Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bartercard  (Read 9521 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 08:24:19 »

More shirts than bartercard...

with all the ronaldo press there are lots of info coming out that utd receive 7% of shirt sales. anyone know the structure for us or in the lower leagues? Never seen it discussed by the club before, I can't imagine we sell huge amounts and we mainly use them as a vehicle for sponsorship rather than for product sales.

Imagine we will get a higher % than Man U for the simple fact that as far as I am aware Puma don't pay us to produce our shirts which they do for the big clubs (obviously in return for what they make in sales hence Adidas are the big winners in Ronaldo shirt terms). I imagine at our level what we make is purely the difference between trade and retail prices of the shirts like any other clothes retailer.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 13:26:41 »

it doesn't answer your question but shirt sales barely bring any income to the club apparently

A few years ago i was told that we only get around 5%

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:11:54 »

If that is true I'd rather the club got a better deal than had a 'big name' kit maker.

Bring back Strikeforce or something.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:59:16 »

It does seem very low and unappealing for the clubs to shift other than to show shirt sponsors that your logo with by worn by x amount of people for a minimum of a year often more.

bristol city took their shirt manufacturing in house i believe. be interesting to see their profit margin and whether it is worth it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 14:32:18 »

It does seem very low and unappealing for the clubs to shift other than to show shirt sponsors that your logo with by worn by x amount of people for a minimum of a year often more.

bristol city took their shirt manufacturing in house i believe. be interesting to see their profit margin and whether it is worth it.

We've done that a few times. DGI was definitely in house and I think possibly Diamond Leisure was too.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 16:58:42 »

We've done that a few times. DGI was definitely in house and I think possibly Diamond Leisure was too.

Genuinely forgot about those shirts! DGI will always be the SSP shirt.

I guess the advantage of a well known brand is the rollout of all the training ware and template accessories. I did love us in adidas just for brand association likewise with fifa
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 07:54:52 »

I guess the advantage of a well known brand is the rollout of all the training ware and template accessories. I did love us in adidas just for brand association likewise with fifa

From a selfish perspective this is why I like having the kit made by a decent sportswear manufacturer. I don't buy the shirts anymore but do occasionally dabble in the training wear for garments for the gym etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 08:56:21 »

The adidas kits with FIFA, FourFourTwo were brilliant. Not often we've had good kits with decent sponsors!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 16:52:02 »

The adidas kits with FIFA, FourFourTwo were brilliant. Not often we've had good kits with decent sponsors!

Yep and Samsung too. For a L2/L1 club at the time Town and us fans were bloody spoiled. I enjoyed the ones with the white "S" that weaved around the shirt too. Still wear that one a fair chunk. Nice fit.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: