Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 93335 times)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 15:49:03 »

So would a refund of the difference between an iFollow sb. and the ST cost be considered fair for those that want it?

that's what they have offered. I consider it fair.

but....

some families will have bought multiple season tickets but only used one pass.
==========
one thing I hope is addressed is the lack of recognition of donating. just a small token. like a plaque in the concourse of the various stands saying thanks.

it's such a small thing in the grand scheme of club issues I know...

Good point.
Cheltenham have done some wall of thanks thing and also issued a 3rd shirt with the names of all fans who passed on refunds
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 15:53:00 »

they may have already thought of it.

or maybe they're a bit busy with all the debts.

just something to think about if they get time
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 15:53:34 »

hence why he said "100% understand people who need the refund..."
Yep completely understand everyone has their own circumstances.. you.must do what is right cor you, Clem also said this.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:03:32 »

Unfortunately I think last seasons season ticket money is in a swiss bank account .. ! Given the level of debt we have I think the pricing and option of a refund from Clem is excellent.. we just need to all get behind the club. 100% understand people who need the refund due to their circumstances,  but my 2 season ticket monies has been written off for the good of the club this season.
That’s all great but ultimately the club is still a privately owned business now by Clem and whereas the owner gets to reduce the level of debt the fans are taken for granted and left with very little to show for it. I still think £30 is a poor compromise and the euphoria of a new owner shouldn’t cloud that judgement.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:04:42 »

I would have thought a reduction of £100 would be fair but that's just my opinion

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:06:32 »

I would have thought a reduction of £100 would be fair but that's just my opinion

£100 and offering refunds or instead of offering refunds? Think it's a bit fairer this way where people can have the money back if they need it (mostly) but the club isn't totally screwed either. It's a tough one.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:08:54 »

I would have liked an option of using the £120 refund against the payment for a renewal. Still £200 to the club & not taking money out in Jan.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:11:13 »

£100 and offering refunds or instead of offering refunds? Think it's a bit fairer this way where people can have the money back if they need it (mostly) but the club isn't totally screwed either. It's a tough one.

£100 off of next seasons season ticket that way there's an incentive for both parties

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:12:42 »

Going back to my original point it’s the tugging at peoples heart strings requesting us to waive the refund that’s my primary issue. It almost makes people feel guilty about getting a refund which I think given the circumstances isn’t really the right way to go about it and will probably see some spending more than they really should be. But that’s just my opinion.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:18:31 »

Having paid £700 for our two season tickets, used one set of ifollow codes for £230 & potentially get a £240 refund.

Seems to penalise couples/families.

Oh well, it is what it is I guess
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:29:15 »

That’s all great but ultimately the club is still a privately owned business now by Clem and whereas the owner gets to reduce the level of debt the fans are taken for granted and left with very little to show for it. I still think £30 is a poor compromise and the euphoria of a new owner shouldn’t cloud that judgement.
I suppose it depends on how we view the club at any particular point in time. It’s more community asset than private business for me and so I’m willing (and can afford) to not worry about last season’s season ticket money, nor am I fussed about some kind of public recognition that seemingly presents me as being a better fan than someone who needs to claim a refund. I’m not.

One could argue that anyone who views the football club purely as a private business enterprise shouldn’t be surprised if that business decides to do what it thinks best to protect itself rather than worrying about customer good will.

LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:33:06 »

We bought a family ticket and only used one pass.  Also you were encouraged not the pass the codes on and they actually stopped it half way through the season. There is no reduction on family tickets at all so I do agree with some others that families have been worst hit.

I think what we will end up paying and what we will end up with watching won’t come anywhere near to matching.

I’m gonna get one but it’s gonna be through gritted teeth. Wait till the first goal gets conceded. 

Sent from my iPhone
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:41:12 »

That's great but everyone's circumstances are different

Are you gently trying to let us down that you won’t be able to support the town this season?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:47:05 »

Are you gently trying to let us down that you won’t be able to support the town this season?

My friend, I will be at most matches this season. I also do what I can for the local economy by parking in town and buying the odd snack and drink on the way to the ground.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 24, 2021, 16:49:43 »

You drink on the way to the ground Pint

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: