am open minded on him, think there could be a good player in there trying to get out.

No one kills a thread like me....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: