Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Head vs Heart  (Read 6768 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:37:13 »

I don’t think our back line looks remotely solid and I can’t see whose going to put the ball on the back of net.

If Grant signs - midfield looks ok, fairly creative. No one to get on the end of those chances yet.

I hope to be proved wrong but I have no faith in the players from last season that were rubbish and/or injury prone to suddenly come good
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:37:37 »

What O_T_R said. Hope the fans give the new regime some leeway. Would be happy to finish mid table, with clear signs that we'll challenge next season.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:43:40 by AMayesIng » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:37:49 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
Also why are Rovers fancied? They were worse than us last year, and have the same management team.

let's hope Barton doesn't get sacked Smiley
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:40:14 »

I don’t think our back line looks remotely solid and I can’t see whose going to put the ball on the back of net.

If Grant signs - midfield looks ok, fairly creative. No one to get on the end of those chances yet.

I hope to be proved wrong but I have no faith in the players from last season that were rubbish and/or injury prone to suddenly come good

I think you are right ‘Div.

I think we will be adding some additions who may be star loan players in a workman team. I sense a mid table finish.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:48:07 »

I think we will be slogging it out in the bottom 4 until November and then push on, expect to see us lower to midtable by feb/march and then, who knows..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:55:30 »

You're writing off Simpson without him having played a league game for us? And Benda, Caddis and Fryers aside, that back 4 is a good proportion of our title winning season defence...

Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:58:10 »

I crave mid table obscurity, but I do that every season
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:04:14 »

As corny as it is I'm just relieved and excited to have some football back. I think we'll have enough to stay up, and that's all I'm hoping for. Anything else is a bonus.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:04:50 »

We're gonna piss it!

Parsons is the next Austin
Simpson the next single season Barn Door Billy.

Well score so many goals that it won't matter if we have a soft defence. Anyway, JoJo Goalio will save as much as Kovar didn't!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:10:40 »

Heart every time for me - until proven otherwise.

I reckon we’ve got a top 7 1st XI but very little back up - at the moment.

I’m looking forward to winning a cup game or 2, as well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:13:11 »

We're gonna piss it!

Parsons is the next Austin
Simpson the next single season Barn Door Billy.

Well score so many goals that it won't matter if we have a soft defence. Anyway, JoJo Goalio will save as much as Kovar didn't!
Obviously a huge amount of sarcasm is detected, for HMS piss the league!

Parsons is far more like Twine than Austin and is not really a natural goal scorer but likes to play behind the striker.

Simpson reminds me of a young Jon Obika, strong, big, good control and decent pace and dribble but doesnt have the best shot from what I am told by my Ipswich supporting mate. But he needs games to get his confidence up in front of goal and in L2 lots of goals are bundled in from 6 yards so who knows.

KKH looks to be the real deal and add on a couple of other youngsters and I think we will surprise teams who all seem to think we are in this league to make the numbers up going by their forums.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:21:32 »

Yes. Head says struggle to begin with, but hope to come on strong in the second half of the year. Think mid table but hoping to sneak into the playoffs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:30:09 »

You're writing off Simpson without him having played a league game for us? And Benda, Caddis and Fryers aside, that back 4 is a good proportion of our title winning season defence...

Simpson is unproven at best. He might turn out to be an absolute beast but you’d be foolish to pin your goal scoring hopes on a 19 year old with 4 pro games under his belt.

Let’s not forget that he’s arguably our only striker at the moment.

Baudry is done and Conroy is more often injured than not & Hunt hasn’t had a good game for about 18 months. Again, loved to be proved wrong but don’t have much hope in our (current) back line returning to their form of 2 years ago...
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:48:50 »

Given the details about quite how much of a shitshow last season was from a coaching & management perspective I'm inclined to give all of last year's players a free pass on a season that's best forgotten.
Hunt is a great example - really impressed with him under Wellens and then looked a shadow of the same player last year.

This season will be made or broken on injuries and how many of our first team can play the majority of games. If we get through relatively unscathed then I'm quite optimistic of a top half finish, but that's a big if.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:59:16 »

Hunt as well suffered a serious back injury which seems to have taken a long time to get over, as you state he looked really good in L2 under Wellens so hopefully he will come back stronger again now he is fit again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: