Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 838   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1197115 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 10:34:57 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/robins-announce-partnership-with-fair-game/

This is a good thing. They mean sustainability in the "clubs not going bankrupt all the time" sense rather than the green one, which is initially a bit confusing.

Naturally the post about it is covered in the usual "WHAT ABOUT A NEW RIGHT BACK?" posts, which neatly illustrates why football is fucked.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 12:59:01 »

I have no issue with Flynn being away on holiday for the last few weeks.
Perhaps he has been glued to his phone throughout.
However… Sandro was sacked nearly 7 weeks ago. Who at the club has been dealing with recruitment over the summer?
Who at the club is even qualified to deal with recruitment?
Are we getting a DoF?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3887 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 13:38:23 »

Who at the club is even qualified to deal with recruitment?

To be fair this was the problem last season, we didn’t have an experienced manager & a DoF who knew statistics but not football.

I’m not sure we need a DoF when you have an experienced manager
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 13:45:58 »

Sure, but given Flynn has evidently been away, who in our current set up would you even back to chase down his list of targets?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 13:51:18 »

Sure, but given Flynn has evidently been away, who in our current set up would you even back to chase down his list of targets?

Marcus Cassidy?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 13:54:03 »

Not sure if Mildenhall, Gunning and Peacock will have any kind of input? Aberdeen Angus might be involved to some degree based on input from the scouting network etc. Having watched Sunderland til I die recently, particularly in the first season it was interesting to see how involved the chief exec was in brokering deals, but maybe that was because the chairman was so MIA and had clearly checked out. I assume the way the club is being run is to aim for continuity despite back room shifts so that transfer dealings can still go ahead. I guess maybe part of that was Sandro’s role and he has now departed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 14:00:07 »

Does a manager really need to be in situ nowadays to get on with recruitment?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 14:03:11 »

Does a manager really need to be in situ nowadays to get on with recruitment?

Not if there’s an adequate recruitment team/DoF in place to keep things moving here whilst the manager is away, technology makes it easy.

That’s the question though I’m guessing, who is there that fills that role? Wayne Hatswell? Is Les Caffery still about? I doubt it’s Rob Angus.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3893 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 14:17:53 »

I don’t know what the usual procedure is. Do managers have a little black book of contacts? If, as has been mooted, he’s after a couple of players he’s managed before it’d be simple enough to get things underway by a call + Zoom.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 14:26:05 »

I’m sure at this stage a lot of his initial contact can be via phone and/or Teams etc. Hopefully Flynn knowing Arteta and Guardiola may benefit us in the loan market.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:06:50 »

What would clubs like that see in Swindon when it comes to loan players now? Versus other clubs in the 92.

I’m struggling to come to terms with it but we are L2 mid table dross now.

We’ve always been a big fish on the rare occasions we’ve been in this shit pit of a league in years past. No more.

Last season was a great chance to gamble on going up. Instead Clem absolutely bogged it.

Looking at the league this year and the mood music in SN1 we are more likely to be in a relegation fight.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:16:28 »

Ah here we go, good to see the standard preseason conclusion jumping with little evidence period is kicking into gear..  long overdue and surprised it has taken this long..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:19:30 »

What would clubs like that see in Swindon when it comes to loan players now? Versus other clubs in the 92.

I’m struggling to come to terms with it but we are L2 mid table dross now.

We’ve always been a big fish on the rare occasions we’ve been in this shit pit of a league in years past. No more.

Last season was a great chance to gamble on going up. Instead Clem absolutely bogged it.

Looking at the league this year and the mood music in SN1 we are more likely to be in a relegation fight.

As a club, we probably are one of the “bigger” ones at this level; that alone probably counts for little. If the personal relations between the managers at the big clubs are decent then it may sway them to offer a player if Flynn comes knocking. Like many things football is probably about who you know and is not immune from nepotism or popularity contests.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:26:42 »

Flynn being famous for his Premier League style football…
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:27:01 »

Ah here we go, good to see the standard preseason conclusion jumping with little evidence period is kicking into gear..  long overdue and surprised it has taken this long..

Someone had to get this party started  Pint
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 838   Go Up
Print
Jump to: