Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In  (Read 13517 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:35:06 »

Virtually every Supplier has not been paid.
I know one with a sizeable debt. Power cleared the shelves without doubt.
Just thankful the scumbag has gone.

and to think some believed that a boycott would just hurt the club and not Power.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:37:52 »

I presume there is no law against him taking every penny out of the club for his own use. As long as he pays tax or whatever on it. Wasn’t the fat fucker squealing about capital gains tax as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:42:14 »

he was when he tried to rob Clem of the value of the shares her bought (the 15%)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:43:18 »

If there's been a change in ownership etc. does that mean our pukka pie catering contract is finally over and I can get a decent cup of tea that doesn't taste like someone's filled it from the sink at the back of the kitchen that's got all the dirty dishes in it?

Jed sold that off for a roaring ten years, didn't he? In the first batch of asset stripping. That contract must be up in a year or two.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:44:06 »

Jed sold that off for a roaring ten years, didn't he? In the first batch of asset stripping. That contract must be up in a year or two.

I think I heard that contract managed to become annulled somehow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:44:32 »

There are new caterers, i think the people who do the food outside the ground have taken it all over
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:45:29 »

Well, that’s the point. If he hasn’t paid anyone for a year it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where it’s gone.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with the highest ticket price and one of the highest attendances in the league but lowest budget for years that he was pocketing money left, right and centre either, but most of our fan base still operated on a see no evil basis.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:47:23 »

to be fair I thought that was going to be the reality of self sufficiency.

until I realised self sufficiency meant power could live  it up without spending his own money allegedly on things like high class hookers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:48:22 »

to be fair I thought that was going to be the reality of self sufficiency.

until I realised self sufficiency meant power could live  it up without spending his own money allegedly on things like high class hookers
Depends if you class £20 an hour as high class.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:49:55 »

There are new caterers, i think the people who do the food outside the ground have taken it all over

That is a good sign as their food is much better.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:51:58 »

Power warned in February that he wouldn't have enough money to pay wages etc after the end of March

He also later told the judge he had money to fund until September and then promptly stopped paying everyone at the first opportunity.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:54:28 »

If everything that we think he has done actually turns out to be true I think this maybe LPs last venture as a company director for a while

He should never really been allowed to takeover after a failed programme company and involvement in the demise of Cambridge, Luton and Rushden & Diamonds while he always seems to come out with money and smelling of roses.

Unfortunately as I understand it the fit and proper persons test does nothing but check if you have access to funds to run a club in the short term. It's pretty worthless.

You wonder how many clubs need to suffer at the hands of people like this before The FA impose bans.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 11:59:37 »

So what criteria do the EFL use to try and weed out the wrong ‘uns - especially as the EFL is, essentially, the club’s themselves.

Best thing is for any prospective new owner has to lodge a bond that covers, say, 6 months wages and mandatory publishing of full accounts.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 12:52:21 »

Don't forget that if it wasn't for those pesky kids Morfuni and Standing, Power would have left the accounts showing  the Matt Ritchie fee as money he'd loaned the business and be trying to get it twice.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 13:20:27 »

The one on the corner of the Arkells and TE? Thank god, their food and drink is wayyyy better. Best news to come out of all this.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 13:46:16 by Honkytonk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: