Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In  (Read 13499 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 08:08:05 »

Clem Morfuni, thinking this must be a trap - "all cheeses, how's that?"

Rob Angus, more familiar with the STFC fanbase - "Spanish cheese"

Even though I guess there are probably much less varieties than France, "Spanish cheese" is quite vague. That said I can only really think of manchego off the top of my head, and I am not 100% sure that really is Spanish!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 08:13:26 »

I'm really not convinced by 'Spanish cheese'. Sounds like innuendo.

I hope the trust is looking into this.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 08:15:28 »

It's all a bit vague and conspicuous...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 08:53:03 »

Apart from pocketing last year’s ST money was there any hint that Power May have done the same with the EFL loan money?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:13:56 »

Apart from pocketing last year’s ST money

Not trying to defend Power, because his actions clearly show he’s a crook, but surely the ST money would have paid the wages for last season
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:35:02 »

Apart from pocketing last year’s ST money was there any hint that Power May have done the same with the EFL loan money?

I don’t think anyone needs to hint, it’s pretty obvious. We’ve had £1m off the EFL, season ticket money for last season, furlough payments during last summer plus whatever government business grants the club was able to take.

All that money coming in, but he hasn’t paid creditors, HMRC, the council, players wages last month.

No need to hint, the money is in one bank account .
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:39:34 by Quagmire » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:42:29 »

Clem Morfuni, thinking this must be a trap - "all cheeses, how's that?"

Rob Angus, more familiar with the STFC fanbase - "Spanish cheese"

What a travesty of questioning that is, why didn't they press the matter?!

'All cheeses'?! What the hell kind of answer is that!? Might as well say 'no cheeses'. Bleeding Kangaroo botherer.

Rob should have been more specific, bit of a let down.

#cheesegate

Far as Power pocketing money goes, I think it's pretty obvious he was in the club as long as required to take as much out and pay as little as possible, particularly since the court case started as he must have had an inkling he would be on the losing side of that.

If there's cash coming in but none going back out to pay rent/salary, it doesn't really take a genius to figure where it could have gone.

If there's been a change in ownership etc. does that mean our pukka pie catering contract is finally over and I can get a decent cup of tea that doesn't taste like someone's filled it from the sink at the back of the kitchen that's got all the dirty dishes in it?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:42:33 »

Not trying to defend Power, because his actions clearly show he’s a crook, but surely the ST money would have paid the wages for last season
Well, that’s the point. If he hasn’t paid anyone for a year it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where it’s gone.

Hopefully, something he’s done is downright illegal. Wasn’t the EFL money ringfenced in any way to prevent crooked owners just pocketing it?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 09:49:37 »

Well, that’s the point. If he hasn’t paid anyone for a year it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where it’s gone.

I thought it was only June where he didn’t play the players & staff.

Isn’t it the external suppliers that the crook didn’t pay.

To be fair I’m more concerned about the other dodgy dealings rather than the ST money.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:20:36 »

Power warned in February that he wouldn't have enough money to pay wages etc after the end of March

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:22:15 »

Seems anything not nailed down and worth a few quid ended up in the crook’s pocket. Wages were paid until he decided he’d sold the club and wasn’t his responsibility any more - that alone must have been worth thousands.

The fact he hadn’t paid HMRC and rent for a year or so proves this shitstorm was well planned in advance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:38:18 »

I think I'll also play devils advocate and say deferring both those to pay staff may not be a stupid thing to do. ...

but

that's only true if the st money, EFL grants, sell ons and DJ money, Curran money, etc was less than that paid out.

that's guesswork, but I bet he got his transfer consultancy fees
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:41:03 »

I think I'll also play devils advocate and say deferring both those to pay staff may not be a stupid thing to do. ...

but

that's only true if the st money, EFL grants, sell ons and DJ money, Curran money, etc was less than that paid out.

that's guesswork, but I bet he got his transfer consultancy fees

and the Twine money. (unless that's what you meant by the st money?)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:42:06 »

no, I meant season ticket money - early bird was finished before covid stopped play
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:45:06 »

If everything that we think he has done actually turns out to be true I think this maybe LPs last venture as a company director for a while
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: