Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Head vs Heart  (Read 6721 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 14:58:09 »

With some of them not having had much of a pre-season I think fitness will catch us out for a few games until they get match fit and start to bond as a squad, with a few decent additions, mainly at the front and back I'd see us holding mid table, but depending what position we are come January a few decent and shrewd additions then it may see us looking upwards.

I see us struggling for a good few games though.

There are so many unknowns, the manager after his showing at Rovers has a lot to prove, but could be a real good coach, the players left over from last season have a new lease of life and clean slate, and the loans so far look promising.

I'll review my thoughts when the transfer windows slams shut.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 15:45:43 »

I've never understood the "Oooh let's not get carried away" mentality. To me that's the whole point of being a football fan. There are so many shit times as a fan, when it looks like the good times may have come back again you have to embrace it and milk it for all it's worth.

I totally get the point that we're very much behind the 8-ball all in terms of pre-season and squad is decidedly thin on the ground. This may well lead to a somewhat patchy start but we have some very decent players for this level of football and it's a long old season. I can see us being somewhere around the playoffs next May.

To publicly state that survival is the aim is exactly how Clem/Rob/Ben should be managing expectations. As has been said though, there's no way they would have said that to the lad from Aston villa or to Odimeyo.

Let the endless Rollercoaster ride continue 😉

Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 15:47:51 »

Also why are Rovers fancied? They were worse than us last year, and have the same management team.
They may not have the same management team for much longer!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 16:01:19 »

I thought this was a fred about Bert Head v Paul Hart and went into it thinking this will be a piece of piss to decide!

I reckon the Town will start slow/struggle but build up momentum going into the Jan Transfer Window sitting around mid-table. I think that transfer window will be key. By then a good chunk of financial limitations should be dealt with/gone/agreed and the finishing position objective may change as the management aim to grab play-offs (maybe even better).

Personally, I think Town will end up 9th or 10th on a pretty strong finish. We'll likely be reflecting short term  in rueing the delayed pre-season/slow start. However, the long term will be pointing towards a target of auto promotion in the following season.

Come on you mighty fucking reds!  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: