Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Summer 21  (Read 4863 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:23:03 »

Trudging through Kirkcaldy this morning and noticed an impressive set of floodlights looming in the distance so just wondering who plays there?

That will be Cowdenbeath, methinks.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:49:09 »

Currently 34.C in the garden here in Freshbrook, purchased a 12ft pool for the garden for £199 from Lidl a while back and we made full use of it after the bbq.

Gave mine away last summer to an NHS nurse FOC, inc pump and Chlorine tablets. Such a fucking nasty Tory that I am. Needed to redo the lawn but the pool was in the way.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:50:03 »

Legoland today. Thank fuck it’s nearly done. Last two hours I’ve felt miserable, I wanna go hoooooooome

Don’t do Disney and Universal at this time of the year in Florida then, save your cash and your health 😁
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:53:21 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:51:06 »

If I ever pluck up the courage to do the Southern Upland Way then I'll pop into Stranraer to check for said blue plaque.  Smiley

To answer original question. Starks Park, Raith Rovers. Looked impressive from a distance.

I thought the legend came from Kirkcaldy. Well, if not go there anyway, you’re closer than we are.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:52:10 »

Spent the day putting laminate flooring down (or to be more precise, watching my DIY-capable friend put laminate flooring down and occasionally handing him a board). Room is west facing, and a complete sun trap

Being ginger and also with sweat glands that activate at anything above 15 degrees, I detest this time of year

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:54:02 »

Sat in the garden drinking cider reading the Daily Mail😀

Elevated to: Tory cunt.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:56:06 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:54:19 »

Don’t do Disney and u iversalin Florida then, save your cash and your health 😁

I’ll be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks where it’s likely to be in the mid 30s from what I’ve been told. I am absolutely, royally fucked. I shall not be going outside
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 17:55:22 »

Spent the day putting laminate flooring down (or to be more precise, watching my DIY-capable friend put laminate flooring down and occasionally handing him a board). Room is west facing, and a complete sun trap

Being ginger and also with sweat glands that activate at anything above 15 degrees, I detest this time of year

Ouch.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 20:38:10 »

Did your friend mop you up afterwards? Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 09:54:41 »

This is what gets me.  There's a tendency for newspapers etc. to assume the hotter/warmer the better when writing about the weather.  But why?  When it's too hot, there's no escaping the heat/irritability/lethargy/difficulty sleeping.  Sunburn, insect bites...all part of the territory.  In Winter - unless you're on the poverty line or homeless (& I appreciate that would be horrific if you are) - most of us can easily remedy being too cold.  You stick on another jumper, or turn the heating up a notch.  Mid-Summer is the only time of year that I think I'm genuinely unable to escape the effects of extreme weather.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 09:57:43 »

Our boiler has stopped working over the weekend. I suppose if there is any time for a boiler to break it is now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:02:54 »

It's a scorching 14 degrees here. This is very much my climate.

Think I'll probably melt the next time I return to England. Gone native very quickly indeed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:06:39 »

Where are you  in the world

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:12:56 »

Where are you  in the world
Chilly Jockoland.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:45:29 »

I was made for hot weather and I fucking love it. I literally only sweat when it’s like this and I can spend the whole day sat in it - within reason.

Think the only time I’ve disliked the heat was after falling asleep in the sun in turkey. Felt like I couldn’t breathe when I woke up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: