Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 93351 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 10:00:24 »

Tried to phone through, the message is the same as prior to the Forest Green match & talks about supporting Richie Wellens Relentless Robins in their push to League 1.

No idea if the phone is actually going to be answered
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 10:42:36 »

Tried to phone through, the message is the same as prior to the Forest Green match & talks about supporting Richie Wellens Relentless Robins in their push to League 1.

No idea if the phone is actually going to be answered

Same here, just confirming that the ticket office remains closed.
Tel number used 0871 876 1993
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 10:53:05 »

Same here, just confirming that the ticket office remains closed.
Tel number used 0871 876 1993

I tried 0330 002 1993 (option 1), that did say someone will be with you shortly, but the message was from just before the FGR match before the first lockdown.

Has anyone been able to get through?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 11:15:17 »

I mentioned to the girl in the ticket office last week that the contact number on the email they sent me (0330 002 1879) was unobtainable. She said that, if that continued to be the case, to send them an email at "enquiries@swindontownfc.co.uk".
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 18:02:16 »

Emailed the club asking about the telephone lines, this was the reply

Our phone lines will be opening this week for supporters to buy their season tickets over the phone. The number is 0330 002 1993.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 18:15:16 »

just mentioned in osc thingy with Rob angus

the issue with online/finance is our credit rating is kind of shot, so they want the club to recurve the cash pro rata per game.

naturally the club want the money up front and are negotiating.

I guess this may be why we haven't paid back the 1M to the EFL yet

I'm any case they were expecting the online stuff to go live middle-end of this week
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 19:06:29 »

just mentioned in osc thingy with Rob angus

the issue with online/finance is our credit rating is kind of shot, so they want the club to recurve the cash pro rata per game.

naturally the club want the money up front and are negotiating.

I guess this may be why we haven't paid back the 1M to the EFL yet

I'm any case they were expecting the online stuff to go live middle-end of this week

does this cover credit cards as I can’t see how a credit card company would have the resources to do this or is it just the V12 options?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 2, 2021, 19:08:54 by Hyabb17 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 19:10:29 »

I don't know.. I renewed and used cc. would have used debit if it disadvantages the club

in fact it looks like it's a direct debit option coming this week (3 or 9 months)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 19:41:27 »

So, it’s the online card payments which is the issue. The card acquirer won’t release the money in one go but only per game which doesn’t help the cash flow. This is why you can’t use card online as most people will.

The finance option will be online later this week.

Edit - Having listening again & looked online I think it’s ticketmaster who will hold back the money & only release game by game. If you pay over the phone etc it goes through the clubs payment terminal & into their bank.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 2, 2021, 20:37:44 by Hyabb17 » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:01:44 »

So, it’s the online card payments which is the issue. The card acquirer won’t release the money in one go but only per game which doesn’t help the cash flow. This is why you can’t use card online as most people will.

The finance option will be online later this week.

Edit - Having listening again & looked online I think it’s ticketmaster who will hold back the money & only release game by game. If you pay over the phone etc it goes through the clubs payment terminal & into their bank.

It's not Ticketmaster it's the actually card payment provider
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:11:15 »

It's not Ticketmaster it's the actually card payment provider

So the bank then, if so, why are they allowing payments over the phone or am I missing something?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:14:51 »

Presumably the Card Payment Merchant that Ticketmaster use in that case - Visa/Mastercard do not process the payments, they run the cards.  Merchants like Worldpay would be involved inbetween.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:16:07 »

So the bank then, if so, why are they allowing payments over the phone or am I missing something?

Because you’re paying for the product up front, rather than the card provider paying the club up front before you pay..
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:22:05 »

So online will have an intermediary before releasing the payment to the club whilst over the phone using the same card it’s straight into the clubs bank? I’m just trying to grasp why you can use your card over the phone/in person whilst not online. They did say that online tickets per game will be okay as that money will be released however for a season ticket “they” want to pro rata the payments. I don’t work in banking & never had so just trying to understand the difference.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:35:48 »

So online will have an intermediary before releasing the payment to the club whilst over the phone using the same card it’s straight into the clubs bank? I’m just trying to grasp why you can use your card over the phone/in person whilst not online. They did say that online tickets per game will be okay as that money will be released however for a season ticket “they” want to pro rata the payments. I don’t work in banking & never had so just trying to understand the difference.

If you pay over the phone by CC or Debit card you pay for your match day ticket up front and the club give you the ticket and the bank pay the club less the usual admin fee anywhere between 1-3% typically, then the transaction become YOUR liability not the club or the bank. With a season ticket it is the same only for a larger amount. However, the pay monthly option is classed as a ‘loan’ of sorts. A credit agreement like buying a sofa if you like. The difference being, you get the sofa in one hit and the sofa seller the money in one hit and the liability for the money passes to you because you’ve signed a credit agreement. With the ST the club are not giving you twenty three games up front but a promise to play those games I return for your payments, which in this case goes to the credit facilitator. The club would like as much of your monthly payments up front as possible, understandable so. The credit facilitator has to have a guarantee that they will honour all the matches of your ST before they stump up the money to the club. The situation is what do the loan facilitator give to the club up front? This then comes as I see it under the umbrella of finance and for that you need a credit rating (think sofa) that’s the problem. HTH a bit long winded but the best I could do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: