Pages: 1 ... 867 868 869 [870] 871 872 873 ... 895   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1346477 times)
Tays85

Ignore
« Reply #13035 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 10:01:44 »

Interesting tweet yesterday from Louis Reed's dad on Scott Lindsey.

'Amazing what a manager can achieve when he’s not told who to pick and who to drop 😉'

I've no doubt this relates to Sandro Di Michele and the fact that was Reed was above the age profile and out of contract at the end of that particular season so told not to play him...  Classic Town
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #13036 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 10:31:42 »

Was thinking about Lindsey and why he failed at STFC. A big reason was that it took so long to appoint him, he never seemed or was the first choice. If we went for him straight away and said that he was a brilliant coach under Garner and deserved a go at the top then that would have gone down a lot better than how it did...

Yup, big expectation management fail. Get him in straight away with a load of player interviews saying how key he was in the play off season and people might have bought into him more.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13037 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 10:34:29 »

Yup, big expectation management fail. Get him in straight away with a load of player interviews saying how key he was in the play off season and people might have bought into him more.

That was part of it, but Lindsey didn't help himself either. He started by saying we were going to play aggressive, front foot football, seemingly as a response to the often very slow football under Garner. He never delivered that, so he failed the expectations he set himself as well.

In no way do i regret him moving on, despite what he has achieved. Fair play to him at Crawley and good luck.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13038 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 10:41:05 »

That was part of it, but Lindsey didn't help himself either. He started by saying we were going to play aggressive, front foot football, seemingly as a response to the often very slow football under Garner. He never delivered that, so he failed the expectations he set himself as well.

In no way do i regret him moving on, despite what he has achieved. Fair play to him at Crawley and good luck.

Well done to him, got them up and i have to say when they came to the CG and got dicked, i commented at HT that they were playing some excellent stuff and were unlucky to be losing....where was that football at the Town? They collapsed second half of course and then did us (like everybody else) at home.

Seems there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes but i never, ever took to him, like Cooper.

I congratulate him again......but there it is.

Clems Army!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #13039 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 11:00:28 »

Totally. He failed to manage expectations himself. That shitshow of a preseason and playing 'fatigued' will be in the hall of shame forever.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13040 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 11:06:21 »

Totally. He failed to manage expectations himself. That shitshow of a preseason and playing 'fatigued' will be in the hall of shame forever.

Oh yeah, you mentioning 'fatigued' is giving me nightmare flashbacks. He was the once who would talk about box entries in post match interviews after turgid games!

Manager communications are so important, outside of results, to getting fans onside and leading the club. We had gone from Wellens down to Garner down to Lindsey, it just felt awful.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #13041 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 11:08:52 »

I regret him moving on - realistically we could have done what Crawley have done. Instead we have been treated to a manager and player revolving door and our worst league position ever.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13042 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 11:11:30 »

I regret him moving on - realistically we could have done what Crawley have done. Instead we have been treated to a manager and player revolving door and our worst league position ever.

No justification to believe he would have done what he has done at Crawley here. Wish him good luck and move on.

My only regret is at how bad the owner has been at appointing managers since, the very different people he has appointed, and as of right now, not appointed!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13043 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 11:35:15 »

We are like a business that is riddle with an infectious disease.  Even those who may be good will eventually get infected.  Until the disease is cured, we are a patient who may have some good days, but is basically terminal.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #13044 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:01:21 »

Robert
My business career has taught me bad decison and bad systems make good people bad.
Morfuni made a bad decision thinking he could get his money back after Power did him over.
Then his ego took over as with many Australians and simply made further bad decisions. He then f@cked over people like Rob Angus and the good people of Swindon who have supported the club for generations who then have turned on him and have simply started to hate him.
Trouble is currently I can't see an easy way out.
Other than just before the clock strikes 12
Plan B happens and a rich knight rides in and saves the day. We can always hope !!!
« Last Edit: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:13:06 by Robinz » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #13045 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:13:13 »

On paper Clem should have been looking to flip the business almost immediately.

That he didn't may be down to outside influences or Clem enjoying the initial success and adoration and thinking it was easy, or a combination of both.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13046 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:15:00 »

126 days now without a permanent manager. Must be some kind of record.

Fucking clowns.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13047 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:25:48 »

For my own amusement, I checked how many of our permanent managers had lasted less long than this current vacancy/caretakership. I think we're past four:

John McGreal - 31 days
Martin Ling -  57 days
Paul Hart - 57 days
Jody Morris - 91 days

Next target is Kevin MacDonald's 135 days. Scott Lindsey managed 206 days, he's well in the sights at this point. Dennis Wise 156 in there as well
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13048 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:34:05 »

On paper Clem should have been looking to flip the business almost immediately.

That he didn't may be down to outside influences or Clem enjoying the initial success and adoration and thinking it was easy, or a combination of both.

Clem clearly came onboard initially with a plan to use the CG development for the benefit of his business.  I think it's feasible that he got sucked in to buying the club when Zav and team turned on Power and identified a way he could so on the "cheap", knowing the freehold was a possibility down the road.  I do not think he was advised, or put in the right amount of due diligence on the Debentures, and understood just how on the hook he was.  I have no sympathy for him, he clearly is as much a chancer as the rest, based on his business behaviour beyond STFC alone.

We now have a reluctant owner who likely has some debt to those who orchestrated him taking the reigns.  We have interested parties with dubious past records in life and other investors who clearly want their pound of flesh as well from this club.  It's like leeches still trying to suck something from the skeleton.

What we can summise, by now, is that nobody is here for the good of STFC and nothing good will happen on purpose for our club while they hang around.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #13049 on: Monday, May 20, 2024, 12:37:13 »

Clem clearly came onboard initially with a plan to use the CG development for the benefit of his business.  I think it's feasible that he got sucked in to buying the club when Zav and team turned on Power and identified a way he could so on the "cheap", knowing the freehold was a possibility down the road.  I do not think he was advised, or put in the right amount of due diligence on the Debentures, and understood just how on the hook he was.  I have no sympathy for him, he clearly is as much a chancer as the rest, based on his business behaviour beyond STFC alone.

We now have a reluctant owner who likely has some debt to those who orchestrated him taking the reigns.  We have interested parties with dubious past records in life and other investors who clearly want their pound of flesh as well from this club.  It's like leeches still trying to suck something from the skeleton.

What we can summise, by now, is that nobody is here for the good of STFC and nothing good will happen on purpose for our club while they hang around.

Bingo. And they won't give a tinker's f*** who they sell it to, rather like our old pal Sir William Patey!
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 869 [870] 871 872 873 ... 895   Go Up
Print
Jump to: