Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 93354 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 23:22:41 »

If you pay over the phone by CC or Debit card you pay for your match day ticket up front and the club give you the ticket and the bank pay the club less the usual admin fee anywhere between 1-3% typically, then the transaction become YOUR liability not the club or the bank. With a season ticket it is the same only for a larger amount. However, the pay monthly option is classed as a ‘loan’ of sorts. A credit agreement like buying a sofa if you like. The difference being, you get the sofa in one hit and the sofa seller the money in one hit and the liability for the money passes to you because you’ve signed a credit agreement. With the ST the club are not giving you twenty three games up front but a promise to play those games I return for your payments, which in this case goes to the credit facilitator. The club would like as much of your monthly payments up front as possible, understandable so. The credit facilitator has to have a guarantee that they will honour all the matches of your ST before they stump up the money to the club. The situation is what do the loan facilitator give to the club up front? This then comes as I see it under the umbrella of finance and for that you need a credit rating (think sofa) that’s the problem. HTH a bit long winded but the best I could do.

Not sure that is quite right...

Season Ticket payment options:
- phone/at the club - club get the money upfront (assuming different payment provider than online)
- online - club get money every game played (due to payment providers risk appetite and club poor credit history)
- Credit option - 3/9 months payment options available (interest free but for other clubs people get charged £30 arrangement fee) - assuming club get money upfront (or why else would they offer it)

Normal match tickets - regardless of where the are purchased the club get the money straight away
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 08:14:30 »

1500 sold so far.

Monthly Payment option should be on line later this week
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 11:04:50 »

Spoke to club this Morning.
Phone lines to book season tickets could be up and ready tomorrow.
In addition should expect this to be communicated.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 12:13:59 »

Spoke to club this Morning.
Phone lines to book season tickets could be up and ready tomorrow.
In addition should expect this to be communicated.

Assume they probably need people to man the phones for them and to train them on how to do it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 12:47:29 »

So online will have an intermediary before releasing the payment to the club whilst over the phone using the same card it’s straight into the clubs bank? I’m just trying to grasp why you can use your card over the phone/in person whilst not online. They did say that online tickets per game will be okay as that money will be released however for a season ticket “they” want to pro rata the payments. I don’t work in banking & never had so just trying to understand the difference.

Yes - card processing companies are used, like Worldpay, Square etc.  The business would have an agreement with a Processor not the card provider.  It's likely that the clubs direct relationship with a Merchant has not been affected but that the merchant ticketmaster are using is being more cautious as probably had fingers burned by us.  Ticketmaster have the rights to sell online tickets for us, so we can't bypass them and sell direct if it's online.
kaufman

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 06:34:06 »

As some people have said some of the numbers are not working. What’s the best number to try and talk to someone at the club over the phone currently?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 08:13:42 »

Ticketing Update -
Season Tickets Sold 1,640
Phone lines are now open 0330 002 1993 as well as the ticket office 9am - 7pm Weds - Friday.
We anticipate the phones to be busy so thank you for your patience

from Official FB account.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 09:28:05 »

Was expecting to be on hold forever, but only 10 minutes of the phone ringing I got through, season tickets for me and my youngest sorted Too Cool

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:02:40 »

Flash got mine and his yesterday, no problem, no queues, simply walked up to the window, job done in less than five minutes, looks like the rush has now finished.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:12:06 »

Flash got mine and his yesterday, no problem, no queues, simply walked up to the window, job done in less than five minutes, looks like the rush has now finished.

Well the rush of people not prepared to hold off for the online option, hopefully. Otherwise the race to 6k getting stuck at 2k is going to look pretty shit.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:15:38 »

Well the rush of people not prepared to hold off for the online option, hopefully. Otherwise the race to 6k getting stuck at 2k is going to look pretty shit.

Yes, but it won’t. There is a week and a half to go till our first home game. Then there is the day of the home game. Then there is the instalment option which the Legends household is waiting for. Add into the mix the next payday date.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:19:10 »

Personally think we'll finish up with three maybe three and a half thousand, would love to see it get to the six but unless there's a major rush think that's going to be a bit beyond us.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:50:29 »

Personally think we'll finish up with three maybe three and a half thousand, would love to see it get to the six but unless there's a major rush think that's going to be a bit beyond us.

Yeah I think 6 is optimistic and reckon we'll get somewhere 4,500-4,800 which is still very good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kaufman

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 11:50:57 »

Although I doubt the info is available, it would interesting to see how many season tickets we’ve sold each season over the past 10 years. The PDC season in League 1 especially. I’ll bet it’s not as high as people would think. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 12:19:29 »

As far as I am concerned, the three most important season ticket transactions have been secured.
COYR!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: